Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim Graham, of ESPN.com, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre was originally unlikely to play for the New York Jets. However, Favre has warmed up to the idea of playing for the Jets, according to a source close to the team. Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, said that the Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the frontrunners to acquire Favre. The Jets believe they are a playoff team and Favre could give them a chance to win the Super Bowl.

\:D/

Actually Chad ussually throws 5 picks in games like that.

Just saying.......

not so fast (found on Coldhardfootballfacts.com)......

Jan. 20, 2002

The reality: The Packers have a shot to reach the conference championship game for first time since the 1997 season if they beat Rams in the divisional round.

The Cheesehead fantasy: The 12-4 Packers were no match for the 14-2 Rams

The Cold, Hard Football Facts: The Rams edged out the 11-5 Eagles by just five points in the conference title game and lost to the 11-5 Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Packers easily could have beat the Rams if Favre had not thrown 6 picks

The only thing that is making me nervous about Brett's whole "change in attitude" torwards NY...

He might just be doing this to get Tampa to up their offer to at least equaling New Yorks, that would give GB enough incentive to send Brett to TB so they could part ways w/ Brett on a somewhat better note (Brett gets his way) and they save face by getting at least market value. I think if the reports from Favre that he has changed his feeling torwards NY are genuine- that he will be a Jet by days end....if not I have as feeling NY never had a chance anyway...

Jan. 20, 2002

The reality: The Packers have a shot to reach the conference championship game for first time since the 1997 season if they beat Rams in the divisional round.

The Cold, Hard Football Facts: The Rams edged out the 11-5 Eagles by just five points in the conference title game and lost to the 11-5 Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Packers easily could have beat the Rams if Favre had not thrown 6 picks

Jan. 20, 2002

The only thing that is making me nervous about Brett's whole "change in attitude" torwards NY...

He might just be doing this to get Tampa to up their offer to at least equaling New Yorks, that would give GB enough incentive to send Brett to TB so they could part ways w/ Brett on a somewhat better note (Brett gets his way) and they save face by getting at least market value. I think if the reports from Favre that he has changed his feeling torwards NY are genuine- that he will be a Jet by days end....if not I have as feeling NY never had a chance anyway...

Exactly my thinking as well.

None how the fck do you know none?? look below retard...

August 6, 2008 12:31 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

Brett Favre thought the idea of playing for the New York Jets was tantamount to finishing his career purgatory. He figured he'd rather retire.

Now the soon-to-be-former Green Bay Packers quarterback has warmed up to the idea, and a source within the Jets front office tells ESPN.com they believe they're not an afterthought anymore in the Favre sweepstakes.

Favre's agent, Bus Cook,

THere is no chance he plays for the Jets. None.

Im tired of this back and forth sh*t with him. I was certain he was going to Tampa but now they're talking about the JETS being a distinct possibilty, its just *****ing annoying.

Either come to NY and get your ass in training camp, or kick rocks to Tampa Bay, either way the speculation and constant juicing of thios story by ESPN is completely irritating and old. We've spoken about this in ad nauseum now.

Im tired of this back and forth sh*t with him. I was certain he was going to Tampa but now they're talking about the JETS being a distinct possibilty, its just *****ing annoying.

Either come to NY and get your ass in training camp, or kick rocks to Tampa Bay, either way the speculation and constant juicing of thios story by ESPN is completely irritating and old. We've spoken about this in ad nauseum now.

I honestly think he's going to retire. This whole circus is such a joke. ESPN is an embarrassment.

Someone pull the plug on this. THis has dragged on for two weeks- who cares anymore.

You guys are really falling for this.

If Brett comes to the Jets I have no problem admitting I was wrong. But im positive its not going to happen. It's just not.

I totally agree, its crazy reading some of these post. THE GUY DOESN'T WANNA PLAY HERE! Why trade for a guy that doesn't wanna play for you, or can retire year to year, its madness. I think our FO is smarter than that, get in a bidding war to drive up the price for TB.

I totally agree, its crazy reading some of these post. THE GUY DOESN'T WANNA PLAY HERE! Why trade for a guy that doesn't wanna play for you, or can retire year to year, its madness. I think our FO is smarter than that, get in a bidding war to drive up the price for TB.

Why would we drive up the price for TB?? Just to be dicks??

You started watching football when exactly? 2003?

FYI, Favre has won a Superbowl and been to another.

So yes, because I started watching NFL in '03 means I have no idea at all what happened in years previous. Never heard of guys like John Elway, Dan Marino or Barry Sanders at all. It's crazy to think I could somehow watch highlights of these players or read up on them, insane I tell you.

It comes down to this, Tampa is prolly the favorites to land him but the Packers rather trade him to the Jets than the Bucs. The Packers don't care what they get in return, as long as Favre is not on the active roster anymore.

I see the Jets putting more on the table than the Bucs.

Or your hope.

Bring Favre to the East. I will welcome him and his ridiculous INTs in big games with open arms. No matter what happens here it's only going to add to the Jets fans torture.

A. He's too good to play for the Jets.

B. He comes and plays for the Jets and then for the next 5 seasons he continues with this wishy washy attention whore bull$hit that everyone loves while still leading the Jets to 0 Super Bowls.

It's a win win IMO.

Archived