What can we get for Chad/D-Rob/Vilma?

BwanaZulia

These are the three I think that are on the chopping block but also could be traded away (as opposed to J-Mac who should just be dumped).

There is the rumor of a 5 for Chad.

Could Vilma get a 1 or 2?

D-Rob get a 2-3?

What do you think and should we try to trade them away?

BZ

These are the three I think that are on the chopping block but also could be traded away (as opposed to J-Mac who should just be dumped).

D-Rob get a 2-3?

BZ

Look, I've been seeing all these things written that say no higher than a 5th rounder for Chad-i don't buy it. if The Eagles can get a second rounder for AJ Friggin Feeley we can get the same for Chad. A first rounder is very possible for Vilma-both-to the RIGHT team. DRob I think is untradeable right now especially with what he's gonna cost any suitor.

I don't see any need to trade any of those players

Drob - still the best DL they have, an underrated player and a pass rushing force on 3rd downs.

Chad - relatively cheap starting QB, unless they get a 2nd rounder for him there's no reason to "dump" this player, especially if Clemens isn't the answer or get hurt.

Vilma - with the injury his value is in the dumps. Also with Hobson and Barton almost definately gone, the Jets can't replace every LB not named Harris at once.

Vilma - with the injury his value is in the dumps. Also with Hobson and Barton almost definately gone, the Jets can't replace every LB not named Harris at once.

Yeah, this is the issue for me. Try him out at OLB next year, move him around and see if he's useful somewhere, because his value plummeted after a knee injury.

Do D-rob and Vilma really fit the scheme though?

Someone would give big money for Vilma in the 4-3, at least a 2nd.

Chad is an expensive insurance policy, but a good one. He wants to start though and that is looking less and less like an option.

BZ

D-Rob get a 2-3?

BZ

Here's what we can get for those 3 players.

A One-way bus ticket from Camden, NJ to Newark, NJ.

A free appetizer at participating Wendy's restaurants.

One weeknight stay at a Motel 6*

*offseason. Taxes are not included.

Do D-rob and Vilma really fit the scheme though?

Someone would give big money for Vilma in the 4-3, at least a 2nd.

before the injury i would agree - but now all bets are off

also people talk about 'the scheme' but that's all hype. they really don't run as much 3-4 as the perception. On passing downs they are in 4 man fronts, vilma used to be a 3 down guy, stays on for nickel and dime. in other words Vilma and Drob should be able to defy scheme.

before the injury i would agree - but now all bets are off

also people talk about 'the scheme' but that's all hype. they really don't run as much 3-4 as the perception. On passing downs they are in 4 man fronts, vilma used to be a 3 down guy, stays on for nickel and dime. in other words Vilma and Drob should be able to defy scheme.

You should really footnote this. Because Bryan Thomas in a 3 man or 4 man front = crappy defense.

You should really footnote this. Because Bryan Thomas in a 3 man or 4 man front = crappy defense.

he's been playing better since the bye, and if you really watch Hobson has been getting alot of the rush duties that BThomas used to get. Thomas is in coverage an awful lot.

he's been playing better since the bye, and if you really watch Hobson has been getting alot of the rush duties that BThomas used to get. Thomas is in coverage an awful lot.

yes he is and he's been absolutely useless doing it too Bit-and Hobson I swear not even ONCE did I even HEAR his name called once last Sunday

yes he is and he's been absolutely useless doing it too Bit-and Hobson I swear not even ONCE did I even HEAR his name called once last Sunday

the whole pass rush didn't do the job last week but let's be real they held one of the most scoring-est teams in the league to a respectable total. the week before Thomas got his first sack of the year, and they usually come in bunches for him, i don't think now is the time to give up on BT.

the whole pass rush didn't do the job last week but let's be real they held one of the most scoring-est teams in the league to a respectable total. the week before Thomas got his first sack of the year, and they usually come in bunches for him, i don't think now is the time to give up on BT.

I see a lot more from Bowens-I see a guy jumping over guys-hungry...Thomas, like him as much as I do-looks way too slow this season

D-Rob get a 2-3?

BZ

Chad Pennington: Believe it or not, I think we can actually get a first day pick for this guy. Alot of teams are in desperate need for a QB (49ers, Falcons, Bears, Ravens). Call me an optimist but I say a 3rd round pick for Chad.

Jonathan Vilma: Coulda gotten a 1st round pick during this past off-season but Mangina decided he wasn't done destroying Vilma's trade value. 3rd Round Pick, maybe a 2nd if the Jets are lucky.

D-Rob: I think you can get a six pack of Natty Ice for D-Rob on the corner of 168th St. in the Bronx.

Archived