OK,what if....?

MSGold12

We argued this on the JA board the other day. What if both Longs, DMC, and Gholston all go in the top 5 and we cannot trade out of the 6 spot. This is a REAL possibility if ATL decides to look for a QB in rd 2 instead and the way Gholston has been working out.

Who do we take then?

My arguement...Matt Ryan.

I still like Clemens potential but wiht our QB situation as it is, how can we possibly (if the team rates him as such) pass on a franchise QB in favor of a) eihter of two DTs who are not built to play the 3-4 and are DRob clones B) a CB after we already drafted a shut down CB last year (and none of this years CBs rate as highly as Revis) or c) a reach pick at WR.

To me if the jets feel Ryan has the upside to be better then Chad or Clem, and can be a franchise type QB, then IMO it wuld be crazy to pass on him.

And, between the rumors of ATL liking Henne in the 2nd and Al davis love for the "splash pick", I can see the top 5 picks going C Long, J Long, Gholston, DMC, Dorsey.

Moving forward, I sincerely hope I never have to hear the "you shuld NEVER root for your team to lose" crap again. Yeah, that win v KC in week 17 has REALLY helped us out now hasnt it!!!! :Nuts:

We argued this on the JA board the other day. What if both Longs, DMC, and Gholston all go in the top 5 and we cannot trade out of the 6 spot. This is a REAL possibility if ATL decides to look for a QB in rd 2 instead and the way Gholston has been working out.

Who do we take then?

I still like Clemens potential but wiht our QB situation as it is, how can we possibly (if the team rates him as such) pass on a franchise QB in favor of a) eihter of two DTs who are not built to play the 3-4 and are DRob clones B) a CB after we already drafted a shut down CB last year (and none of this years CBs rate as highly as Revis) or c) a reach pick at WR.

To me if the jets feel Ryan has the upside to be better then Chad or Clem, and can be a franchise type QB, then IMO it wuld be crazy to pass on him.

And, between the rumors of ATL liking Henne in the 2nd and Al davis love for the "splash pick", I can see the top 5 picks going C Long, J Long, Gholston, DMC, Dorsey.

Moving forward, I sincerely hope I never have to hear the "you shuld NEVER root for your team to lose" crap again. Yeah, that win v KC in week 17 has REALLY helped us out now hasnt it!!!! :Nuts:

I don't expect to see Chad here anyway and we will need another QB...Ryan would be fine IMO-I'd like to see some video on him MSG

Who do we take then?

No matter what, I take the win over Herm.

If I have to take someone at #6 then I take the best CB (McKelvin, Jenkins, Talib or Cromartie, dunno which). I consider CB to be a position of serious need. Why not have a great CB on Moss and another one on Welker?

Hopefully, given your scenario there is trade interest for Ryan or Ellis.

the jets spent bit in FA to lay the foundation for a run at the afc in the next 1-3 years. the problem with picking ryan is that he will get 20M signing bonus and won't be ready to play until 09 and he won't play well (if ever) until 2010 or 2011.

if the draft plays out as you suggest and the jets can't move down, i would look for the jets to take either the highest rated CB on their board or sedrick ellis to play 3-4 DE and replace sean ellis in 09.

About the never rooting for your team to lose thing -- I still agree with that. Mangini didn't lose to Herm. He is not tainted with mediocrity. Had he lost that game, Mangini himself would be a lost cause.

About the never rooting for your team to lose thing -- I still agree with that. Mangini didn't lose to Herm. He is not tainted with mediocrity. Had he lost that game, Mangini himself would be a lost cause.

I wanted that game-I wanted EVERY game-I wouldn't trade that win for any college kid-sorry

F-That win against Herm

I'd love to be holding #3 right now

3-13

4-14 Who cares

I know the F/A don't give a **** as long as they're getting their CA$H

And in 5 years when we look back at the busts that were taken in the top 5 we will be glad they won that game.

I am a fan. I root for my team to win. I couldn't throw a game of checkers, I just want to win even if they are 3 and 12 going into the last game.

this draft is the perfect reason to have the best record possible going in. There is not one person that is worth the #1 pick in terms of money, nor 2, 3, 4, or 5. We are sitting at 6 and will still be overpaying for whatever player falls.

There are plenty of good players, just no great ones...I'd be happier if we were picking in the 10 to 15 range, at least then we could grab a talent like B. Albert and not be reaching, or any of the CB's at a good price.

And in 5 years when we look back at the busts that were taken in the top 5 we will be glad they won that game.

I am a fan. I root for my team to win. I couldn't throw a game of checkers, I just want to win even if they are 3 and 12 going into the last game.

Ditto!!!:shake:

Last year, when the Jets traded up, I wanted them to take Brady Quinn, and I did not even like Quinn as a prospect.

I would be on board with this, for the same reason I wanted them to draft Quinn. Although, I do not like Matt Ryan very much, anything that signals the end of Chad Pennington's reign of terror on this franchise is fine with me. I may not like Ryan, but I can't say for sure that he will never be able to lead a team to the Super Bowl. With Pennington, I can say that definitively.

F-That win against Herm

I'd love to be holding #3 right now

3-13

4-14 Who cares

I know the F/A don't give a **** as long as they're getting their CA$H

4-14, when did they start playing 18 game schedules

**** the #3 pick. you wanna pay that kind of money for a guy who could be a bust. Go be a fan of the Lions if you like to lose

Alright it got me thinking about when Jimmy Johnson drafted Steve Walsh. Now it was a blunder because Dallas sucks that year and it ends up costing the Boys a #1 pick but Johnson ends up parlaying that in to some high draft picks from the Saints (No. 1 and No. 3 choices in 1991 and a No. 2 selection in 1992). At the same time it creates a little, not much but a little competition for Aikman and the rest is history. I'm not saying Clemens or Ryan is Aikman but I've seen far worse.

Archived