Your Top 5 MLB Teams of 2008

RonnieLott#1HeadBuster42

I don't know how you can put the Yanks on top...as much as it pains me being a Yankees fan, you have to put the chumps (sorry, I meant champs) on top.

He is a homer.

Probablt still thinks Beckett was a bad deal. Oh wait, that was Mad Mike.

He is a homer.

Nah, Beckett was a nice pick up. I wish the Yanks would have got him, but they didnt want Lowell.

I don't know how you can put the Yanks on top...as much as it pains me being a Yankees fan, you have to put the chumps (sorry, I meant champs) on top.

I think with a healthy pitching staff and Joba in the rotation along with Hughes the Yanks will have a better staff than Boston.

Boston---Champs until someone beats em.

Cleveland ---Can't rank them below teams they beat and Cliff Lee should rebound to give them 3 studs in the rotation.

Detroit - Cabrera and Willis are nice addittions and Bonderman has to be better than last season.

Yanks--- Santana would obviously move this ranking up.....otherwise the everday line-up has too many injury and age related question marks to rank higher. The kid staff will be fun to watch.

Angels----* Move up a spot if they get Konerko.

Twins could also be a factor if Johan is kept and Liriano is healthy.

He is a homer.

Don't be surprised if Beckett doesn't do nearly as well as he did this year. I'm not saying it's a bad deal for them, just don't expect this type of year every year. Beckett isn't this good of a pitcher.

You actually believe this? Seriously?

I meant he's not as good of a pitcher as he pitched this year. He clearly outperformed all of his career averages by a considerable margin this year. It's not like I'm going out on a limb saying he won't perform up to last year's standards.

• 8 months later...

Cleveland ---Can't rank them below teams they beat and Cliff Lee should rebound to give them 3 studs in the rotation.

Detroit - Cabrera and Willis are nice addittions and Bonderman has to be better than last season.

Yanks--- Santana would obviously move this ranking up.....otherwise the everday line-up has too many injury and age related question marks to rank higher. The kid staff will be fun to watch.

Gimmie Shelter with the prediction of the year with his Cliff Lee rebound....

oh... and Gimmie loses points with Willis being a nice addition...

Archived