If I'm Kerry Rhodes...

Columbia Jet Fan

And I see the money the Jets are throwing around, I am either...

1. Expecting a HUGE payday considering Im young and basically have been the best player on this team for the past two years and should have been a pro bowler twice...

or...

2. Insulted that I have been the best player for the past 2 years and should have been a pro bowler twice and the Jets havent given me a new contract....

Either way, Im not happy

EXTEND RHODES!!!

Kerry Rhodes is still under contract and we needed our focus on free agency.When the time is right he will be taken care of,I hope. We would have been complete fools to allow our focus to be on Rhodes and his extention while FA started and passed us by. With Faneca and Jenkins going somewhere else.

It's not only about re-signing Rhodes, it's about keeping him happy. He's played far better than his contract would indicate, he's a young guy, a leader on defense, doesn't cause problems for his coaches or teammates, doesn't have a big mouth. There's virtually nothing that isn't positive about Rhodes, and he will be a repeat pro-bowler if he continues his development as planned. Let's for once treat such a valuable player with respect, and earn his loyalty. Sign this beast for extreme money!

If they think Calvin Pace is worth $64 million, then Kerry Rhodes should become the first ever $100 million safety.

Pace got $42M.

Plus the franchise #'s for a LB'er are 50% more than for a safety. This year it's barely over $4M. Won't be that much higher next yr.

You should have written:

If Gibril Wilson got $39M then Kerry Rhodes...

Pace got $42M.

Plus the franchise #'s for a LB'er are 50% more than for a safety. This year it's barely over $4M. Won't be that much higher next yr.

You should have written:

Troll never learned mathmatics

They had to make sure they had Pouha all wrapped up as their first priority. Now that he is taken care of they can move on to Rhodes.

Pouha was taking the first deal the offered him, It's not like it's that hard to negotiate with a guy like that. It's a little bit harder negotiating with a guy who is young and one of the best players on your team and a safety. He's going to want the big bucks, but big bucks for a safety? Also how many years do you sign him too? what guaranteed money do you give him? He is a young guy and a great player but do you risk signing him to a long long term deal with the strong risk on injury. Also, he is a safety, safeties don't get megadeals. As sperm said the franchise number for safeties is pretty low.

Pace got $42M.

You should have written:

dont forget about pace getting that $20M signing bonus... they should Rhodes $20M just for being him because he is by far the most exciting player to waych on our defense

And I see the money the Jets are throwing around, I am either...

1. Expecting a HUGE payday considering Im young and basically have been the best player on this team for the past two years and should have been a pro bowler twice...

or...

2. Insulted that I have been the best player for the past 2 years and should have been a pro bowler twice and the Jets havent given me a new contract....

Either way, Im not happy

EXTEND RHODES!!!

According to his agent and the Jets, they have been throwing numbers around so it's not as if they are ignoring him. They have to find something both sides are comfortable with. And as far as anyone knows it could be Rhodes and his agent that is holding this up and waiting to see what other players are getting paid. My gut feeling is that they will get something done with him. He is a key part of the foundation of this team.

Pouha was taking the first deal the offered him, It's not like it's that hard to negotiate with a guy like that. It's a little bit harder negotiating with a guy who is young and one of the best players on your team and a safety. He's going to want the big bucks, but big bucks for a safety? Also how many years do you sign him too? what guaranteed money do you give him? He is a young guy and a great player but do you risk signing him to a long long term deal with the strong risk on injury. Also, he is a safety, safeties don't get megadeals. As sperm said the franchise number for safeties is pretty low.

Gibril Wilson just got 6 years 39 million with 16 guaranteed - you don't think that's a lot? Sounds like a mega-deal to me. Rhodes is better than him too.

Gibril Wilson just got 6 years 39 million with 16 guaranteed - you don't think that's a lot? Sounds like a mega-deal to me. Rhodes is better than him too.

That doesn't sound like a mega-deal to me. 6 years 60 million with 20 something guaranteed sounds like a mega-deal. I'm all for giving Kerry Rhodes 6 years 39 mill even though he only showed up the second half of last year.

Kerry Rhodes is still under contract and we needed our focus on free agency.When the time is right he will be taken care of,I hope. We would have been complete fools to allow our focus to be on Rhodes and his extention while FA started and passed us by. With Faneca and Jenkins going somewhere else.

change ur sig then talk :)

Pace got $42M.

You should have written:

$42 million over 6 years + $22 million signing bonus = $64 million.

They are going to have to be very careful with what they do with Rhodes..

He has off field interest that could make him more money then the Jets if he plays his cards right. He had several acting gigs last off season.

He finished the season having another good year, but didn't deserve to go to the Pro Bowl. Started off very slowly,

Wonder if his acting career had anything to do with the slow start.

My guess is the FO already talked to Rhodes agent before or during Free Agnecy and he knows he will be taken care of. This is not a problem so lets stop looking for one.

Day 4 and it's still great to be a Jets fan this off season!! If they could only move Drob and then trade that #6 it would be perfect!!

Archived