Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do that IN THE DRAFT. NOT IN ****ING AUGUST.

Who the Hell says I'm talking about this season? We're going into this season with Chad/Kellen at QB, that's just the way it is whether you like it or not.

Come 2009 we need to start searching for the future QB of this team. I was hoping it would be Clemens but I'm losing all confidence in him.

Is Brett Favre an upgrade at the QB position? Probably....but, and I'm being serious here, when you hear "bidding war" for Favre's services doesn't that scare you even a little? So, how much is the Jets FO willing to give up for an aging QB? If you retain his services, how do you guarantee he won't pull the "I'm retiring" crap next season? What Favre are you getting? Last seasons? Or the prior three seasons?

Who the Hell says I'm talking about this season? We're going into this season with Chad/Kellen at QB, that's just the way it is whether you like it or not.

Come 2009 we need to start searching for the future QB of this team. I was hoping it would be Clemens but I'm losing all confidence in him.

Then you're blowing a year with a rookie QB. It's not like it makes ALL THE SENSE IN THE WORLD to have a Hall of fame QB for 2 years while they draft and prep a young QB.

What's so much better about 11-12 wins than 9-10 if you're not going to get a SB out of it? Which we wont.

If Favre couldn't get a better Packers team to the SB last season in the NFC then he will not get the Jets to the SB this season in the AFC.

You started watching football when exactly? 2003?

FYI, Favre has won a Superbowl and been to another.

And he was a field goal away in 2007.

Seriously, who wouldnt take Favre even if "all he did" was get us to an AFC championship game.

Till he threw a ridiculous pick.

Did he all of a sudden become a "great QB" again in 07 ? Go find Sperm's post on all the post season games he lost.

He was great 10 years ago.

To get into a bidding war for a guy who can't make up his mind if he is going to retire or keep playing is BEYOND assinine.

At this point I would rather have Erik Ainge at QB than Favre.

Is Brett Favre an upgrade at the QB position? Probably....but, and I'm being serious here, when you hear "bidding war" for Favre's services doesn't that scare you even a little? So, how much is the Jets FO willing to give up for an aging QB? If you retain his services, how do you guarantee he won't pull the "I'm retiring" crap next season? What Favre are you getting? Last seasons? Or the prior three seasons?

You don't go out and spend like the Jets did on 30 year old free agents unless you want to win in the next two to three years. I think Favre has that much football left in him. I do not think Favre is capable of winning all on his own which is why he struggled prior to last season. But I believe with a strong running game, a strong defense and a capable passing game Favre could bring the Jets very, very far.

And he was a field goal away in 2007.

Seriously, who wouldnt take Favre even if "all he did" was get us to an AFC championship game.

I'm just playing devils advocate here (being a Pats fan and BB idolizing person - figures, right? :) )

The Packers - and specifically Brett - threw away the game against the Giants. I hate him for it too. But be really, they lost that game BECAUSE of Brett Favre. Chad gets lambasted for throwing the killer int - yet Favre gets a pass.

There have been 1000 + threads on this and stilll I haven`t heard anyone say what it was we offered for him ,that was supposed to be a sweeter deal then the Bucs are offering.,

Favre Jets back to Mississippi

Brett Favre to the Jets? It's too soon to say that, but this much is certain: Favre is in a Jet.

Favre's private jet left Green Bay at 1:27 EDT, headed for Hattiesburg, Miss., his hometown. He's scheduled to land there at 3:40 EDT. At that time, the Jets will be in the air, winging their way to Cleveland.

Presumably (hopefully), Favre will be ready to announce his decision when he lands in Mississippi. It's the Jets vs. Bucs. We're hearing that the draft-pick compensation could be a conditional fourth rounder that could increase to a second rounder.

Brett Favre to the Jets? It's too soon to say that, but this much is certain: Favre is in a Jet.

Favre's private jet left Green Bay at 1:27 EDT, headed for Hattiesburg, Miss., his hometown. He's scheduled to land there at 3:40 EDT. At that time, the Jets will be in the air, winging their way to Cleveland.

Presumably (hopefully), Favre will be ready to announce his decision when he lands in Mississippi. It's the Jets vs. Bucs. We're hearing that the draft-pick compensation could be a conditional fourth rounder that could increase to a second rounder.

Thats from Cimini...

I'm just playing devils advocate here (being a Pats fan and BB idolizing person - figures, right? :) )

The Packers - and specifically Brett - threw away the game against the Giants. I hate him for it too. But be really, they lost that game BECAUSE of Brett Favre. Chad gets lambasted for throwing the killer int - yet Favre gets a pass.

Actually Chad ussually throws 5 picks in games like that.

Just saying.......

Meaning it could be anywhere from a 2nd to a 4th, exactly what we get back for Vilma. Hopefully we're able to land him today.

I dont know either way whether or not I want Favre to come here from a pure performance standpoint. But the thought of the jets receiving all the media coverage that comes w/ a Favre trade is enough for me to make this want to happen...

Thats basically the tilting point for me....

I don't understand why one would want the media circus that will accompany

Favre to NY. There are 27 times more media outlets in Ny than in Green Bay.

The distraction on the team just as it is on the Green Bay team would be out of sight.

I might be able to see someone wanting Favre here is one thing but to want what

accompanies him is ridiculous.

The distraction on the team just as it is on the Green Bay team would be out of sight.

This is NY. It's expected for any big player.

not really because there would be no Qube controversy, chad would be gone and kellen is back on the sideline

For selfish reasons?

I like hearing about the Jets...any news story on the Jets>>>most other NFL stories...

If Favre to the Jets means all I read about on ESPN or see on the news is Jets info...I'll take it...

Plus having Favre here will get some spotlight on some of our players who we feel don't get much credit...guys like Rhodes Mangold Cotch, etc.

It was a terrible INT, no doubt. But he gave his team a chance to win, and unlike Chad, he actually put points on the board with 2 touchdowns in the game.

Will he win us a superbowl? Maybe not. But it will be a fun ride.

Archived