Did the Yankees bring Clement back to earth?

Green Jets & Ham

IMO Matt Clement pitched WAY OVER HIS HEAD in the first half .. a medicore pitcher who hurled like an ace

Sort of like some JOE AVERAGE having a career year

It will be interesting to see if the Chisox rock him tonite, after the Yankees rocked him last week

I'm Guessing they will ... I'm Guessing that the Yankees brought him back down to earth, and now he will be the mediocre pitcher he has always been

We'll see?

I don't know that the Yankees brought him "back to earth" and I disagree that he is Joe Average. I honestly hoped the Yankees would target him over Pavano in the off-season because Pavano pitched in one of the worst divisions in baseball and Clement IMHO is a guy who has #2 type stuff. Just needed to get in the right spot to put it all together. I've seen the guy pitch some gems for the cubs and I honestly think he's an excellent pitcher. I dont think he'll be as good in the 2nd half but it wouldn't surprise me if he had a very good second half and finish with 17-18 wins.

I still think the guys legit though, better signing than Pavano for sure

I dont know about that. Clement is known around baseball to have no guts in big games.

Meanwhile, Pavano pitched very well in the 2003 postseasonm, especially that gem he threw against the Yankees in the WS.

While we are on the subject of offering conclusive evidence for the 1st half performance of some pitchers...allow me a turn:

Randy Johnson was a great pitcher before coming to NY. That much we know. I have it on good authority that the Big Unit receives Samson-like power from the skullet hairdo he used to have. He is having an off year because george made him lop off the skullet. any thoughts?

While we are on the subject of offering conclusive evidence for the 1st half performance of some pitchers...allow me a turn:

Randy Johnson was a great pitcher before coming to NY. That much we know. I have it on good authority that the Big Unit receives Samson-like power from the skullet hairdo he used to have. He is having an off year because george made him lop off the skullet. any thoughts?

Your breath smells like my balls...Why is that you think?

IMO Matt Clement pitched WAY OVER HIS HEAD in the first half .. a medicore pitcher who hurled like an ace

Sort of like some JOE AVERAGE having a career year

It will be interesting to see if the Chisox rock him tonite, after the Yankees rocked him last week

I'm Guessing they will ... I'm Guessing that the Yankees brought him back down to earth, and now he will be the mediocre pitcher he has always been

We'll see?

You're off on this one Ham. Clement is the type of pitcher that has deadly stuff 80% of the time. When he's not on mentally or physically and can't find it in the early innings, get him outta there cause he's not going to find it that day, or he'll cost you 12 runs in the process. He takes a very long time to warm up but when his junk is working it's wicked. I dont care what league he's in or what the importance of the game is - he just doesn't have it sometimes. The Sox did great in picking him up. Wish he was still in Cub blue.

Archived