Yanks offer for Burnett laughable

TomShane

I don't have the link because it's a subscriber only deal, but some dude posted this offering from Jayson Stark on another board:

"The Red Sox (offering a package headed by Bronson Arroyo), Blue Jays (Gustavo Chacin and bullpen arms) and Yankees (Carl Pavano, Felix Rodriguez and prospects) also have stepped up in recent days. But if no one outbids Baltimore before the end of the day, it appears Burnett will be an Oriole."

:lol: Apparently, they think that the Marlins are stupid. Pavano? FRod? Prospects? :lol::lol::lol:

Sticking point is that the Marlins are forcing whoever takes Burnett to take the steroid-free Mike Lowell too. What a bargain! Maybe if the Yanks get Lowell they can move ARod to SS and Jeter to CF. :lol:=D>=D>

I know I'm dreaming here, but I wish the Yanks could just lose the dead weight. Brown, Wright, Womack. Hell, even throw in Bubba Crosby. But reality is the money is tied up. Why give up on Pavano so early?

I know I'm dreaming here, but I wish the Yanks could just lose the dead weight. Brown, Wright, Womack. Hell, even throw in Bubba Crosby. But reality is the money is tied up. Why give up on Pavano so early?

Pavano willingly ducked the Red Sox this weekend. Said he was still hurt.

Pavano > Burnett

I wouldnt offer up Pavano and a top prospect for a guy who has thrown 200 innings just once and has big time injury concerns. In free agency I'd like Burnett, but not trading Duncan or Hughes for him.

And tell me how can you trade Pavano if he is on the DL? :shock:

Seriously, the Marlins are trying to trade Burnett because they don't want to pay him. So why on earth would they trade Burnett to the Yankees and take on Pavano's gigantic contract? That makes absolutely no sense.

Correct they just let Pavano walk last year.

ESPN had the Oriole game which actually featured some pitching :wink: and reported Burnett deal to Balt should be announced soon.

Archived