Profootballtalk.com: Jets want Jenkins.

nyjetsjetsjets

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember Steve Smith ripping him for being lazy and not studying his playbook... Mike Williams was a beast in college too wasn't he? no thanks

Jarrett is 6-5 200lbs Id be willing to take a chance on this kid. Change of scenery might do him good bring him back home to NJ.

Coles is gonna be a crybaby all year long if he stays here.I like LC but enough is enough.

Picks are maybes Vilma is a solid LB and can play in this league.

There's a reason why we're trading him, not because he can't play, but because he doesn't fit in our defensive scheme. Mangini is an idiot, we better get something good out of this or we're going to be on ESPN's Top 5 reasons you can't blame the Jets for trading Johnathan Vilma.

This guy is a future HOF.

There's a reason why we're trading him, not because he can't play, but because he doesn't fit in our defensive scheme. Mangini is an idiot, we better get something good out of this or we're going to be on ESPN's Top 5 reasons you can't blame the Jets for trading Johnathan Vilma.

This guy is a future HOF.

I dont like the 3-4 with the current players we have on the team.Manginis stubborness is only going to go so far. Hes an IDIOT until he gets players to play the 3-4 properly.

I dont like the 3-4 with the current players we have on the team.Manginis stubborness is only going to go so far. Hes an IDIOT until he gets players to play the 3-4 properly.

I agree with you for the first time I think. Lol

We had all the tools when he first singed, he just decided to change it which was idiotic.

pixel.gifpixel.gif

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports trade talks involving DT Kris Jenkins are "heating up" between the Jets and Panthers.

The three-way deal involving Dewayne Robertson, Domonique Foxworth, and Shaun Rogers probably won't go down. If the Jets can acquire Jenkins and keep Robertson, it'd be quite a coup. They'd have the AFC East's second most talented defensive line and remove a lot of stress from their secondary.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

pixel.gifpixel.gif

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports trade talks involving DT Kris Jenkins are "heating up" between the Jets and Panthers.

The three-way deal involving Dewayne Robertson, Domonique Foxworth, and Shaun Rogers probably won't go down. If the Jets can acquire Jenkins and keep Robertson, it'd be quite a coup. They'd have the AFC East's second most talented defensive line and remove a lot of stress from their secondary.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

If Vilma is going to either NO or Detroit how the hell are we getting Jenkins without trading D-Rob ?

Agree.

I still don't want D-Rob on this team.

Ya know,if there's no trade market for him, I'd just as soon keep him on and try him out as an end next to Jenkins. I wouldn't extend his deal or rework it, so we'd have to be sure we could afford to keep him at his hefty price. I would prefer to move him, but if there are no takers, it may be worth the 1 more year with him to see if he can handle the 34 end, platooning him with both Ellis and Coleman.

Worst case,he's as poor a fit there as he is at NT,and we get rid of him.

Best case,we've got a good/great 34 end still in his 20's and we resign him.

As I said, ideally there'll be a taker for him and we can move on, but I'm personally not as adamant about him not being on the team next year as I am about Pennington. His time with the Jets is over, there is no need to keep Chad on this team.

Jenkins has never played NT in a 3-4 defense.Can someone explain why we are persuing this guy.We couldnt retro-fit Vilma but Jenkins is not a question.

He plays the DT position that is most similar to the nose in the 4-3. He is big and powerfull enough to play NT.

Archived