David Ball?! Hell yeah!

TNJet

Sorry guys but remember in the 06 draft how I was all about this guy? He has Chrebet like hands honestly.We need to get this guy to a long term deal soon.I just saw where he is on our roster now. I would take him over McCareins Today. No more butterfingers Justin,hello ballin' Ball. He caught everything thrown to him in the 06 e w shrine game,anyone else remember that game? He totally stole the show from Jacoby Jones and other small school wrs.

We signed him in late Nov to the practice squad. Activated him a month later for the last game. He was cut from Chicago's practice squad in September (twice) after picking him up as an UDFA in late April.

Caught 50 TD's in college (broke Jerry Rice's record) is all I remember of him.

If he's been cut from the Bears practice squad twice I find it hard to believe he's anything special.

If he's been cut from the Bears practice squad twice I find it hard to believe he's anything special.

James Harrison and Derek Anderson were cut by their old teams the last few years. Jimmy Smith was a high pick cut by the Cowboys. I am not saying to stop bringing in wide recievers but sometimes guys just need a chance.

James Harrison and Derek Anderson were cut by their old teams the last few years. Jimmy Smith was a high pick cut by the Cowboys. I am not saying to stop bringing in wide recievers but sometimes guys just need a chance.

Yes, the Jets years ago used to have some young WRs by the name of Terence Mathis and Tony Martin. They got cut and did pretty well for other teams.

i don't understand the criteria for being an NFL wideout. They seem to want talent in this order: Size, Speed, Catching, Smarts

IMO, it should be: Catching, Speed, Smarts, Size

He did that with Ricky Santos throwing to him.

Ricky > Chalen Clemington

My nephew played with these guys at New Hampshire (he's still there) Ball is a little on the slow side but runs good routes and has hands like glue. I don't ever remember him dropping a ball(no pun intended) He uses his hands to catch the ball also, not his body. New Hampshire ran a wide open NFL style offense. Which should help.

It's kinda funny, I remember my nephew telling me the Jets scouts were at the games. I kinda figured they were checking out Dave Ball and Ricky Santos.

His name is Eric Cumba by the way plays G. #58.

Archived