In 20 Yrs the only thing people will remember about the 2007 NE Patriots....

Smizzy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Translation

No cheating happened...blah...The Jets Cheat too though they were never caught...blah.....Indy cheated....

NFL=Boxing, at least we know that the WWE is a show....

Where did I say the Jets or Colts cheated? I pointed out that the Jets film every game and that the communication to Brady wasn't working during the Colts game.

If you are so sure that this will forever taint the Patriots. Answer me this how often do you hear in discussions of the Shula era of the Dolphins that the Dolphins lost a pick because of tampering?

It was a big scandal at the time.

Or do you even know that happened?

Taken off the wikipedia- Shula page

After the 1969 season, Joe Robbie, owner of the Miami Dolphins, signed Shula to a contract to become Miami's second head coach. As a result of Shula's signing the team was charged with tampering by the NFL, which forced the Dolphins to give their first round pick to the Colts. The decision was controversial because Shula and Robbie's negotiations and signing were conducted before and after the official NFL/AFL merger, respectively. Had the negotiations been concluded before the merger, while the NFL and AFL were rivals, the NFL's anti-tampering rules could not have been applied.

I hadn't heard of this- so I looked it up. While yes it sounds like it could have been controversial at time- its hard for me to believe, or even except, that the Pats 2007 actions can be compared to this. There is definitely an asterisk next to the 2007 Pats season...but why do you Pats fans care....if they win the championship they win the championship. They are still playing great football. It's just hard to believe for the rest of the NFL to believe that the Pats weren't doing this during thier glory years of a few years ago when they won 3 championships in 4 years. You can call Jets fans, or any fans of the league, jealous or bitter or whatever. All we know if that Belly got caught cheating in September...the year the Pats went undefeated...

I read in another post that someone said this videotaping just became illegal in 06. That's fine. But so did Steroids and human growth hormone earlier in this decade but the perception is that Barry is still a cheater for all of his alleged steroid use. So all the Patriots are really dealing with her is perception. I think Barry is a cheater and I think the Pats are cheaters. But why do Pats fans care what everyone else thinks? Is it that they hate the fact that we could be right?

Where did I say the Jets or Colts cheated? I pointed out that the Jets film every game and that the communication to Brady wasn't working during the Colts game.

Are the Jets doing so within the rules of the NFL? If not I am sure the NFL will take action. Usually when communications are interrupted because of technical reasons on one side line, the other side line also has them taken away until they are restored or they will be forced to use other means of communications such as player relay or additional means of communications....

If you are so sure that this will forever taint the Patriots. Answer me this how often do you hear in discussions of the Shula era of the Dolphins that the Dolphins lost a pick because of tampering?

It was a big scandal at the time.

Or do you even know that happened?

tamper

1: to carry on underhand or improper negotiations (as by bribery)2 a: to interfere so as to weaken or change for the worse

earth to gainzo

every team is allowed to film the game.... not the opponents sidelines.. Blokey

Are the Jets doing so within the rules of the NFL? If not I am sure the NFL will take action. Usually when communications are interrupted because of technical reasons on one side line, the other side line also has them taken away until they are restored or they will be forced to use other means of communications such as player relay or additional means of communications....

The Colts had communication during that game, the Pats didn't. I'm trying to point out your hypocrisy. You accuse the Pats of messing with signals but when the same thing happens to the Pats you don't make mention of it.

Should the Broncos have an asterisk next to their Super Bowl titles?

In December 2001, the Broncos were fined $968,000 and lost a third-round pick in the 2002 draft for violations reportedly relating to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis.

On Thursday, the league announced that the Broncos have been fined $950,000 and will lose a third-round selection in next year's draft for circumventing the salary cap between 1996 and '98. The penalties were set in an agreement between the league, the Players Association and the Broncos and resolve a case against the team brought before the sport's special master by the NFL's Management Council in January 2003, the league announced.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

The hatred for the Patriots is beyond comical at this point.

The Colts had communication during that game, the Pats didn't. I'm trying to point out your hypocrisy. You accuse the Pats of messing with signals but when the same thing happens to the Pats you don't make mention of it.

Should the Broncos have an asterisk next to their Super Bowl titles?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

The hatred for the Patriots is beyond comical at this point.

Your examples are still different that being caught cheating during a game.

Your examples are still different that being caught cheating during a game.

So the Broncos paying their two star players under the table is OK? I say that gave the team one hell of a competitive advantage. Other teams had to cut players or release them because they didn't fit under the cap.

Did you notice that the penalty from the NFL was close to $1 million and the loss of multiple draft picks?

The 49ers also broke salary cap rules and were punished accordingly.

Where is the outrage?

I stealing a laptop with all of an opposing teams game plans, research, opinions of other teams strengths and weaknesses cheating too?

Because that is what EM did when he left the Pats.

Although in the long run it will hurt the Jets more than the Pats. Relying on BB's research is the only reason the Jets had a winning season last year. Once EM had to starting thinking for himself the team dropped to 3-13. But his success his first year will keep him as the Jets head coach for several more losing seasons. Had EM not cheated he would have only lasted one year as the coach of the Jets.

And the Jets were caught video taping the Pats defensive signal last year as well. The difference between the Pats and Jets, is not that the Pats were the only ones doing it. Nope Jets did it too. The difference wasn't that they were the only ones caught. Nope other teams were caught too. The difference was that the Pats were the only team punished for it.

BB was stupid. Teams were breaking the rules and not getting punished through out 2006. Godell made it clear he was tired of it and would crack down in 2007, BB persisted. And Godell cracked down. Fine. Having a rule and not enforcing it is dumb. But claiming that the Pats were the only one breaking it is ignorant.

And nothing that was done had any impact on 2007.

Claiming that the Mitchell report taints one baseball team and only one baseball team would be ludicrous. And that is what some fans of losing teams are trying to do with the taping in football.

Here is what happened to the 49ers.

The N.F.L. had no comment.

According to team and league officials, at least one owner has asked high-ranking N.F.L. officials, including Tagliabue, to kick Policy out of the league for good. Still other owners have said that Policy should be suspended for at least one year.

''The owners who are saying I should be severely punished are basing those comments on what they hear, not the facts,'' Policy said.

Policy's defenders insist he has never broken the rules, and the reason he is being investigated is that he was so successful. His supporters also point out that none of the Super Bowl years are involved.

Many in the N.F.L. consider salary-cap violations to be almost as big a threat to competitive balance as drugs or gambling. That is definitely not a stretch. If one team can pay players under the table to get around salary-cap rules, while all others are abiding by the guidelines, the cheating team can win faster and keep that winning team together longer.

According to team officials, there are several issues in the 49ers case.

*The N.F.L. says that Druckenmiller's original San Francisco contract contained a fictitious year added on for salary-cap purposes. The N.F.L. believes that by adding that extra year, the 49ers got more cap room. Policy said that because of the investigation he could not get into specifics but that Druckenmiller's deal was legitimate.

*Young, the N.F.L. maintains, took a reduction in salary to help the 49ers sign Druckenmiller; he was promised that the money would be given back the following the year, and he got it back. The collective bargaining agreement bans undisclosed agreements, promises or understandings of any kind involving salary that are not disclosed to the league. Policy said the management council examined Young's contract at the time and approved it.

*Jones went back to the team seeking a payment believed to be between $500,000 and $1 million he said was owed to him. Jones says the payment was promised to him after retirement for ''other services.'' The N.F.L. believes Jones performed no services and the payment was really for playing. Policy said he did everything by the rules.

Policy said his main concern is for the reputation of the 49ers. ''I have no love for the people running the organization now,'' Policy said of the York family, which now controls the team. ''But I will always be loyal to that franchise.''

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE6DC103EF933A1575BC0A9669C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=2

In 20 years, the only people that will remember spygate are bitter, die hard Jets fans.

Plus bitter Bills, Dolphins & Steelers fans. The funny thing is that Colts fans (easily the Pats biggest rival) barely mention spygate anymore.

You know why? The Colts have beaten the Pats over the last few years.

As well as super models!

That is a forehead:

fbc_peyton_manning_nfl_164x225.jpg

manningplottingrevengebbu0.jpg

Super Models whom he has kids with out of wedlock? Always awesome. Didn't he cheat on one of them as well? Ah, he learns from his second dad in BB.

Peyton? He just films commercials and sets records and oh yeah.. is the more recent winning Quarterback. ;)

That's right...With enough class to sell.....

....actually, I would never call you classy. Misguided, yes. You see, you defend your Jets and Mangini - yet it appears that you idolize criminals who find "ratting" someone out to be the ultimate crime.

Kind of stupid, no?

:)

The Jets tape every game. Instead of being on the sideline their camera guy is 100 feet away on the mezzanine.

Taping the GAME, not the coaches. The NFL even came out and sided with the Jets' version of events, but nice try in your attempt to deflect this back on the Jets.

....actually, I would never call you classy. Misguided, yes. You see, you defend your Jets and Mangini - yet it appears that you idolize criminals who find "ratting" someone out to be the ultimate crime.

Kind of stupid, no?

How is Worshipping Don Corleone any worse than Mumbles????

Mumbles is worse IMO, you know what your are getting with the Don

that Kangaroo comment was pretty funny I must admit

Kind of stupid, no?

Not stupid at all. I do not idolize criminals, I merely like the movie. I do not defend Mangini since I hate him. and because of you I find myself having to block your posts at home (so that my children, also Jets fans and big fans of the forum) do not read stuff that obviously belongs on other types of sites.

Perhaps I am a bit too strick with what they read, but it is after all my right.

Taping the GAME, not the coaches. The NFL even came out and sided with the Jets' version of events, but nice try in your attempt to deflect this back on the Jets.

I'm not deflecting it back to the Jets.

Have you seen the tape the Jets film every game? I haven't. That camera could be pointed at anything. Sidelines, coaches, down and distance, signals. Who knows?

And the Jets were caught video taping the Pats defensive signal last year as well. The difference between the Pats and Jets, is not that the Pats were the only ones doing it. Nope Jets did it too. The difference wasn't that they were the only ones caught. Nope other teams were caught too. The difference was that the Pats were the only team punished for it.

The Jets were not taping defensive signals. They were taping the game and the NFL sided with the Jets' version of events, huge difference. Just keep making things up though as it's pretty comical considering you obviously think Bellichick, someone found guilty of cheating, is God. Worship a liar and a cheater, nice morales you have.

Archived