Is a QB on our long list of needs?

DonCorleone

i think all positions, including QB are on the table for the draft

Clemens may not have had a great OL in front of him, but he didn't exactly show good judgment. a safety is better than a pick 6, and it's not like this is the first week he's shown no pocket awareness. yes Clarke sucks but Clemens should know that and adjust accordingly.

Clemens may not have had a great OL in front of him, but he didn't exactly show good judgment. a safety is better than a pick 6, and it's not like this is the first week he's shown no pocket awareness. yes Clarke sucks but Clemens should know that and adjust accordingly.

Agreed.... 100% agreed. He was going to get sacked so he tried to throw it over everyone's head. just plain dumb..

Pocket awareness comes from reps and training...that is something that can be changed/fixed. He'll learn not to hold on to the ball, and throw it away when nobody is open (hopefully). Schott was key into turning Brees into the QB that he is today....I wouldn't mind if they brought in a QB in the draft. Maybe 4-5th rounds...but Clemens has to come into the offseason/training camp as a starter or compete for the job.

I'm with you on this one.

And aside from the rookie mistakes....He's had too many picks in the red zone. To me, that is alarming.

I say fix the Oline...and give him (KC) a training camp. We drafted him in the 2nd round for a reason. This year he gets a pass IMO.

Drafting him in the second round really doesn't mean squat as far as how he'll do in the NFL...there's a who's who book of QB's taken in the first round that are in plain suits right now. We drafted Pennington in the first round...how's he doing?

Drafting him in the second round really doesn't mean squat as far as how he'll do in the NFL...there's a who's who book of QB's taken in the first round that are in plain suits right now. We drafted Pennington in the first round...how's he doing?

I agree...but when you draft a guy that high he's gonna play....or at least compete for a starting job. People are so quick to call Clemens a bust but other players around him aren't doing their job. I think Chad turned out pretty good for us...no? Some of the best Jets football i've seen in the past couple years was with Chad under center. Too bad injuries take its toll.

I think Clemens deserves next season with a better OL.

If we were simply a QB upgrade away from the SB maybe the tought process would be different. As we are not, Kellen deserves some more games and the staff will hopefully have a backout plan in place whether it be via the draft or FA should Kellen not be the future.

As a big Chad fan I am amazed at the impatience shown for Kellen and the HC by many here who vehemently called for their predecessors heads. We have a lot of long suffering fans but need to remain rational in our thought process and understand that sometimes immediate results just cant be expected.

You can't expect much from a rookie QB with 3/5 of an O-line that ranges from mediocre to miserable. Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement are probably third stringers on any other team, and Brandon Moore is really no more than average. Combine that with the fact that his best receiving threat, Coles, has missed half of the games Clemens has started. After Coles, Clemens has Cotchery, who hasn't shown the ability whatsoever to be a #1 receiver, stone-hands McCareins, and not much better Brad Smith. NTM no running game.

Surround Clemens with some weapons and an O-line and he'll be fine.

Archived