Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Official Prediction: Favre will be a NY Jet by the end of today. :)

i agree, for the fact that it is taking this long and Tanenbaum has the higher offer. Tampa seems to not want to increase its compensation.

remember these are the same bucs that continued to screw with Jake plummer over 7 million that wasn't thiers that they only acquired through a trade. bunch of dicks.

i agree, for the fact that it is taking this long and Tanenbaum has the higher offer. Tampa seems to not want to increase its compensation.

remember these are the same bucs that continued to screw with Jake plummer over 7 million that wasn't thiers that they only acquired through a trade. bunch of dicks.

packers will take a lesser offer if close and deal him to bucs,,since brett wants bucs and not jets..

they owe him that much...

Wooooooooow! Now you want to let Chad go? Lol

When did I ever say I wanted Chad to start? He'll always will be a Jet IMO, but I don't wanna go into another season with him a starter. Personally I just rather start KC and see what we have with him, I don't want Favre either, I was just asking you what you think is fair.

My Official Prediction: Favre will be a NY Jet by the end of today. :)

I got work tonight and I'll tell you this, nothing will feel better than to come home and find out Favre is going to be a Jet.

Put some Vcash up fellas. He's going to Tampa!

Wait, didn't they trade for Jake, then Jake didn't wanna play for Tampa so he retired. I don't see how that's Tampa's fault.

When did I ever say I wanted Chad to start? He'll always will be a Jet IMO, but I don't wanna go into another season with him a starter. Personally I just rather start KC and see what we have with him, I don't want Favre either, I was just asking you what you think is fair.

I don't see what having Favre as starter would accomplish.

Superbowl? No

Anything else? Irrelevant

Why? He has a better chance to win in the NFC on a team that has proven playoff capability. We're hoping these Free Agent pick-ups and Draft picks can get us there while Tampa is coming off a NFC South Championship and ran into the Giants at the wrong time. I don't blame him and expected this from the get go.

The Jets are a younger and more talented team on both offense and defense.

Please, Favre is not going to succeed behind that mediocre running game. Besides Joey Galloway they have absolutely no one else.

Wow...

You people have really gone back and forth on this, haven't you? LOL.

Okay, here's my take on what I have been reading.

1 - Brett Favre is a better QB then either CP or KC at this point, and gives us a better chance to win then either of those QB's...No question about it.

2 - Brett Favre WAS a great QB, he is NOW, at 39 years old, an above avg. QB with a big arm, but an even bigger ego, who missed the playoffs 3 of the past 4 seasons...Again, still better then what we have, but okay.

3 - It is not a question in my eyes who is the better QB for the Jets, it is a question of what we'd have to give up in order to acquire this player. As I said at some point in time earlier in this thread, I would easily swap CP for Favre straight up, no questions asked. BUT, I would MUCH rather have the 22-24 year old versions of Justin Miller, Nick Mangold, Darelle Revis, Vernon Gholston, David Harris, etc, etc, then the 39 year old version of Brett Favre, who, at most, has another 2 years left in him.

I think the absolute WORST thing this FO can do is bring Favre in for 2 years, he does mediocre (maybe an AFCCG appearance), then retires. At this point we have to start the QB experiment all over, and by the time a young starter emerges, almost every non-draft acquisition we made the past couple offseasons will be too old to contribute...

Then we'd REEEALLLY have to start all over.

Personally, I think the Jets FO know that Favre is not coming to the Jets, and they are throwing around 'better offers' to keep the Bucs, the Packers, and the rest of the league on their tows. But, thats JMO.

I don't see what having Favre as starter would accomplish.

Superbowl? No

Anything else? Irrelevant

Agreed, If you talk to some, a Superbowl is automatic. I don't understand the Plug n Play mentality, this isn't Madden.

I just have a feeling that at this time after all this crap Brett feels the Packers have put him through ,he is just looking forward to stick it back to the packers and since "IF" he goes to to Tampa he will have the opportunity to play and beat the Packers later this season and I feel this is what makes Brett chose Tampa not us.

Agreed, If you talk to some, a Superbowl is automatic. I don't understand the Plug n Play mentality, this isn't Madden.

Exactly right. People who think we are a Brett Favre away from a SB need a serious dose of reality to come their way.

We look pretty talented on paper, we're yet to see if it all come together. Even if it does all come together (Which is unlikely in itself) then I still don't think we are as good as the 07 Green Bay Packers team. If Favre couldn't get that team to the SB in 07 in the NFC, then he will not do it in the AFC.

I just have a feeling that at this time after all this crap Brett feels the Packers have put him through ,he is just looking forward to stick it back to the packers and since "IF" he goes to to Tampa he will have the opportunity to play and beat the Packers later this season and I feel this is what makes Brett chose Tampa not us.

he wants Bucs for several reasons,,

he is southerner and TB resembles south more than NY in weather and attitude..

Gruden is a friend of his

TB runs same offense he is used to

knows TB press and fans have TONS less expectations

can get to mississippi hell of a lot quicker from TB than NY

Playing the Falcons and Panthers twice is a big help also. Saints also, but they got better on paper. Remains to be seen.

LOL, What the Packers have put him through?

It should be the other way round. Brett Favre has completely pissed away what he had going with that franchise. They genuinely didn't want him to retire, then he retires. Then when they say they'll take him back, he won't commit....Then he comes back WHEN The Packers have moved on. Completely classless.

He's a POS, he's looking for drama. He deserves no sympathy in this scenario whatsoever. I've lost any respect that I ever had for him.

Maybe but I bet the mountains of NY& NJ have a hell of a lot better hunting then Tampa same with the fishing

Maybe but I bet the mountains of NY& NJ have a hell of a lot better hunting then Tampa same with the fishing

r u freakin serious????

during season he is playin/practicing,,the second season ends he is off toi mississippi..

and if off week or 3 day weekend he would fly to mississippi..

Archived