Idol Hot and Cold List

afosomf

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't go that far, but the fact that Brooke, Jason, and Kristy Lee are still here and he is not just blows my mind.

2 people will now slip into top4 that do not belong (in red)

top4

Cook

Dave A

Jason

Brook

I think Irish Tat should be in final 4 as well as Aussie, tat does not have the

fan base to carry her. She also sings with Anger in her eyes.

i was totally bummmed last night.

i cant believe that kristy lee is still in it. what a waste. :mad0222:

haha,,yup,,she is actually Top 3 now,,she along with david a and jason were only 3 that were mathmatically safe last nite,,she has grabbed all of manadas votes and is now the redneck favorite,,haha

http://dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp

As the number of contestants get reduced the less its about talent and the more its about demographics and popularity..

how do you explain Taylor Hicks winning?????

I understand the popularity aspect, when all is said and done it will be

to Cook's interest not to win it

Dave A is a lock to win it!!!!

yup,,i read somehwre that 90% of voters are under 14,,and 80% are young girls..

i am subbing this week.. middle school .. age 11-14 and they all think david A. is dreamy and MJ was too old. same with brooke and carly..

how do you explain Taylor Hicks winning?????

I understand the popularity aspect, when all is said and done it will be

to Cook's interest not to win it

Dave A is a lock to win it!!!!

country hicks make up a HUGE voting block...

quite afew country type artists have gone pretty far,,easiest way to win or get in top3 IMHO

yup,,i read somehwre that 90% of voters are under 14,,and 80% are young girls..

If my 13 1/2 year old nephew and 11 1/2 year old niece are any indication, that would be correct. My nephew would prefer playing computer games, IM'ing his female friends or talking about girls with his pals. He thinks watching Idol is "ghey" - my brothers influence runs deep. Poor kid. My niece watches the show with her Mom and they argue about who is cute, who sang well, etc. Of course, my niece thinks DA is cute because everyone else does. My niece has a cell phone. She calls in her vote. My nephew would rather pour acid on his eyes than watch the show - let alone vote.

If my 13 1/2 year old nephew and 11 1/2 year old niece are any indication, that would be correct. My nephew would prefer playing computer games, IM'ing his female friends or talking about girls with his pals. He thinks watching Idol is "ghey" - my brothers influence runs deep. Poor kid. My niece watches the show with her Mom and they argue about who is cute, who sang well, etc. Of course, my niece thinks DA is cute because everyone else does. My niece has a cell phone. She calls in her vote. My nephew would rather pour acid on his eyes than watch the show - let alone vote.

dont tell assmop its GHEY to vote,,he is a regular dialer ;)

i wouldn't call Hicks country, he was into doobies type songs

Well, he did do that duet with Michael McDonald on his album last year...

That being said, lets look at the winners & where they are today:

Season 1: Kelly Clarkson - THE SUCCESS STORY - Still doing quite well worldwide but because her demographics in the us are now in an older generation (25-35), she is no longer considered a top runner but still in the top 10 female performers.

Season 2: Rubin Studdard - Could not translate the "Velvet Teddy Bear" into mainstreme & recently came out with a GOSPEL album that has done well - Probably will become the next "WINANS" for RCA Records.

Season 3: Fantasia Barrino - Started off strong (was the 1st artist in the history of billboard to reach #1 for their 1st single - outdoing even the Beatles). However, her 1st album only reached #3 & the second could not get out of the top 60. Has been performing recently on Broadway.

Season 4: Carrie Underwood - THE ONLY OTHER SUCCESS STORY - Right out the gate many did not believe that an IDOL having a county album for their 1st album would have been successful - QUITE THE CONTRARY - Carrie's 1st album has gone 5 times Platinum, her second is about to beat that. She became one of the very few new artists to win the CMA for best female vocalist - Beating out Faith Hill. She will be around for quite some time.

Season 5: Taylor Hicks - Though starting out strongly with the single "Do I make you proud" staying at #1 on the billboard charts the 1st 7 weeks of release, he didn't repeat that with the remake of the Doobie Brothers hit "Takin' it to the streets" even with Michael McDonald in the duet. Recently, he was dropped by both RCA & 19 Entertainment.

So it looks like if 19 Entertainment & RCA are looking for a better success story, they need to hope that the Final 3 goes as follows:

Archuletta, Cook & Smithson.

David A. can be comercial - to the younger demographic.

However, he stands a better change of survial if 19 Entertainment puts him into Christian music. He's too BROADWAY (the reason he could not get a contract after winning star search in 2003).

David C. will be the next Daughtry - He stand a better change of a long term performer if he looses Idol - has the streingth in both voice & acoustics to become a threat.

Carly Smithson - possibly the dark horse of this race has the talent but lacks the will to change for the better of the demographic and who can blame her! She should have been quite successful when she had a contract with MCA-Universal back when she was Carly Hennessy. Only if they had just let her develop - like RCA did Christina Aguilera - instead of pushing her into trying to be the next teen sensation. If she makes the top 3 - 19 Entertainment & RCA will be able to develop her correctly - that's if the demographics do not do her in!

As for Michael Johns, his loss so early may be a blessing in disguise - all of the top 10 had to sign contracts with 19 enterainment - don't be surprised that a few months after the Idol winner releases their album - He releases his!

Season 1: Kelly Clarkson - THE SUCCESS STORY - Still doing quite well worldwide but because her demographics in the us are now in an older generation (25-35), she is no longer considered a top runner but still in the top 10 female performers.

Season 2: Rubin Studdard - Could not translate the "Velvet Teddy Bear" into mainstreme & recently came out with a GOSPEL album that has done well - Probably will become the next "WINANS" for RCA Records.

Season 3: Fantasia Barrino - Started off strong (was the 1st artist in the history of billboard to reach #1 for their 1st single - outdoing even the Beatles). However, her 1st album only reached #3 & the second could not get out of the top 60. Has been performing recently on Broadway.

Season 4: Carrie Underwood - THE ONLY OTHER SUCCESS STORY - Right out the gate many did not believe that an IDOL having a county album for their 1st album would have been successful - QUITE THE CONTRARY - Carrie's 1st album has gone 5 times Platinum, her second is about to beat that. She became one of the very few new artists to win the CMA for best female vocalist - Beating out Faith Hill. She will be around for quite some time.

Season 5: Taylor Hicks - Though starting out strongly with the single "Do I make you proud" staying at #1 on the billboard charts the 1st 7 weeks of release, he didn't repeat that with the remake of the Doobie Brothers hit "Takin' it to the streets" even with Michael McDonald in the duet. Recently, he was dropped by both RCA & 19 Entertainment.

So it looks like if 19 Entertainment & RCA are looking for a better success story, they need to hope that the Final 3 goes as follows:

However, he stands a better change of survial if 19 Entertainment puts him into Christian music. He's too BROADWAY (the reason he could not get a contract after winning star search in 2003).

David C. will be the next Daughtry - He stand a better change of a long term performer if he looses Idol - has the streingth in both voice & acoustics to become a threat.

Carly Smithson - possibly the dark horse of this race has the talent but lacks the will to change for the better of the demographic and who can blame her! She should have been quite successful when she had a contract with MCA-Universal back when she was Carly Hennessy. Only if they had just let her develop - like RCA did Christina Aguilera - instead of pushing her into trying to be the next teen sensation. If she makes the top 3 - 19 Entertainment & RCA will be able to develop her correctly - that's if the demographics do not do her in!

As for Michael Johns, his loss so early may be a blessing in disguise - all of the top 10 had to sign contracts with 19 enterainment - don't be surprised that a few months after the Idol winner releases their album - He releases his!

i do not believe Irish Tat has fanbase to carry her into final 3

I think you are underrating Jason Castro. I think he is a dark horse in this whole thing. Carly isn't good enough to make the top 3 nor do I think she will have the fan base to make it. David A will be nothing more than Clay Aiken (sp?). He will come out with a x mas albumn and mom's across america might buy it - but that's it. Michael Johns is talented and will make it anyway.

If a song has more than 12 beats per minute then David A sounds like absolute garbage singing it. He's either going to get called out for doing a majority of ballads or voted off because he'll have to do a couple weeks in a row of more up tempo songs. He, to me, is the most boring of all the singers. His voice get too breathy at times and he has no stage charisma whatsoever. David Cook should win it IMO. I'm not that shocked that Johns was voted off. He's not very original at all. I see tons of guys like him performing in bar bands all the time.

Bottom three for me this week: Carly, Brooke, Kristy Lee. The other four should be the final four, with Jason maybe being supplanted by Carly. Overall it was a pretty good night. And Mariah looked as smokin' as ever.

I watched it last night & I agree. mariah did look smokin. david cook is head & shoulders above the rest

Bottom three for me this week: Carly, Brooke, Kristy Lee. The other four should be the final four, with Jason maybe being supplanted by Carly. Overall it was a pretty good night. And Mariah looked as smokin' as ever.

I watched it last night & I agree. mariah did look smokin. david cook is head & shoulders above the rest
Same bottom 3 for me too.

Concur with bottom 3

irish tat goes home

Cook is the best but will not win it

not sure if it'll matter in the long run for him. It seems a no brainer that he'll outshine em all down the road. He seems to be this years daughtery

david A victory wil be further proof the show can produce good talent but kids vote for kids

not sure if it'll matter in the long run for him. It seems a no brainer that he'll outshine em all down the road. He seems to be this years daughtery

david A victory wil be further proof the show can produce good talent but kids vote for kids

It's in Cook's best interests to lose...

so by week 3 or 4, i predict he sings poorly and gets the hell out of dodge.

getting tied to IDol Contract will reduce his future earnings. The sooner he

can get out of Country Fair Tour the better. He will make Mega Millions.

He made that Carey song, listenable for me. Not a big fan of Carey and i

thought last note was pretty boring.

dialidol has two david's , jason and Kristy mathmatically safe this week,,

guaranteed bottom 3 are carly/sayesha and brooke..to close mathwise to say who walks,,but that is guaranteed final 3 tonite

http://dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp

How Kristy is safe this week is beyond me. She should have been gone a month ago. If Syesha goes home and that girl is safe, I will lose it. Syesha is head and shoulders above Kristy Lee and Brooke and neither of them have range.

Archived