Tomlinson's legacy

Matt39

Does he need a big performance in your eyes today to be considered one of the best ever?

He better not be on the sidelines milking a bruised knee either.

Maybe not today, but somewhere in his career he will need to have a great playoff game to really re-inforce his status as one of the elite of all time. Last season though ensured that he will at least be a sure first ballot HOF'er.

Does he need a big performance in your eyes today to be considered one of the best ever?

for the chargers to keep it close, they will need at least 4 drives that are 10 plays or longer, 3 of which get TD's. They will need every ounce of energy from each RB, or they will get destroyed.

as for legacy...barry sanders is one of, if not the, best ever. He never did crap in the playoffs.

for the chargers to keep it close, they will need at least 4 drives that are 10 plays or longer, 3 of which get TD's. They will need every ounce of energy from each RB, or they will get destroyed.

as for legacy...barry sanders is one of, if not the, best ever. He never did crap in the playoffs.

To be fair though, Barry never played on a team that was as talented as the Chargers are.

LT has nothing to prove. No doubt he can do it all; perhaps the most successful versatile back in history. That being said, a SB Ring would be the notch-in-the-bedpost placing him in elite company. M. Faulk has a ring. He is likely the closest historical comparison to LT IMO.

LT has nothing to prove. No doubt he can do it all; perhaps the most successful versatile back in history. That being said, a SB Ring would be the notch-in-the-bedpost placing him in elite company. M. Faulk has a ring. He is likely the closest historical comparison to LT IMO.

That is an interesting comparison. I'd have to agree with you on that one, i'd almost say they threw to Faulk more, but seeing LT's receiving numbers, i'm not sure that that would be true.

Faulk seemed to have the luxury of the rams offense to get amazing amounts of yards. I'm not sure that LT ever had that going for him, until recently i suppose.

That is an interesting comparison. I'd have to agree with you on that one, i'd almost say they threw to Faulk more, but seeing LT's receiving numbers, i'm not sure that that would be true.

Faulk seemed to have the luxury of the rams offense to get amazing amounts of yards. I'm not sure that LT ever had that going for him, until recently i suppose.

The Chargers have had Gates for a while, which is a different type of threat than the GSOT had. I would agree though, LT has done more with less (he has averaged a few passing TDs a year too, which may seem irrelevant, but it must be considered). I just think Faulk is the closest comparison, but LT will go down as the better back.

Remember the SD team he played on his rookie yr? They sucked horrible and that Oline was terrible.

Milking a bruised knee? He hyper extended it. Most guys would be out 3 weeks.

Maybe not today, but somewhere in his career he will need to have a great playoff game to really re-inforce his status as one of the elite of all time. Last season though ensured that he will at least be a sure first ballot HOF'er.

He ran over the Pats last season in the play-offs and also had big receiving yards b4 they went away from the run a little in the 2nd half.

He could use another big time post season game though on his resume. We shut him down in 2004.

He ran over the Pats last season in the play-offs and also had big receiving yards b4 they went away from the run a little in the 2nd half.

He could use another big time post season game though on his resume. We shut him down in 2004.

Yep. Tomlinson wasnt much of a factor against us in 04.

Tomlinson is already an all time reat- I just think he needs a big playoff performace where he puts the Chargers on his back and gets them to the Super Bowl.

We will see, Im rooting for him.

He should have been playing. Period.

Only he knows his body. If he thinks it's better to sit than to risk injuring the knee further....than so be it.

You want the guy to play because it's NE and they are undefeated. I don't care who he's playing...if he's hurt he will be a non factor either way.

Where is the issue?

Only he knows his body. If he thinks it's better to sit than to risk injuring the knee further....than so be it.

You want the guy to play because it's NE and they are undefeated. I don't care who he's playing...if he's hurt he will be a non factor either way.

Where is the issue?

There is no issue, it's just a keyboard warrior trying to make himself feel big by knocking the guy.

top 20 RBs

1 barry sanders

2 jim brown

3 emmit smith

4 walter payton

5 eric dickerson

6 marcus allen

7 marshall faulk

8 terrell davis

9 L.T.

10 curtis martin

11 tony dorsett

12 earl campbell

13 jim taylor

14 john riggins

15 franco harris

16 priest holmes

17 tiki barber

18 OJ simpson

19 larry csonka

20 jamal lewis

21 reggie bush :D (just kidding)

LT = soft.

Guy complains about Rivers all year, yet he's the one that sits out the biggest game of his life with a bump on his knee.

Please.

Can't wait to get a post game explanation on his not playing. He would have been huge in all these redzone failures......especially the last 3rd and 1 in which Turner got snuffed.

Archived