Week 15 Report Card

Maxman

LOL...there you go again Joe. Playing favorites with that QB position. Pennington a C+, I agree with. For the amount of points this teams scores (especially TD's), I give Clemens and F or giving up that 6.

I'm not even going there with that B you gave the kicking team. A B?...:rl:

LOL...there you go again Joe. Playing favorites with that QB position. Pennington a C+, I agree with. For the amount of points this teams scores (especially TD's), I give Clemens and F or giving up that 6.

I'm not even going there with that B you gave the kicking team. A B?...:rl:

Wait, you say there I go again, yet you agree with me giving the QB position a C+, so the only thing you disagree with is Special Teams? I can live with that. Leon had good returns all day, the Pats had none, and we blocked a punt and returned it for a TD. Yes the missed field goal and blocked punt on us hurt, and I was flip flopping between a C and a B, but I decided to go with a B when the missed field goal came when the game was all but over.

You're confusing. Clemens doesn't even get a grade IMO. One play? C'mon now. Max added in that stat line.

I decided to go with a B when the missed field goal came when the game was all but over.

You're confusing. Clemens doesn't even get a grade IMO. One play? C'mon now. Max added in that stat line.

The game was all but over? There were over two minutes left when he farked up his chance to get the Jets to within one score. They had two timeouts left plus the two minute warning, and in fact they did get the ball back with 1:42 remaining.

Your explanation is worse than your grade.

;)

I added in Clemens #'s. I did it from memory, didn't even have to double check the box score. I am such a diehard fan, lol.

The game was all but over? There were over two minutes left when he farked up his chance to get the Jets to within one score. They had two timeouts left plus the two minute warning, and in fact they did get the ball back with 1:42 remaining.

Your explanation is worse than your grade.

;)

Yeah, because our offense was definitley going to magically get their first touchdown of the game in a 2 minute or less drill with 5 yard Pennington dump-offs. Oh, but before that we would've had to stop Tom Brady with the game on the line. Thats real easy to do. ](*,)

Yeah, because our offense was definitley going to magically get their first touchdown of the game in a 2 minute or less drill with 5 yard Pennington dump-offs. Oh, but before that we would've had to stop Tom Brady with the game on the line. Thats real easy to do. ](*,)

So FG misses dont count if the other team is ahead?

How do you know they wouldnt have recovered an onside kick?

How do you know that after that, there wouldnt be a blatant penalty that was called on the Cheaters that made it easier to score?

Excusing nugie's miss because you dont have confidence in CP is a POOR excuse.

Nuggie blew one against the Bills before the half that would have put the Jets ahead, he blew one against the Ginats, and he blew this crucial kick against N.E.

But it's okay because we woulda lost anyway?

I dont think so.

So FG misses dont count if the other team is ahead?

How do you know they wouldnt have recovered an onside kick?

How do you know that after that, there wouldnt be a blatant penalty that was called on the Cheaters that made it easier to score?

Excusing nugie's miss because you dont have confidence in CP is a POOR excuse.

Nuggie blew one against the Bills before the half that would have put the Jets ahead, he blew one against the Ginats, and he blew this crucial kick against N.E.

But it's okay because we woulda lost anyway?

I dont think so.

So you're going to sit there and honestly say that you felt the Jets would've came back, tied the game and then won in overtime? Jetcane, I love you man, and for that, what is your address? I'm sending the money order for the Liquid Acid ASAP brotha!

The Bills game was a first half field goal. Get over it. Who knows what would've changed if he had made that. Maybe we get blown out or maybe we blow them out, we don't know. It was a first half kick.

The Giants game? Dude, that was all on Chad's awesome 4th quarter.

I have said, that was Nuge's worst missed kick of the season to date. I'm not disclaiming that it didn't come at a crucial time. However, do you really believe the Jets tie that game and send it into overtime if he makes that kick with 2:31 remaining and having to face Tom Freakin' Brady?

So you're going to sit there and honestly say that you felt the Jets would've came back, tied the game and then won in overtime? Jetcane, I love you man, and for that, what is your address? I'm sending the money order for the Liquid Acid ASAP brotha!

The Bills game was a first half field goal. Get over it. Who knows what would've changed if he had made that. Maybe we get blown out or maybe we blow them out, we don't know. It was a first half kick.

I have said, that was Nuge's worst missed kick of the season to date. I'm not disclaiming that it didn't come at a crucial time. However, do you really believe the Jets tie that game and send it into overtime if he makes that kick with 2:31 remaining and having to face Tom Freakin' Brady?

Dude, you are aware that had J-Mac had caught that TD it would have completed a 59 second drive from Chad, why couldn't he have done it again??

Oh and Leon Washington, you ever heard of him?? He's pretty decent at returning punts.

Dude, you are aware that had J-Mac had caught that TD it would have completed a 59 second drive from Chad, why couldn't he have done it again??

Oh and Leon Washington, you ever heard of him?? He's pretty decent at returning punts.

Returning punts? Hardly. The guy has had one good punt return to date, against Pittsburgh. He's a good kick returner. A good punt returner he is not.

Oh and yippee, Chad led a drive in which Leon returned it into Patriot territory. Don't you think Brady runs out the clock, and if not, Hanson or Gostkowski kick it away from Washington the next time like teams do with Hester? You have to think about things in the entire scope. Not just things would've been in a perfect comeback.

I'm sorry, but when the game is the line, Tom Brady is not screwing up 99 times out of 100. His one time was in the AFC Championship Game last season. It won't happen again.

The Jets were losing at halftime. Did you think they were going to come back from a halftime deficit?

So, why bother acknowledging any of the second half plays. Why bother describing Barrett's tackles, or harris', or the lack of a running game since the Jets were behind the entire second half?

Why bother doing this at all, since the game was over when KC threw the pick six in the first quarter?

(btw, he gets an F for that effort).

:Nuts:

Originally Posted by 124

I decided to go with a B when the missed field goal came when the game was all but over.

The Jets were losing at halftime. Did you think they were going to come back from a halftime deficit?

17-7 in New England? No, I really didn't. Not until it was 17-10 did I think we had a chance. Heck, even at 20-10 I thought we had a chance after Leon's return, but when McCareins bobbled that ball I lost all hope. Why? I didn't see the Jets stopping New England and then with zero timeouts and Pennington leading the way (if we had stopped them we would've burned all of our remaining timeouts), I couldn't see us scoring a touchdown to force OT at 20-13. The Nuge kick was a big miss in some aspect, because we didn't have any chance after that, but I didn't see us coming back either way after the McCariens catch was ruled incomplete.

Returning punts? Hardly. The guy has had one good punt return to date, against Pittsburgh. He's a good kick returner. A good punt returner he is not.

Oh and yippee, Chad led a drive in which Leon returned it into Patriot territory. Don't you think Brady runs out the clock, and if not, Hanson or Gostkowski kick it away from Washington the next time like teams do with Hester? You have to think about things in the entire scope. Not just things would've been in a perfect comeback.

I'm sorry, but when the game is the line, Tom Brady is not screwing up 99 times out of 100. His one time was in the AFC Championship Game last season. It won't happen again.

Brady had an off day, he admitted in the interview. It may have continued, you can't be sure.

Look i'm not saying Chad would've led us down for the tie or that Brady would've continued struggling. But it's a possibility, who knows what could've happened. Nuge's miss ended the game. It's as simple as that. To say the game was over even if he makes that kick is just dumb, why even try kicking it if that is the case.

Yes, leon has had only one very good punt return, but wasn't it in a very similar situation???

17-7 in New England? No, I really didn't. Not until it was 17-10 did I think we had a chance. Heck, even at 20-10 I thought we had a chance after Leon's return, but when McCareins bobbled that ball I lost all hope. Why? I didn't see the Jets stopping New England and then with zero timeouts and Pennington leading the way (if we had stopped them we would've burned all of our remaining timeouts), I couldn't see us scoring a touchdown to force OT at 20-13. The Nuge kick was a big miss in some aspect, because we didn't have any chance after that, but I didn't see us coming back either way after the McCariens catch was ruled incomplete.

A Nuge FG gives us a chance, a small one admittedly but still a possibility.

Originally Posted by 124

The game was all but over? There were over two minutes left when he farked up his chance to get the Jets to within one score. They had two timeouts left plus the two minute warning, and in fact they did get the ball back with 1:42 remaining. Except now, they were TWO scores behind, not one, because Nuggie MISSED the FG.

:cheers:

Originally Posted by 124

The game was all but over? There were over two minutes left when he farked up his chance to get the Jets to within one score. They had two timeouts left plus the two minute warning, and in fact they did get the ball back with 1:42 remaining. Except now, they were TWO scores behind, not one, because Nuggie MISSED the FG.

:cheers:

And did the Jets drive down the field and score on that drive? Nope.

And did the Jets drive down the field and score on that drive? Nope.

The entire game and strategy changed when Nuggy missed the FG.

It was a crucial miss, CRUCIAL, and had a direct impact on the rest of the game.

Really, the Jets never led, they were 24 point underdogs, and the game was over in the first quarter, so why bother giving out grades at all?

:rl:

btw, Pettite and Clemens cheated. ;-)

Joey, you really missed the boat on this. You cut your hero a break and gave a higher grade to his unit because you dont like Chad and didnt think he was going to comeback from a one score deficit with two minutes to go.

You completely ignored the onside kick possibility, and anything else that could have happened.

Just own up to the fact that nuggy missed a big kick, and missed badly, and cost the Jets whatever chance they had at tying the game because they were down 10 instead of 7.

He sucked on that kick. And choked away any opportunity the Jets had at that point.

The game was over AFTER he missed the kick- not before.

Yeah, have someone who's openly biased for and against certain players give out the grades. Yep, that's smart :rolleyes:

Yeah, see, if you actually knew me, you'd know that I throw the biast crap out the window. I do not favor Nugent or plan to bash Pennington. Thats not my style.

Believe what you would like. The total Special Teams grade could've been a C or B, I personally felt that the Jets made more plays on ST's that were good than they did that were bad, and where I went to school, if there are more good plays then it deserves a higher grade than a C.

I don't have to know you. I've read all of your report cards and I've seen your posts regarding certain players and it's obvious who you like and don't like when reading your grades. Most of your grades are accurate for other positions on the team, but when talking about Nuge, Clemens and Pennington, you do tend to be a little biased for/against them.

Archived