What a Joke...

The Troll

As if I had ANY respect for Tony LaRussa before, the little sliver that I may have had is now gone. Chris Carpenter starting the all-star game is an absolute joke. The spot should have gone to Dontrelle Willis, Roger Clemens, or at the least, Livan Hernandez. Sure, Carpenter is having a very good season, but if you think he'd be any higher than 4th if the Cy Young voting was tallied today, you'd be kidding yourself. He shouldn't be starting in the all-star game and it's pathetic that the only reason he is is because of his a$$hole manager.

As if I had ANY respect for Tony LaRussa before, the little sliver that I may have had is now gone. Chris Carpenter starting the all-star game is an absolute joke. The spot should have gone to Dontrelle Willis, Roger Clemens, or at the least, Livan Hernandez. Sure, Carpenter is having a very good season, but if you think he'd be any higher than 4th if the Cy Young voting was tallied today, you'd be kidding yourself. He shouldn't be starting in the all-star game and it's pathetic that the only reason he is is because of his a$$hole manager.

Carpenter has had the best pitching start of any pitcher this year, according to some stat.

The starter, while a great honor, doesn't really matter, if this game really does count. Consider that the pitcher won't factor in the final parts of the game, this might turn out to be a brilliant move, to get the NL a win. You figure that at the end, you could have a Dontrell Willis, a Roger Clemens, or what not to turn to, you could seal yourself the victory.

It's a smart move, if you think the game means anything.

It's a dumb move if you're a Cubs fan, or a fan who thinks the game means nothing, or a bitter Yankees fan who's pissed that Jeter didn't get in.

Carpenter has had the best pitching start of any pitcher this year, according to some stat.

The starter, while a great honor, doesn't really matter, if this game really does count. Consider that the pitcher won't factor in the final parts of the game, this might turn out to be a brilliant move, to get the NL a win. You figure that at the end, you could have a Dontrell Willis, a Roger Clemens, or what not to turn to, you could seal yourself the victory.

It's a smart move, if you think the game means anything.

It's a dumb move if you're a Cubs fan, or a fan who thinks the game means nothing, or a bitter Yankees fan who's pissed that Jeter didn't get in.

I think it was a classy move. He threw his own pitcher under the bus in lieu of embarrassing somebody else's pitcher! Which ever pitcher he chose, Willis, Clemens, Carpenter, etc...

they'd have to face the deadliest lineup ever assembled in any all star game: Damon, A-rod, Papi, Man-Ram, Miggy, Vladdy, Teixeira, V-tek the Beast, and Brian frwakin Roberts batting NINTH!

Our #9 hitter has the highest batting avg in the league!!!

Good luck NL pitching staff, youre gonna need it!

I think it was a classy move. He threw his own pitcher under the bus in lieu of embarrassing somebody else's pitcher! Which ever pitcher he chose, Willis, Clemens, Carpenter, etc...

they'd have to face the deadliest lineup ever assembled in any all star game: Damon, A-rod, Papi, Man-Ram, Miggy, Vladdy, Teixeira, V-tek the Beast, and Brian frwakin Roberts batting NINTH!

Our #9 hitter has the highest batting avg in the league!!!

Good luck NL pitching staff, youre gonna need it!

If I've told you once, I've told you one million times...as long as you guys subject us to the rampant use of extremely homoerotic nicknames such "Giambino" and "Bam-Tino" its going to be "Man-Ram" and "Big Papi" all day long!

As soon as you stop saying "Giambino" in a serious manner...you'll never hear either one from me again.

One last thing: No self-respecting Sox fan refers to Manny as "Man-Ram." It is a Jim Rome creation. Jim Rome hates the REd Sox and Manny. The nickname actually has a negative connotation. He doesnt call himself that...nor do his teammmates, nor does any member of RSN. If I use it, it is to annoy the Yankee fans of JN.com

If I've told you once, I've told you one million times...as long as you guys subject us to the rampant use of extremely homoerotic nicknames such "Giambino" and "Bam-Tino" its going to be "Man-Ram" and "Big Papi" all day long!

As soon as you stop saying "Giambino" in a serious manner...you'll never hear either one from me again.

One last thing: No self-respecting Sox fan refers to Manny as "Man-Ram." It is a Jim Rome creation. Jim Rome hates the REd Sox and Manny. The nickname actually has a negative connotation. He doesnt call himself that...nor do his teammmates, nor does any member of RSN. If I use it, it is to annoy the Yankee fans of JN.com

Yes, Tony does bob for apples a bit, but I'd take him in a heartbeat over the the toothpick sucking hemorrhoid we have "coaching" the Cubs. In his defense, now that the game means something and you really want to win, I'd go with a guy in the starting role that is going to be personally impacted by the outcome. I dont think Willis will be doing but watching on the big plasma screen by postseason.

Yes, Tony does bob for apples a bit, but I'd take him in a heartbeat over the the toothpick sucking hemorrhoid we have "coaching" the Cubs. In his defense, now that the game means something and you really want to win, I'd go with a guy in the starting role that is going to be personally impacted by the outcome. I dont think Willis will be doing but watching on the big plasma screen by postseason.

Archived