Is D Mac really that good?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think it was an award he deserved?

not really but my point was a running Qb can get first downs, why not a passing RB?

by the way SEC football is by far the best, and DMC tore that league a new one for 3 years straight. This isn't Reggie Bush beating up on the Pac10. LSU, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, these teams fly around the field. DMC bitch slapped em all. He's a bonafide stud, the Jets would be lucky to have the chance to draft this player. and he's faster than mendenhall! this is a ridiculous conversation!

not really but my point was a running Qb can get first downs, why not a passing RB?

by the way SEC football is by far the best, and DMC tore that league a new one for 3 years straight. This isn't Reggie Bush beating up on the Pac10. LSU, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, these teams fly around the field. DMC bitch slapped em all. He's a bonafide stud, the Jets would be lucky to have the chance to draft this player. and he's faster than mendenhall! this is a ridiculous conversation!

**** it, I'm sold, Get tanny on the phone.

That's your argument? He tore up the SEC?

That's it?

unreal...

Right on. The SEC is BY FAR the toughest conferense in terms of defensive speed, talent and toughness. McFadden cant break tackles? I guess these doubters never seen his stiff arm, one of the best stiff arms in a long time from a college athlete.

When Vince Young dominated USC in the championship game, when he beat the best team in the nation with his talent, ability and his desire to win, I was then a believer. Vince Young may not be the best QB in the world but at the same time, there is no denying that he's a special athlete with alot of potential.

I have watched McFadden since his freshman year, Not his youtube highlights either, I would be pumped up just about every Saturday when it was time to watch the Razorbacks play with McFadden running all over opposing defenses (Believe me, college teams would also stack 8 in the box) I have been a believer in McFadden for a while now... But when he rushed for over 200 yards against LSU with 3 TD's I believe, I knew right then and there that he would be a special back for years to come.

As far as the Razorbacks and McFadden running a "Gimmick" stlye of Offense, thats crazy, no team is drafting McFadden to line up as the QB, but its silly to knock a player for gaining a good 30-40 yards once in a while from the QB position inorder to help the team win. It's not McFaddens fault that the coaching staff took note on the fact that he's a dynamic athlete with amazing speed, quickness and vision and actually tryed to do different things with McFadden inorder to outsmart the opposing players and coaches. And it worked. In 3 years as a Razorback, I can honestly count the # of times that McFadden ran the ball from under center, just because alot of people seen him run from the QB position with youtbue highlights, doesnt mean he's a "Gimmick" type of runningback, he's far from it.

SEC is the best conference in college football... He ripped LSU "national champs"

Ok. So did Beanie Wells. From the slow Big 10.

The SEC is the best overral. Lets not get it twisted however and think the SEC is dominating the NFL.

Look at the projected first round this year- the SEC is represented evenly.

The guys a stud.. how come you cant admit it?

He might turn out to be one- who knows. I just think he has a ton of bad habits and relies too much on his speed. He doesnt lower his pads at all running through the first line of defense- an absolute must in the NFL.

Watch some tapes of Mendenhall then some of McFadden. Mendenhall knows how to adjust his body in traffic, DMC is straight up the entire time running through enormous holes. Outrunning safeties after being untouched just doesnt impress me.

Weren't we also ridiculous for saying DRob wasn't a stud? Or that Herm Edwards wasn't a good coach?

So he's fast. Not THAT fast that he'll run away from everyone because of it. He runs a 4.3 40yd dash, not a 2.3.

I'm sure he'll be a good RB. Top-10 picks (particularly in or near the top-5) are stupid until their cap #'s get under control. This kid (or anyone we take at #6) is going to get almost a $50M contract. DRob got a $54M contract. D'Brick seems to have been the real bargain at only $37M.

He's also a moron. 4 kids with 4 mothers. You'd think after just one or two he'd have half a brain to put a rubber on. And with more money than he should know what to do with in a lifetime on the line, gets into an "altercation" before the draft.

I don't doubt that he's VERY talented. I only doubt that he's so good that any decision on our pick other than this one player is so stupid.

Despite the backpedaling and rationalizing after the fact regarding Bush, even draftnicks never had him any worse than the #3 best pick for all players. He's not even the #3 best RB from that class.

And if McFadden doesn't do great within 2 years, then the next "stud" RB prospect will get compared to McFadden in a similar light. Except then it'll be "He's got the whole package; McFadden did well making college defenders miss & running away from them, but that was college with a lot of gimmick plays & no matter how good the SEC opposition, they were still college defenses. THIS guy, [insert prospect name] is the TRUE real deal. The Jets making a move to get HIM is a NO-BRAINER."

The guys a stud.. how come you cant admit it?

he's a college stud...it doesn't always translate. Why are you so adimttly for him, and against Mendenhall/Stewart? Speed is the only difference, but those two make up for that in other ways.

I guarantee you Barry Sanders, Marshal Falk, Stephan Jackson, Curtis Martin would lose to DMC in a 40 yard dash, but you'd be a fool to take him over any of these guys. It's not all about speed amigo.

That's your argument? He tore up the SEC?

That's it?

unreal...

2-Time Heisman trophy Runner-Up, Thats simply amazing, keep in mind, he's only a Junior.

How long has the Razorbacks been a football team? A LOOONNNGGG Time. Gues what? He's the Razorbacks ALL TIME leader in total rushing yards. Keep in mind, He also broke the record with only 3 years of playing time.

McFadden is 2nd on the SEC ALL-TIME Career rushing list with 4,590 yards? Thats amazing, he's #2 ALL TIME as the SEC's leading rusher, WITHOUT his senior year. Two SEC greats come to mind, Emmitt Smith and Herschel walker... Lets not forget Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown. The funny thing is, I can keep on going.

Lets not forget that Felix Jones took ALOT of carrys away from McFadden.

So to answer your question... "Thats it", nope, that Wasnt it...

But those #'2 that McFadden put up are "Unreal"

Ask MEf "Thats it" and I can show you some more.

Lets not forget that College athletes are getting bigger, quicker, stronger, faster, tougher with every passing year. Put DMC in the SEC 15 years ago, 10 years ago, and watch what he would have done.

2-Time Heisman trophy Runner-Up, Thats simply amazing, keep in mind, he's only a Junior.

How long has the Razorbacks been a football team? A LOOONNNGGG Time. Gues what? He's the Razorbacks ALL TIME leader in total rushing yards. Keep in mind, He also broke the record with only 3 years of playing time.

McFadden is 2nd on the SEC ALL-TIME Career rushing list with 4,590 yards? Thats amazing, he's #2 ALL TIME as the SEC's leading rusher, WITHOUT his senior year. Two SEC greats come to mind, Emmitt Smith and Herschel walker... Lets not forget Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown. The funny thing is, I can keep on going.

I can only imagine the hype Tebow is going to have next year then.

The "he tore up the SEC" argument just doesnt work. Sorry. Youre not disputing any of the numerous concerns I have about his running style.

I'm pretty sure Tampa would like to have that Cadillac Williams pick back. And in 3 years, Ronnie Brown has more injuries than good HALF-seasons.

he's a college stud...it doesn't always translate. Why are you so adimttly for him, and against Mendenhall/Stewart? Speed is the only difference, but those two make up for that in other ways.

I guarantee you Barry Sanders, Marshal Falk, Stephan Jackson, Curtis Martin would lose to DMC in a 40 yard dash, but you'd be a fool to take him over any of these guys. It's not all about speed amigo.

hes the total package...Speed, good reciever... great vision... there are people that get paid top watch him everyday that have more experience then me you and this whole board combined...they all are very high on him... that says alot..

Is he an idiot with all these baby momma's yeah.. he wil be paying a **** load of child support for all those kids..and having sex with him just made these teen girls win the lottery...lol basically.. remember it goes by your salary...

But its time we have our won stud running back or face of the ny jets.. we have no idenity... when you think of any team in the league you cant identify with a player..

Pats tom brady randy moss

Bills Marshawn Lych

Miami Jason Taylor

Bengals Chad Johnson carson Palmer

Vikings Adrian Peterson

Chargers LT

Raiders Jamarcus Russell

Cheifs Larry Johnson Dwayne Bowe

Packers Brett Favre

And so on..and so on..

Look..ya guys said he will be good but not on the jets.. cause of our line.. we we fixed that...

WHATS THE EXCUSE NOW?? Some just dont like him..or wanting to seem real smart and not pick the obvious choice... Thats what its all about..

I'm pretty sure Tampa would like to have that Cadillac Williams pick back. And in 3 years, Ronnie Brown has more injuries than good HALF-seasons.

Ronnie Brown is awesome... he was tearing it up before he got hurt this year..

hes the total package...Speed, good reciever... great vision... there are people that get paid top watch him everyday that have more experience then me you and this whole board combined...they all are very high on him... that says alot..

Is he an idiot with all these baby momma's yeah.. he wil be paying a **** load of child support for all those kids..and having sex with him just made these teen girls win the lottery...lol basically.. remember it goes by your salary...

But its time we have our won stud running back or face of the ny jets.. we have no idenity... when you think of any team in the league you cant identify with a player..

Bills Marshawn Lych

Miami Jason Taylor

Vikings Adrian Peterson

Chargers LT

Raiders Jamarcus Russell

Packers Brett Favre

And so on..and so on..

Look..ya guys said he will be good but not on the jets.. cause of our line.. we we fixed that...

WHATS THE EXCUSE NOW?? Some just dont like him..or wanting to seem real smart and not pick the obvious choice... Thats what its all about..

Having a poster-boy for the team doesn't lead to wins & is not one of your better arguments. Are you related to him or something? I never saw anyone go so crazy over one college player. I mean, except for the way people fawned over Reggie Bush. But that was different; he was the best prospect since Barry Sanders.

Why are you so adimttly for him, and against Mendenhall/Stewart? Speed is the only difference.

No, Mendenhall/Stewart has never been a Two Time Heisman trophy runner up, and thats not the only difference.

Mendenhall/Stewart has never broke thier own schools rushing records, No, thats not the only difference.

Mendenhall/Stewart have never finished #2 in ther respected confrence as the #2 ALL TIME LEADING RUSHER in only 3 years, while splitting carrys with another back (Felix Jones) And no, thats not the only difference.

Mendenhall/Stewart are no where near the athlete that McFadden is. McFadden is going to be the #1 RB drafted for a reason. Sorry, thats just how I see it.

No, Mendenhall/Stewart has never been a Two Time Heisman trophy runner up, and thats not the only difference.

Mendenhall/Stewart has never broke thier own schools rushing records, No, thats not the only difference.

Mendenhall/Stewart have never finished #2 in ther respected confrence as the #2 ALL TIME LEADING RUSHER in only 3 years, while splitting carrys with another back (Felix Jones) And no, thats not the only difference.

Mendenhall/Stewart are no where near the athlete that McFadden is. McFadden is going to be the #1 RB drafted for a reason. Sorry, thats just how I see it.

Once upon a time, Ricky Williams....

Bills Marshawn Lych

Miami Jason Taylor

Vikings Adrian Peterson

Chargers LT

Raiders Jamarcus Russell

Packers Brett Favre

And so on..and so on..

This is honestly one of the dumbest arguments for drafting someone I've ever seen. A face of the franchise is not neccessary to win at all and considering you didn't even put up the superbowl winners as having one proves this.

Secondly how can you claim Dwayne Bowe, Marshawn Lynch and Jamarcus Russel as franchise idenitys, they have played one season and most people won't know who they are. Lots of people might know Jamarcus Russel since he was the #1 pick but he started 1 game and played in 4. Wow that helped the raiders out a ton.

This argument may work from a business standpoint to sell jerseys but is completely irrelevant otherwise so unless you actually profit from Jets jersey sales I have no clue how this argument makes sense at all.

Your a smart man and one hell of a poster, but One players injury has nothing to do with another prospects draft status. Ronnie Brown and Williams were great rookie runningbacks coming out of college, if not for the injurys, just think of what they could be doing as of right now. McFadden may NEVER have those injurys. ANY PLAYER on any play can get injured, even LT.

I guess i'm really not interested in what fans on a message board, most of whom, i will never meet think of my smarts, or lack there of. So no, it's not about me looking smart if he flops.

My concerns are the exact same as Matt39's. Running style, ability to lose defenders in space, lowering his pads, pass protection. We know he is fast, but so is Michael Bennett, and he has never sniffed a rushing crown in the NFL, yet he was a potential Heisman winner and was a first round pick.

To me, he bares more resemblance to Bennett, Leon Washington, Ryan Grant, or Maurice Morris. All are good burners and some are very good running backs, but none are worth a 1st round pick, let alone top 10.

The "he tore up the SEC" argument just doesnt work. Sorry. Youre not disputing any of the numerous concerns I have about his running style.

2-Time Heisman trophy Runner-Up in three years.

Razorbacks all time leaging rusher in just three years.

2nd on the SEC ALL-TIME Career rushing list with 4,590 yards in just three years.

Thats all I gotta say but at the same time, I know the doubters will doubt, thats the funny thing.

"He cant break tackles" Have you ever seen his stiff arm?

He has "Toothpick" legs, So when was DMC a Jerome Bettis or Mike Alstott type of back?

How many times have those "Toothpick" Legs been broke or injured since about 12 or 13 years of age? Can you answer that?

You know how many GREAT runningbacks have came out of the SEC?

2-Time Heisman trophy Runner-Up in three years.

Razorbacks all time leaging rusher in just three years.

2nd on the SEC ALL-TIME Career rushing list with 4,590 yards in just three years.

Thats all I gotta say but at the same time, I know the doubters will doubt, thats the funny thing.

"He cant break tackles" Have you ever seen his stiff arm?

He has "Toothpick" legs, So when was DMC a Jerome Bettis or Mike Alstott type of back?

How many times have those "Toothpick" Legs been broke or injured since about 12 or 13 years of age? Can you answer that?

You know how many GREAT runningbacks have came out of the SEC?

The legs argument isn't because of fear of injuries. It's that the second he gets touched he falls down and can't fight for extra yardage. He won't be able to use strength to get the extra yards after first contact. Secondly no I've never seen his stiff arm cause every run of his and highlight tape I have ever seen of him involves him just running by people using no moves, it isn't impressive. Also he may have been fast at the combine but he's nowhere near that fast with pads on. Ali Highsmith who ran a 4.6 something at the combine caught up to him on a straighaway this season.

Also who cares about Heismans, since when has that translated to NFL success?

To me, he bares more resemblance to Bennett, Leon Washington, Ryan Grant, or Maurice Morris. .

Leon Washington? Im a HUGE FSU fan, are you insane? Leon Washington is a Dunn, Kevin Faulk back if anything.

Ryan Grant? Dude, your starting to look stupid, just stop bro, just stop...

Bennett? WOOOWWWW, just wow bro.

What does that have to do with anything?

I asked you... Do you know how many great running backs have came out of the SEC?

And you ask me... "What does that have to do with anything"? lol

He's the SEC's #2 all time leading rusher in only 3 years of play. Thats what it has to do with it. The SEC's #2 All time leading rusher, yep, he must be GARBAGE, a BUST if I ever seen one:yawn:

Leon Washington? Im a HUGE FSU fan, are you insane? Leon Washington is a Dunn, Kevin Faulk back if anything.

Ryan Grant? Dude, your starting to look stupid, just stop bro, just stop...

Bennett? WOOOWWWW, just wow bro.

Saying I'm stupid and 'wow' a few times doesn't really help your cause. I listed 4 running backs that are all very fast, and get forward quickly. I don't see any difference between them and DMC.

The thing they also have in common with DMC is they are average NFL talent...some below average some above average...but none of them are worth the price someone will pay for "DMC the impregnator".

I asked you... Do you know how many great running backs have came out of the SEC?

And you ask me... "What does that have to do with anything"? lol

He's the SEC's #2 all time leading rusher in only 3 years of play. Thats what it has to do with it. The SEC's #2 All time leading rusher, yep, he must be GARBAGE, a BUST if I ever seen one:yawn:

Well, if you knew how I look at college prospects- I dont take conference really into consideration.

Im not talking about the Joe FLaccos of the world either.

A guy like Ray RIce- who played in the Big Least- I think is going to be a very solid pro.

Archived