Mock drafts...unreal!

NIGHT STALKER

I've been looking at quite a few mocks the past week and I can't remember seeing such a divided group of "mock experts". It's amazing the flipping around of players in their top 10.

What all this means to me is the old shotgun method of this years draft...meaning, you fire off your shotgun and hope it hits something.

I've been looking at quite a few mocks the past week and I can't remember seeing such a divided group of "mock experts". It's amazing the flipping around of players in their top 10.

What all this means to me is the old shotgun method of this years draft...meaning, you fire off your shotgun and hope it hits something.

In retrospect the mocks do very poorly at predicting the draft. As the draft gets closer they all more or less merge together as a mock consesus builds. But the fact is that the real decision makers keep their thoughts to themselves. (Did anyone know the Texans would pass on Reggie Bush?)

is vernon gholston any good?

i think he'll be a good player. Not great, and might take some ribbing for his high draft spot, but could be a great situational guy. Most 1st round buckeye players, unless they are reaches (ginn), are worth their first round selection. i don't see him as being any different.

Before its over I predict that between the media types and the experts on this board

there will be at least a dozen different names in the sixth slot and about two dozen

different combos of trades up/down out of the sixth slot.

Lets just hope the Jets take the right pick! Whatever THAT may be?

i think he'll be a good player. Not great, and might take some ribbing for his high draft spot, but could be a great situational guy. Most 1st round buckeye players, unless they are reaches (ginn), are worth their first round selection. i don't see him as being any different.

Interesting. I feel exactly the opposite. I think Gholston is boom or bust. Good chance he'll be a great pass rusher, but he could also be a total zero. Though total zero IMO may equate to another Bryan Thomas. I do agree he could end up being situational. He's a guy I'd like to see run at the combine. See if he has elite athleticism.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by a great situational guy? Do you mean he only comes in on

passing downs? Not worth it for a high draft pick.

Archived