Dangelo Hall heading to Oakland for a 2nd rounder....

NOExcusesNYJ

He's incredibly overated and isn't anywhere near the level of Nnamdi opposite him. However he is worth a 2nd, as much he gets beat, he at least makes plays. Something Oakland could use.

I think the Raiders will be a very underated team next year, I wouldn't be surprised if they shock a lot of teams.

That 2nd rnd pick could very well wind up being the Falcons QB of the future. Flacco maybe.

he is NOT over-rated and will thrive in Oakland

Asomougha & Hall together in the secondary? As much as I dislike Hall as a Number 1, he is going to be a solid, very good Number 2 in Oakland. Fabian Washington as the Nickel? The Raiders may have the best 1-3 Corner's in the league.

Asomougha & Hall together in the secondary? As much as I dislike Hall as a Number 1, he is going to be a solid, very good Number 2 in Oakland. Fabian Washington as the Nickel? The Raiders may have the best 1-3 Corner's in the league.

now if they get a solid pass rush, they'll get that much better, and the Raiders D, will be very tough

Giving up a high second round pick, basically a first, for an over-rated crybaby CB that will now demand to paid as if he is the best CB in football is NOT a steal.

Has anyone watched a Super Bowl since Tampa/Oakland? CBs don't win championships.

I think Russell will be a good one TBH, his physical talent is off the charts.

He's just as unproven, yes. But he was a 1st overall pick for a reason. KC was a 2nd rounder for a reason.

#1 David Carr

#1 Tim Couch

#1 Alex Smith

#168 Marc Bulger

#187 Matt Hasselbeck

#199 Tom Brady

He was only pointing out #1 picks. There have been great ones, obviously, like in that '83 draft with Elway.

But draft status does not dictate performance, even at QB.

I just like to bring that up as often as I can, I realize draft position means nothing with QB's probably more then any other position. It's all hit or miss.

Some #1 overalls obviously work out Eli worked out for the Giants, Palmer has been good in Cinci and Vick ran arguably most successful dog fighting Kennels in Virginia.

He was only pointing out #1 picks. There have been great ones, obviously, like in that '83 draft with Elway.

I know, I understand that.

But he is expected to be better than KC because of that pick. Those QB's you listed were terrible busts and I accept that could happen to Russell. (Although I stand by that Couch could have been something had Cleveland not have destroyed the guy).

Like I said I liked Russell even when he was playing in LSU and always thought he could be a great QB at the next level. I didn't watch CFB when Clemens was playing so that also gives him a slight disadvantage inmy opinion of the two.

I know, I understand that.

But he is expected to be better than KC because of that pick. Those QB's you listed were terrible busts and I accept that could happen to Russell. (Although I stand by that Couch could have been something had Cleveland not have destroyed the guy).

Like I said I liked Russell even when he was playing in LSU and always thought he could be a great QB at the next level. I didn't watch CFB when Clemens was playing so that also gives him a slight disadvantage inmy opinion of the two.

High picks are frequently filled by need as well. And not merely need, but need by a team who picks that high. No one would have been THAT blown away in shock if Aaron Rodgers was taken ahead of Alex Smith in the top 5 or even #1. Meanwhile he almost slipped to round 2. Doesn't make him a worse prospect than if someone pulled the trigger on him earlier.

Look at Brody Croyle. Is he only not an elite prospect because teams passed on him? If Oakland had decided they liked him better - OAKLAND - was he therefore a more talented player?

Sometimes it's a matter of circumstance. If Kellen doesn't get injured, and if he came out in the prior year with Smith & Rodgers, I doubt he slips to round 2. It took three (thought to be) premiere QB prospects to also come out in the same year PLUS that draft being so deep that allowed him to even slip down as far as he did. But if he was taken earlier because ONE team liked him, does that make him a better prospect than he actually was? No.

You're placing too much weight on a player's talent as to whether or not this scout or that GM likes him better. And though they generally have a pretty good handle on who's more talented & less talented, they miss far too often to accept even their consensus opinions as gospel.

No it doesn't but there is a reason why Russell was picked #1 overrall.

And there's a reason Brodie Croyle slipped as far as he did. He blows.

Atlanta will not go after Ryan now that they have the extra draft picks IMO.

Either Brohm or Flacco IMO will be available by the time Atlanta gets their 2nd pick, they would prefer Dorsey/Ellis + Flacco/Brohm over Ryan + other 2nd round pick.

Also considering their other main need apart from QB is DT (Think they only have 2 on their roster, and one has never played) they could end up in a situation where they fill both needs with Great potential.

Matt Ryan isn't that much of a better prospect than the other QB's in this draft, on the other hand Dorsey + Ellis are much, much better than any of the 2nd round DT's that are out there.

If the situation arises so that the players gone are C. Long, J. Long, Dorsey/Ellis, Gholston and McFadden then we really would have an interesting scenario.

Personally, these would be my options in order of preference:

1. Trade down, aqquire more picks (Unlikely option though, will be tough to find a suiter)

2. Draft Leodis McKelvin, CB out of Troy

3. Draft Matt Ryan and start over at the QB position

I listed more than you did. And I didn't even have to put Russell on there.

So other than QB's with "Manning" for a last name, it seems I should expect #1-pick QB's to be busts because scouts & GM's don't know nearly as much as they profess.

wasn't Elway a #1? i just didn't feel like going past my lifetime because I got into football in 1996.

although i remember watching certain players before then and superbowl matchups (the bills were a joke in my household)

Guys this is entirely possible that it is in response to the fact that Asomugah has not signed his franchise tender now. I doubt even AL Davis is dumb enough to be paying 2 CBs over 8 mil a year which he will end up doing if he gets Hall. The Raiders could easily just let Asomugah walk now by recinding the franchise tender and he can hit the free agent market.

Guys this is entirely possible that it is in response to the fact that Asomugah has not signed his franchise tender now. I doubt even AL Davis is dumb enough to be paying 2 CBs over 8 mil a year which he will end up doing if he gets Hall. The Raiders could easily just let Asomugah walk now by recinding the franchise tender and he can hit the free agent market.

He would be better off signing it playing out the year for the 10 million, then hit free agency next year at this point.

Smooth move by Al if thats the case. :roll:

Nnamdi > Hall, anyday. Same old Raiders if what you say indeed does happen.

Archived