Schefter believes the Raiders will say NO to DMC.

NY JET 29

NFL Network's Adam Schefter does not believe the Raiders will take Arkansas RB Darren McFadden if he's available with the No. 4 pick.

Schefter says he's "looking for Vernon Gholston" to be Oakland's choice. Schefter usually has the inside scoop on anything Raiders-related, from reporting Art Shell's firing several weeks in advance to revealing Lane Kiffin and Al Davis' back-and-forth. It'd be hard not to trust him on this.

Hey if DMC lands all I can say is welcome!

If Gholston lands welcome!

If Ryan lands welcome!

If Mckelvin lands welcome!

I don't care who we pick out of those 4.

good post NY Jet 29. I saw that earlier as well. Schefter is one of my favorite NFL guys and is fairly accurate. I pray that he is accurate with this and DMC will fall to us...with that being said, if he falls to us and we don't take him I will most definately put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger!

good post NY Jet 29. I saw that earlier as well. Schefter is one of my favorite NFL guys and is fairly accurate. I pray that he is accurate with this and DMC will fall to us...with that being said, if he falls to us and we don't take him I will most definately put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger!

After you pull that trigger, the water might tickle the back of your throat a little. Consider yourself forewarned.

if he falls to us and we don't take him I will most definately put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger!

why? Because the Jets know their teams needs better than you? Because they know the players available better than you?

Plus, if you would put a gun in your mouth over the jets, it would have been last season.

why? Because the Jets know their teams needs better than you? Because they know the players available better than you?

Plus, if you would put a gun in your mouth over the jets, it would have been last season.

actually last season you pretty much knew it was over early, but i did almost kill my liver

Yeah, that's what Thor calls it. The super soaker. I made the mistake of thinking he was exaggerating. Small gun, but packs a wallop.

i actually found a rather large super soaker in my closet the other day. it's like 4 feet long. it could def take out some stupid pats fans at a tailgate

Yeah, like wow. No one could have predicted Art Shell getting fired.

Schefter is actually really good at getting the inside scoop.

Hell, in the past two drafts on NFL Network they actually cut to him before a few of the picks were made and he already had the scoop on who the pick was. I specifically remember him saying the Titans were taking Young over Leinart after they'd only been on the clock for 2-3 minutes.

I could see the Raiders passing on McFadden. Even though Gholston is a boom or bust player IMO, he's still a freak with a lot of talent. He can also play both 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB. That's the kind of versatility a guy like Rob Ryan covets just as much as Mangini. Not to mention Oakland just locked up Fargas long term and they still have Rhodes, Bush, and Jordan on the books.

At the moment, I see the Top 6 playing out like this:

1. Miami - OT Jake Long, Michigan

2. St. Louis - DE Chris Long, Virginia

3. Atlanta - DT Glenn Dorsey, LSU

4. Oakland - DE Vernon Gholston, Ohio State

5. Kansas City - OL Branden Albert, Virginia

6. NY Jets - RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas

Hell, in the past two drafts on NFL Network they actually cut to him before a few of the picks were made and he already had the scoop on who the pick was. I specifically remember him saying the Titans were taking Young over Leinart after they'd only been on the clock for 2-3 minutes.

I could see the Raiders passing on McFadden. Even though Gholston is a boom or bust player IMO, he's still a freak with a lot of talent. He can also play both 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB. That's the kind of versatility a guy like Rob Ryan covets just as much as Mangini. Not to mention Oakland just locked up Fargas long term and they still have Rhodes, Bush, and Jordan on the books.

i second that, but if KC trades allen look for them to make a move to get either Gholston or C Long

NFL Network's Adam Schefter does not believe the Raiders will take Arkansas RB Darren McFadden if he's available with the No. 4 pick.

Schefter says he's "looking for Vernon Gholston" to be Oakland's choice. Schefter usually has the inside scoop on anything Raiders-related, from reporting Art Shell's firing several weeks in advance to revealing Lane Kiffin and Al Davis' back-and-forth. It'd be hard not to trust him on this.

Hey if DMC lands all I can say is welcome!

If Gholston lands welcome!

If Ryan lands welcome!

If Mckelvin lands welcome!

I don't care who we pick out of those 4.

I been saying that forever.... there no way they are taking mcfadden... they 4 backs..oine will be cut... they will have three.. fargus and they have the phenom that was hurt last year michael bush... thay are not taking another running back,,, and if they do for some strange odd reason..then they deserve to have him..

I agree with your projection except for the last two. No way KC takes O-line, let alone a Guard, at 5. I would be shocked.

I'd also be shocked if the Jets drafted McFadden without trying to trade down with Dallas.

I'd also be shocked if the Jets drafted McFadden without trying to trade down with Dallas.

That could be part of all the attention the Jets are giving McFadden. They're telling the 'Boys and the rest of the league that they like the player. So if you think you like him better than we do, pony up!

And it's entirely possible that's the way they feel. They'll trade the slot, and McFadden with it, if they get what they want in a trade. Otherwise, they'll be happy with DMC.

Archived