Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

Bring Favre to the East. I will welcome him and his ridiculous INTs in big games with open arms. No matter what happens here it's only going to add to the Jets fans torture.

A. He's too good to play for the Jets.

B. He comes and plays for the Jets and then for the next 5 seasons he continues with this wishy washy attention whore bull$hit that everyone loves while still leading the Jets to 0 Super Bowls.

It's a win win IMO.

Legit Super Bowls:

Brett Favre: 1

New England Pats: 0

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bring Favre to the East. I will welcome him and his ridiculous INTs in big games with open arms. No matter what happens here it's only going to add to the Jets fans torture.

A. He's too good to play for the Jets.

B. He comes and plays for the Jets and then for the next 5 seasons he continues with this wishy washy attention whore bull$hit that everyone loves while still leading the Jets to 0 Super Bowls.

It's a win win IMO.

I can't believe my point was best put by a Pats fan. Ugh.

He's exactly right though. Signing Favre would do nothing for te long term interest of this team. Our QB situation would be even more ****ed than it is now with all the 'one more year' crap. He completely ****ed up the Packers plans with Rodgers and I don't havea doubt in my mind that he'd do the same to us.

Legit Super Bowls:

Brett Favre: 1

New England Pats: 0

How is this relevent at all to the discussion?

A. That "legit" Super Bowl was won with the Packers...not the Jets.

B. That was like 12 freakin' years ago.

:rl::rl::rl::rl:

He's exactly right though. Signing Favre would do nothing for te long term interest of this team. Our QB situation would be even more ****ed than it is now with all the 'one more year' crap. He completely ****ed up the Packers plans with Rodgers and I don't havea doubt in my mind that he'd do the same to us.

LMAO @ any argument for the jets current QB situation over Favre.

GB holding a press conference soon...trade announcement should be imminent...

From the Tampa Tribune: "Jeff Garcia just walked through a gaunlet of reporters here and made quite a comment. When one reporter joked that he was walking the Green Mile, he responded by saying, 'Yeah, dead man walking.' You get the feeling from that comment that Garcia doesn't feel too good about the latest Brett Favre news."

Not looking good for Favre to Jets

How is this relevent at all to the discussion?

A. That "legit" Super Bowl was won with the Packers...not the Jets.

B. That was like 12 freakin' years ago.

:rl::rl::rl::rl:

It's just funny that you're bashing favre for his failures in "big games" when he has a legit title unlike your heroes.

GB holding a press conference soon...trade announcement should be imminent...

From the Tampa Tribune: "Jeff Garcia just walked through a gaunlet of reporters here and made quite a comment. When one reporter joked that he was walking the Green Mile, he responded by saying, 'Yeah, dead man walking.' You get the feeling from that comment that Garcia doesn't feel too good about the latest Brett Favre news."

Not looking good for Favre to Jets

Get Garcia if thats true.

Oh jesus, could you imagine when he finds out that the NY media market is roughly a million times bigger than Green Bay?

Oh jesus, could you imagine when he finds out that the NY media market is roughly a million times bigger than Green Bay?

Common you think favre with all his commercial deals already and noteriety already would be scared of the media?

It's just funny that you're bashing favre for his failures in "big games" when he has a legit title unlike your heroes.

They actually have three legit titles. I don't think the NFL considers madmike1 the Director of Legit Super Bowl titles. Until the NFL puts an asterisk next to their titles, I'm just chalkin' it up to some pathetic, jealous Jets fans.

They actually have three legit titles. I don't think the NFL considers madmike1 the Director of Legit Super Bowl titles. Until the NFL puts an asterisk next to their titles, I'm just chalkin' it up to some pathetic, jealous Jets fans.

Yeah it's just jet fans... EVERYONE knows your team cheated. Accept it.

Now I just got back from lunch a while ago and the bottom line on ESPN had Farve going to TAMPA DEAL TO BE ANNOUNCED soon ,now has this just not been updated from this morning or what

It's been Updated:

Favre warming up to Jets icon_report_hi.gif

August 6, 2008 12:23 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

Brett Favre thought the idea of playing for the New York Jets was tantamount to finishing his career purgatory. He figured he'd rather retire.

Now the soon-to-be-former Green Bay Packers quarterback has warmed up to the idea, and a source within the Jets front office tells ESPN.com they believe they're not an afterthought anymore in the Favre sweepstakes.

Favre's agent, Bus Cook, told the Sporting News that the Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers "are the two teams out front" and that he expects "something to happen within the next 48 hours."

The Jets went 4-12 last year and looked miserable doing it. Thankfully, they're in the Miami Dolphins' division or they would have looked worse. It's no wonder why Favre refused to speak directly with the Jets over the past few weeks.

But once Favre accepted the fact the Packers would not release him or trade him within the division, a trade he couldn't completely orchestrate became inevitable. He got on the phone and spoke with the Jets and Buccaneers.

Although the Buccaneers appear to have the inside track, the Jets wedged into the fight Tuesday night by convincing him they're ready to win immediately.

The Jets explained how much money they spent in free agency to shore up their offensive line and pass rush. They filled him in on the $75 million facility in Florham Park, N.J., they'll occupy on Sept. 2. They reminded him there are places to go hunting in the area -- and that's no trivial matter to the proud Mississippian.

The Jets are disappointed that neither Chad Pennington nor Kellen Clemens has stepped up in training camp to claim the job. Both returning quarterbacks have been decent, but the front office and coach Eric Mangini would feel much more comfortable with a charismatic veteran at the helm.

They believe they're a playoff team and that Favre would give them a chance to win it all. Yes, the Super Bowl.

Favre will turn 39 in October. Every one of his 5,377 completions has been to a Packers receiver.

Still, the Jets are confident Favre can learn enough of the offense to be effective if they can bring him in by the end of this week. The Jets open their preseason Thursday night in Cleveland, so if Favre can be waiting when they return to Hofstra University, they think he would have time to learn enough of the offense.

Favre would have help translating the playbook. Bill Callahan, the Jets' offensive line coach and top Mangini assistant, knows the West Coast offense from his Oakland Raiders days (Callahan was Jon Gruden's offensive coordinator before succeeding him) and could help Favre assimilate the play calls into concepts he understands.

The improbable might actually happen after all.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-2-25/Favre-warming-up-to-Jets.html

Yeah it's just jet fans... EVERYONE knows your team cheated. Accept it.

I'm not accepting anything other than the fact that we have three Super Bowl titles. Believe me if the Jets had three titles I'd be jealous too that is if the last one we won was 40 years ago.

I'm not accepting anything other than the fact that we have three Super Bowl titles. Believe me if the Jets had three titles I'd be jealous too that is if the last one we won was 40 years ago.

Thats a non issue. We didn't cheat. It's more anger for my team being cheated than jealousy.

It's been Updated:

Favre would have help translating the playbook. Bill Callahan, the Jets' offensive line coach and top Mangini assistant, knows the West Coast offense from his Oakland Raiders days (Callahan was Jon Gruden's offensive coordinator before succeeding him) and could help Favre assimilate the play calls into concepts he understands.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-2-25/Favre-warming-up-to-Jets.html

What does that mean? Callahan draws the plays up for Favre in the dirt?

Oh so you want the worse player. Thats a great way to run a team. And you just said Favre would crash and ****ing burn.

Favre will crash and burn in Tampa because they have a very average O-line. One decent WR who is almost as old as Favre and an average running attack.

I doubt he'll even make the playoffs with that team. Garcia made the O-line look better than it was with his mobility, somehow I doubt Favre will do the same.

And no, it's not because I 'want the worse player'. I want the ****ing player that will commit to the team for more than a season, I want a player who actually has some kind of potential to lead this team to a championship, and I want a player will not set back the future of this franchise another 3-4 years.

Favre will crash and burn in Tampa because they have a very average O-line. One decent WR who is almost as old as Favre and an average running attack.

I doubt he'll even make the playoffs with that team. Garcia made the O-line look better than it was with hos mobility, somehow I doubt Favre will do the same.

And no, it's not because I 'want the worse player'. I want the ****ing player that will commit to the team for more than a season, I want a player who actually has some kind of potential to lead this team to a championship, and I want a player will not set back the future of this franchise another 3-4 years.

Amen! Couldn't say it better myself.

Archived