Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Favre will crash and burn in Tampa because they have a very average O-line. One decent WR who is almost as old as Favre and an average running attack.

I doubt he'll even make the playoffs with that team. Garcia made the O-line look better than it was with hos mobility, somehow I doubt Favre will do the same.

And no, it's not because I 'want the worse player'. I want the ****ing player that will commit to the team for more than a season, I want a player who actually has some kind of potential to lead this team to a championship, and I want a player will not set back the future of this franchise another 3-4 years.

Wow, that is some straight up pwnage right there!!

And no, it's not because I 'want the worse player'. I want the ****ing player that will commit to the team for more than a season, I want a player who actually has some kind of potential to lead this team to a championship, and I want a player will not set back the future of this franchise another 3-4 years.

Which explains why you like Chad Pennington so much.

oh wait....

They actually have three legit titles. I don't think the NFL considers madmike1 the Director of Legit Super Bowl titles. Until the NFL puts an asterisk next to their titles, I'm just chalkin' it up to some pathetic, jealous Jets fans.

I don't think anyone considers Madmike to be an authority on anything, actually :)

I had an interesting conversation with a Jets fan today and it really did help me understand the whole Favre mania thing.

He said that it's been a very long time since the Patriots have had a bad QB situation...that Scott Secules and Hugh Millen were a long time ago and I just don't understand - forgot actually - how frustrating it is. That I don't get the fervor a fan can feel regarding upgrading the weak-link of your team.

Made me think. He had a point. Tom Brady has erased those bad memories.

I guess it's a lot like the hole that Curtis Martin left behind when he bolted. How long did it take to replace him? I remember thinking it was found with Robert Edwards - only to have that come crashing down hard. Then Antowain Smith came to save the day - but really - he was no Cumart. Come to think of it - the Pats have never found another CuMart, have they? Which gives credence to the other thing he said - that every great team has a great qb. Period.

Funnily enough, You used to love him too. Then, one night, you obviously had a bad dream where he touched you in places you did not approve of.

Since then he's been Satan on earth.

That just shows I'm not biased against him and I see him for what he's been since 2005.

Back to the point: You dont want Favre for the same reasons that Jets fans dont want Pennington. You make a no a sense.

I don't think anyone considers Madmike to be an authority on anything, actually :)

I had an interesting conversation with a Jets fan today and it really did help me understand the whole Favre mania thing.

He said that it's been a very long time since the Patriots have had a bad QB situation...that Scott Secules and Hugh Millen were a long time ago and I just don't understand - forgot actually - how frustrating it is. That I don't get the fervor a fan can feel regarding upgrading the weak-link of your team.

I guess it's a lot like the hole that Curtis Martin left behind when he bolted. How long did it take to replace him? I remember thinking it was found with Robert Edwards - only to have that come crashing down hard. Then Antowain Smith came to save the day - but really - he was no Cumart. Come to think of it - the Pats have never found another CuMart, have they? Which gives credence to the other thing he said - that every great team has a great qb. Period.

Him and cheating.

this is the desperation of some outcast jetfans.

How is this desperation? You got me. I'm secretly hoping that Mangini is sitting in his office reading JetNation and sees my post. Then he's all like. "You know something? That Alk guy has a solid head on his shoulders. I think he's on to something. We're going to stop pursuit of Favre right this instance...after I eat another double bacon cheeseburger."

LOL @ completely wrecking the team. Give me a break. It's a 2 year plan. This year and next. It improves the team RIGHT AWAY.

right it's not like they are going to trade away a ton of draft picks, and it's not like kellen clemens is on the cusp of greatness.

if they get him and they don't win it all this year, they will spend a lot and draft to win it all the year after.

It's a lot harder when your QB doesn't throw to Randy Moss and doesn't have the defenses plays.

And Chad has SUCKED. You have no point.

Didn't you love Pennington before this season?

Anyways, Yes I do have a point and I've made it clear as day.

Favre has proven, over and ****ing over, that at this stage in his career he is not able to take a team to the Superbowl. He will **** the bed in the playoffs when he faces the elite D's, like he always does. Yes, he had a Superbowl season in 1996, WTF does that matter in 2008, 12 ****ing years later!!

If you seriously think that he'll beat up on Elite AFC defences like he did last season with the NFC and take this less talented Jets team to the Superbowl. Then you are insane.

My point, there is no other reason to sign a QB who is soon to be 39 unless you are sure he can get you to a SB. The only thing the Jets can be sure of is that he will not.

right it's not like they are going to trade away a ton of draft picks, and it's not like kellen clemens is on the cusp of greatness.

if they get him and they don't win it all this year, they will spend a lot and draft to win it all the year after.

They have to draft a QB anyway. This doesn't change that plan AT ALL. It just makes them a better team in the short run.

Favre has proven, over and ****ing over, that at this stage in his career he is not able to take a team to the Superbowl. He will **** the bed in the playoffs when he faces the elite D's, like he always does. Yes, he had a Superbowl season in 1996, WTF does that matter in 2008, 12 ****ing years later!!

If you seriously think that he'll beat up on Elite AFC defences like he did last season with the NFC and take this less talented Jets team to the Superbowl. Then you are insane.

My point, there is no other reason to sign a QB who is soon to be 39 unless you are sure he can get you to a SB. The only thing the Jets can be sure of is that he will not.

Then why sign ANY PLAYER? Did fancea make them a super bowl team? Did pace? WHY DO ANYTHING. Your argument sucks a fat one.

Then how was he a field goal away from doing EXACTLY THAT just last season?

Look what the guy did to Rogers. That kid has about -100% chance of becoming even an average NFL QB. He's been ruined by all of this Favre nonsense. On top of that, you have the young guys in Green Bay happy to have a new qb and you have the old veterans who are pi$$ed that he's getting shipped out. Yep, it'll all be rosey.

Look what the guy did to Rogers. That kid has about -100% chance of becoming even an average NFL QB. He's been ruined by all of this Favre nonsense. On top of that, you have the young guys in Green Bay happy to have a new qb and you have the old veterans who are pi$$ed that he's getting shipped out. Yep, it'll all be rosey.

The Jets ARE NOT in that situation AT ALL. If they had a good young QB like Aaron Rodgers NO ONE would be talking about Favre.

It's a lot harder when your QB doesn't throw to Randy Moss and doesn't have the defenses plays.

'gotta love Jets fans! Hold on to that spygate thing, if it makes you feel better. Seeing that every SB the Pats have won was spearheaded by their own defense...and......forget it, I'm talking to the challenged here...

I was thinking though - if Mangini pushes for, and gets, Favre....that is one ballsy move. Because, if Pizza-face fails to deliver with Gawd - I mean Favre-at the helm - he's screwed. If it stays as is - he has a built in excuse - with the fans anyway.

SOunds alot like Junior Seau's retirement;)

That just shows I'm not biased against him and I see him for what he's been since 2005.

Back to the point: You dont want Favre for the same reasons that Jets fans dont want Pennington. You make a no a sense.

Yes, it does.

That's what I'm saying. What's the point in trading for Favre, taking on his salary when Pennington could probably do the ****ing same. Playoff season and playoff exit.

Both QB's have proven that's what they tend to do. Unless one of the QB's in question is injured, which he may also tend to do.;-)

Seriously though, getting Favre would be pointless. He will not win this team a SB, Like Chad, he sucks vs The Good defences. Also, don't think I'm talking up Pennington as our QB of the future, he likely plays one season and we start searching elsewhere (Hopefully for someone a little bit further away from their 40th Birthday).

None of that matters anyway. If it does than the GB coaching staff is doing something wrong. If the players focus is on this nonsense rather than winning a job and winning games than that is on the coaching staff.

alk i love ya to death and i have no idea how old ya are. but i know you are a pats fan.

in all those years the pats were losing, if they had an opportunity to do something similar to this how would you react?

i know my dad, a huge pats fan, would have been excited about it

'gotta love Jets fans! Hold on to that spygate thing, if it makes you feel better. Seeing that every SB the Pats have won was spearheaded by their own defense...and......forget it, I'm talking to the challenged here...

I was thinking though - if Mangini pushes for, and gets, Favre....that is one ballsy move. Because, if Pizza-face fails to deliver with Gawd - I mean Favre-at the helm - he's screwed. If it stays as is - he has a built in excuse - with the fans anyway.

THe Patriots got caught cheating in those games.

Just sayin......

Yes, it does.

That's what I'm saying. What's the point in trading for Favre, taking on his salary when Pennington could probably do the ****ing same. Playoff season and playoff exit.

Both QB's have proven that's what they tend to do. Unless one of the QB's in question is injured, which he may also tend to do.;-)

Seriously though, getting Favre would be pointless. He will not win this team a SB, Like Chad, he sucks vs The Good defences. Also, don't think I'm talking up Pennington as our QB of the future, he likely plays one season and we start searching elsewhere (Hopefully for someone a little bit further away from their 40th Birthday).

Where the hell were you when they signed Jenkins Pace and Faneca? Those moves didn't make them a super bowl team. You should've been against them? RIGHT?

Then how was he a field goal away from doing EXACTLY THAT just last season?

So I guess you could say Chad Pennington is an AFC Championship game type QB? After all, he was only a kick away himself from taking the next step. Heck at least the Jets had some FG attempts, and Pennington didn't single handedly throw the damn game away.

Funny how when Chad is the QB in question it's all on him, yet you fail to recognise that Brett himself was the main reason that talented Packers team did not beat the Giants. Like I've said over and over, he completely **** the bed in the playoffs. He beat an average, overrated Seahawks team and everyone thinks he's God again. Truth is, he sucked vs Top Tier D's (Check Dallas game, Chicago game X2, Washington game, Philly game etc.) and sucked when it matters most. He was beyond awful in the NFC Championship game and you know it, it would only get worse vs the AFC Teams, who would eat him alive.

alk i love ya to death and i have no idea how old ya are. but i know you are a pats fan.

in all those years the pats were losing, if they had an opportunity to do something similar to this how would you react?

i know my dad, a huge pats fan, would have been excited about it

You can't even begin to compare the Jets QB situation now to the Patriots situation back then. Pennington is about a million times better than Hugh freakin' Millen. I can honestly say you guys are just fine with Pennington. You can' save the extra $12 million and the drama that way too. The Jets are finishing in 2nd. this season with or without Favre.

Right they kept the taping to only championship games and regular season games against the Jets.

Got it.

As of now, that's where it stands. Maybe once this Favre hooplah ends and ESPN gets bored they'll relaunch their investigation for you.

You can't even begin to compare the Jets QB situation now to the Patriots situation back then. Pennington is about a million times better than Hugh freakin' Millen. I can honestly say you guys are just fine with Pennington. You can' save the extra $12 million and the drama that way too. The Jets are finishing in 2nd. this season with or without Favre.

Brady could get hurt, moss could get hurt, the cameras could break... Nothing is set in stone in this league. There is NO REASON not to put the best team possible on the field.

Archived