COWBOYS RT Marc Colombo to hit open market

gangreenman

Just read on Rotoworld that Cowboys RT Colombo is expected to hit the open market on friday.

I found this interesting because, for those that dont remember, the Jets pursued Colombo last year before having to settle with Anthony Clement. I had said in a previous post that if the Jets do land Faneca, they will probably go after a lesser priced FA that is still capable of starting. Well, Colombo just might be that guy.

I thought he signed a 2-yr deal with Dallas as well. Guess they're dumping salary & going for a rookie RG/RT (or they're ready to promote a backup) with the possibility of Davis sliding over to one of the tackle positions.

Seems like an odd move the same year they're letting Adams go AND possibly trading up for a rookie RB who hasn't exactly had a lot of experience picking up blitzes. Romo could be dead meat next yr.

He's not a FA. He's looking to restructure and the 'boys are refusing. He has one year left, but he's obviously not happy and looking for a long term deal. Injury concerns, but otherwise very interesting.

What kind of rinky-dink operation of a franchise refuses to renegotiate with their veteran offensive lineman one year into a new contract?

Archived