Pro Football Talk...Clemens

NIGHT STALKER

I say you give them both 1 more year build up that OL so it can actually protect whoever our QB is ,then if neither steps up ,then invest in a new QB ,instead of investing right off the bat and getting him put on the IR in preseason...

C'mon now

Why in the world would you want to make a non reactionary logical statement like that for?

Guys, whoever it is, will lead us to the SB...you guys will be alive to see it. .

I have been saying that over & over for so many years ,I no longer believe it ,I`d like to see us win 1 MORE SB while I`m alive ,but since we put more effort into our tailgateing thenour team does to win a championship...It`s probably NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...

BTW, you left out my hero Brett Favre, a 2nd rd pick.

i also left out Browning Nagle, taken 1 pick later in the same round of the same draft.

Look man i want nothing more than for Clemens to be a great Jets QB. I don't have anything personal against this player, and I for damn sure don't love Chad.

But im looking at the early results, and let's face it the guy has been terrible.

Usually terrible 2nd year players don't suddenly become great year 3 - it's possible, but unlikely.

The guy has thrown some of the most brutally bad pick-6 TDs that I have ever seen. And I lived through the Vinny T era. That Pats play everyone blames the line but the fact of the matter was he should have taken the sack/safety. He wouldn't have gotten hurt if he wasn't trying to throw. It's one thing to say Chad can't make certain throws because of his shoulder. ok, Fine.

so What's Clemens' excuse? The guy isn't improving from game to game, in fact the bigger the stage, the worse he plays.

These are probably the same sources who were clammoring for Clemens while Penny was crapping all over the field. And im sorry Pennington didn't put us in anykind of position to win the game. I'm not so quick to have moneyshots over his 5 yard out patterns that nearly get picked every time. THE DEFENSE Kept us from being completely slaughtered. Did Pennington throw a TD pass? No. Did he engineer any scoring drives that weren't measly FG's? No. This is just typical media trying to start garbage and controversy. I don't even understand how people still expect Clemens to come out and start winning Super Bowls right our of the gate...

I'm willing to go through the aches and pains with Clemmens cause all there is is upside. Pennington can't learn or do anything new. He's a depleted QB and we need to move on from him. This is simply media talking sh*t...

i also left out Browning Nagle, taken 1 pick later in the same round of the same draft.

Look man i want nothing more than for Clemens to be a great Jets QB. I don't have anything personal against this player, and I for damn sure don't love Chad.

But im looking at the early results, and let's face it the guy has been terrible.

Usually terrible 2nd year players don't suddenly become great year 3 - it's possible, but unlikely.

The guy has thrown some of the most brutally bad pick-6 TDs that I have ever seen. And I lived through the Vinny T era. That Pats play everyone blames the line but the fact of the matter was he should have taken the sack/safety. He wouldn't have gotten hurt if he wasn't trying to throw. It's one thing to say Chad can't make certain throws because of his shoulder. ok, Fine.

so What's Clemens' excuse? The guy isn't improving from game to game, in fact the bigger the stage, the worse he plays.

Crappy coaches.

Not sure what you expected from a 1st year starting QB taking over a 1-6 football team, and doing it w/o Coles the majority of the time on top of that. He's been as I expected, ups and downs. He should have taken the sack/safety, and then we'd all be b#tching about how he should have thrown it away - it was a classic young QB mistake. They all do it.

I don't understand why the faith in Clemens.

People talk about 'oh he needs more time' but i guaruntee if his QB rating was 125 we wouldn't be having that conversation.

looked it up, in general 2nd round QB are not special

2nd round QB by year:

Kevin Kolb, Eagles

John Beck, Dolphins

Drew Stanton, Lions

Kellen Clemens, Jets

Tavares Jackson, Vikings

Drew Brees, Chargers

Shaun King, Buccaneers

Charlie Batch, Lions

Jake Plummer, Cardinals

Tony Banks, Rams

Todd Collins, Bills

Kordell Stewart, Steelers

Matt Blundin, Chiefs

Mike Elkins, Chiefs

Billy Joe Tolliver, Chargers

That argument would be great if it had ANYTHING to do with the topic at hand.

Archived