Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

Yes.

Disregard the Defense, the Offensive Line, Ryan Grant and Eli Manning's performance. **** them all this game was all on Brett. :lol:

Take a step back for a second. THIS IS THE ****ING JETS. THEY HAVN'T WON THE SUPERBOWL IN 40 ****ING YEARS AND THESE MORONS ARE KILLING FAVRE FOR A SEASON WHERE HE PLAYED IN THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. What a complete disgrace.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not blaming Favre for the loss is like not blaming Chad for the playoff game in Pittsburgh a few years ago. It's the exact same thing.

You can blame him for PART of it. Never said you couldn't. However, the Jets D stepped up by not only limiting Pittsburgh to 17 points but also scord a TD of their own. Played much better than Green Bay's D did against the Giants.

Favre at least put up more than three offensive points. ;)

I'd LOVE to have a chance to lose a league championship game. What a horrible season.

What would it do for us? Honestly?

It doesn't get us any closer to a SB, it's just another heartbreaking season. Besides, there's no chance he gets that far in the AFC, he sucks vs good defenses.

Can I also point out for those thinking Favre is going to rip it up in the AFC Playoffs and take us to the SB.

He sucked last year on the talented Packers vs good D's, absolutely sucked.

Irish tell me you dont think the NYJETS are a better team with Chad or Kellen vs Brett Favre.

What would it do for us? Honestly?

It doesn't get us any closer to a SB, it's just another heartbreaking season. Besides, there's no chance he gets that far in the AFC, he sucks vs good defenses.

LOL you are so out of friggin touch it's amazing.

We're still in the running & it looks like we've outdone Tampa!

Jets | Offering good deal for Favre

Wed, 6 Aug 2008 09:21:48 -0700

Updating a previous report, Next Level Scouting, Inc., reports the New York Jets currently have a better offer on the table than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre, according to a source close to the situation. Favre could make a last minute adjustment to his plans if he decides that going to the Jets is in the best interest of his career and his family

WOW!

You can blame him for PART of it. Never said you couldn't. However, the Jets D stepped up by not only limiting Pittsburgh to 17 points but also scord a TD of their own. Played much better than Green Bay's D did against the Giants.

Favre at least put up more than three offensive points. ;)

At least Chad had the team in a position to win...TWICE.

The Packers got off lucky twice and then Favre just gave them the game in OT. He was a joke in that game, he hit one play the entire game and that was as simple a pass as you'll ever see.

At least Chad had the team in a position to win...TWICE.

The Packers got off lucky twice and then Favre just gave them the game in OT. He was a joke in that game, he hit one play the entire game and that was as simple a pass as you'll ever see.

Green Bay got off lucky twice because the defense couldn't stop the Giants from driving down the field. Brett Favre didn't put them in position to win until Overtime, Lawrence Tynes could've hit that field goal at any point.

Point is Favre gives the Jets the best chance to win and can get his team further than Pennington or Clemens.

Irish tell me you dont think the NYJETS are a better team with Chad or Kellen vs Brett Favre.

Where did I say that. I know Favre will make us a better team but that doesn't change the fact that he will not win the SB as QB of the New York Jets. That's all I'm interested in. A Superbowl. Not 12 wins, what the **** good does that do for the franchise?

Where did I say that. I know Favre will make us a better team but that doesn't change the fact that he will not win the SB as QB of the New York Jets. That's all I'm interested in. A Superbowl. Not 12 wins, what the **** good does that do for the franchise?

So you'd rather lose than win. Great fan you are. Why even watch the season? Only fans of the 3-4 best teams in the NFL should bother showing up...

The reason is that for any real fan of any team you want THE BEST PLAYERS POSSIBLE and you can't see the forest for the trees.

Favre is better than Aaron Rodgers, right?

So tell me why exactly the Pack are prepared to let him go rather tha keep him?

I'll tell you, because keeping him would do nothing to help that team in the long run. They know that, just like it will do nothing to help us.

I just sent the jets THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS for tickets. Would I rather see Favre and have a chance to have a great fun season OR would I reather see Chad and Kellen suck and start thinking about the ****ing draft in ****ing october... LET ME THINK...

Brett Favre tutoring Ratliff and Ainge.I say that does ALOT for the franchise.

Favre is better than Aaron Rodgers, right?

So tell me why exactly the Pack are prepared to let him go rather tha keep him?

I'll tell you, because keeping him would do nothing to help that team in the long run. They know that, just like it will do nothing to help us.

THIS WOULD BE A NON ISSUE IF THE JETS HAD A YOUNG QB AS GOOD AS AARON RODGERS.

So you'd rather lose than win. Great fan you are. Why even watch the season? Only fans of the 3-4 best teams in the NFL should bother showing up...

WTF are you talking about? I want to see us win a SB, not games you tool.

I've seen us win games with Pennington, I've seen us make the playoffs with Pennington. Why the hell would it be any different with Brett? Because he wins two more regular season games? Oh right, great reason.:roll:

I've seen us win games with Pennington, I've seen us make the playoffs with Pennington. Why the hell would it be any different with Brett? Because he wins two more regular season games? Oh right, great reason.:roll:

They aren't winning a SB with EITHER OF THEM. Get the BETTER PLAYER. It's that simple. Maybe if you and shelled out several K for season tickets you'd think differently. You can just turn off the TV.

Here comes the name calling I knew it wouldnt be long.Irish gets mad and starts losing an argument he relents to name calling.

I could not be bothered arguing this point anymore. Brett Favre will not win us a Superbowl. At best he will make the playoffs but nothing more, there is no reason to sign him because Chad Pennington could probably do the exact same.

But with maybe 2 less regular season wins, Madmike has me convinced now that that is the important thing. Yes, the two extra wins. Not the SB, no the two extra wins are what it's all about,

Chris Mortensen

Is plugging the NYJETS and seems to think it may come down to Brian Griese or Chad Pennington. WOW Chad given another opportunity to SCREW US!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chad costs more $ so if it comes down to a back-up QB, Griese is a better option. I'd just laugh if that was the reason we didn't get him.

Chad costs more $ so if it comes down to a back-up QB, Griese is a better option. I'd just laugh if that was the reason we didn't get him.

Eh, if thats the only sticking point couldn't the Jets just swallow part of Chad's salary this year?

At this point the Jets better hope to hell they get him. If they don't they'll have either an average or below average starter with 0 confidence between them. :rl:

Same with Tampa Bay. Whoever doesn't land him will have QB issues and the fan base up in arms the minute the QB plays like garbage.

Now I just got back from lunch a while ago and the bottom line on ESPN had Farve going to TAMPA DEAL TO BE ANNOUNCED soon ,now has this just not been updated from this morning or what

Has not been updated. The Tampa deal isn't close according to multiple sources. And now with Brett headed here with his agent, that can only be a good thing. He has yet to make a trip to Tampa Bay.

Archived