Latest rumor Pennington to Ravens, Ryan to jets[Merged2X]

nylarry

Like you don't hear Franchise QB a million times during the draft. I'll tell you this much McFadden would prolly contribute a hell of alot more right off the bat. Ryan is unproven and for petes sake from Boston. I wouldn't touch anything from Boston with a 10 foot pole....

Ryan is from Pennsylvania.

The only thing McFadden is going to contribute to is the birth rate in New Jersey.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gholston or McFadden are the two guys we have to be thinking about. Matt Ryan is going to be a future QB but Gholston could be as important.

The Truest Statement I've read in this post thus far. Probably could add Chris Long to that mix too, if he gets past K.C.

I don't think Pennington for a second is outrageous. If Matt Schaub can get two second rounders and a move up from 10 to 8 then we should be able to sucker one second rounder out of somebody for Pennington.

I don't think Pennington for a second is outrageous. If Matt Schaub can get two second rounders and a move up from 10 to 8 then we should be able to sucker one second rounder out of somebody for Pennington.

I gotta disagree here. While I WISH it would happen it certainly not realistic. There's the age factor, the injury factor plus the fact that he can't throw the long ball which limits your offense plus the fact he lost his job as our starter. What would you give up? A 4th at best?

As i've said before, Matt Ryan isn't a clear franchise QB.

Well there is no such thing as a "clear franchise QB" that hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

That being said I don't think we should draft him. Either take Long or Gholston or trade down and take a CB or perhaps Devin Thomas, although that's pretty unlikely.

If Tangini could get a 2nd rounder for Pennington I would bow at their feet.

Well there is no such thing as a "clear franchise QB" that hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

That being said I don't think we should draft him. Either take Long or Gholston or trade down and take a CB or perhaps Devin Thomas, although that's pretty unlikely.

Jamie Dukes said it best on the NFL channel tonite. This was NOT of Ryan but of cleege QB's in general. "He can make all the throws. Knows the playbook backwards and fowards, has a rocket for an arm but until the lights go on and the game actually starts you have no idea if he's gonna make it or not" . QB is the most difficult position coming out of college to judge.

Archived