Latest rumor Pennington to Ravens, Ryan to jets[Merged2X]

nylarry

He has no pocket awareness..thats what the scouts have been saying..you either have it or you dont...

KC and Chad both have terrific pocket awareness. They both were very much aware of the fact that last year the Jets o-line could not create any pocket.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KC and Chad both have terrific pocket awareness. They both were very much aware of the fact that last year the Jets o-line could not create any pocket.

Yes and it was Clemens chose to step into the rush and throw a duck out to a CB waiting to scoop it up for 6, rather than pull it down and live for another play or sidestep the rush altogether.

Yes and it was Clemens choise to step into the rush and throw a duck out to a CB waiting to scoup it up for 6 rather than pull it down and live for another play or sidestep the rush altogether.

I must have forgot about that one play. GOD knows Chad or Favre never did anything like that.

I must have forgot about that one play. GOD knows Chad or Favre never did anything like that.

Ofcourse they have - but they never followed it up with a league worst QB rating for the season.

BTW, there wre MULTIPLE headscratching plays like that as the rating indicates.

You know what, I'm done giving myself a headache debating what would be the dumbest trade in the history of Jets football and has zero chance of happening. The amusing thing is you same people who want this trade will be the first to demand Mangini's head when it happens and we go 5-11 this next season because of it.

You know what, I'm done giving myself a headache debating what would be the dumbest trade in the history of Jets football and has zero chance of happening. The amusing thing is you same people who want this trade will be the first to demand Mangini's head when it happens and we go 5-11 this next season because of it.

Spot on, Booz. it's a no win situation.

Troy Aikman did. His first two years. I think he turned out OK once he got a little help.

That 89 Dallas team was one of the worst teams EVER and he was a rookie. And he was not the worst in the league in his second year.

Count me out Booz. I won't call for Mangini's head if he were to go 5-11 next year no matter what.

Tasker raised a valid point; Clemens does need to improve his awareness in the pocket.

What should he have been more aware of last year? That he had no time to throw the ball and he was going to get crushed?

No, I do agree -- there were a few times he held the ball too long. But I think he felt they owed him one for all the jail breaks they gave up! :)

It is absolutely mind boggling that half decent football minds such as yourself would be soi brazen as to give final judgement on a young QB like Clemens behind the atrocity of an OL he had tio play behind last year. A seasoned Payton Manning would have looked pedestrian at best behind that line. A rookie Payton Manning would have looked just as bad. I make no claims that Clemens is great or even good, but to make final judgement on him from last year where he had no running game, no pass blocking, and no #1 receiver for the majority of the time he played is just not very bright Bob.

Peyton Manning behind a line almost as bad as ours last season led the NFL in INT's as a rookie.How did he turn out when the line play improved???????????I agree with you.Clemens when given time in the Baltimore game(his 1st significant playing time)looked pretty good and almost won that game for us WITHOUT Coles!!He is going to be a franchise QB in my opinion from what I have seen of him.

Peyton Manning behind a line almost as bad as ours last season led the NFL in INT's as a rookie.How did he turn out when the line play improved???????????I agree with you.Clemens when given time in the Baltimore game(his 1st significant playing time)looked pretty good and almost won that game for us WITHOUT Coles!!He is going to be a franchise QB in my opinion from what I have seen of him.

Baltimore was in prevent defense. bend dont break herm kinda thing

Personally I still think Clemens could end up being the answer. He has an arm and he has mobility. Work on the rest.

And I don't care for Ryan since he doesn't seem all that much better than some 2nd round prospects at QB.

Yet I like this trade for other reasons. It could free up some $$$. And if they give us a 2nd rounder for Penny we would be committing highway robbery. Then if Clemens bombs, we have a new chance at the future on the bench ready to go.

A rumor out of Baltimore 509297.jpg

By Dan Leberfeld

Posted Apr 22, 2008

There are rumors emanating from the Baltimore Ravens complex about a potential Chad Pennington trade.

The rumor is based on the Jets picking Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan with the sixth pick of the first round.

If the Jets pick Ryan, according to the rumor, which can't be substantiated, the Jets would then trade Pennington to the Ravens.

What the Jets would get in return from the Ravens is unclear. Perhaps a second round pick.

It's no secret that the Jets are in love with the BC quarterback, and if he is available at six, there is a very good chance they would take him.

The only problem with this scenario is where it would leave the Jets in 2008. If the team had Kellen Clemens and Ryan as their top two quarterbacks, they would be very inexperienced at the position.

Clemens looked very raw during his starting stint in 2007, and Ryan would obviously be a rookie. Considering how much money the Jets spent bringing in new players this off-season, it would stand to reason they wouldn't want a young, raw quarterback ruining their dreams for 2008. That is why many people have theorized that a seasoned veteran like Pennington is the best quarterback for the Jets in 2008. But if the Jets make this trade, they would obviously be theorizing that Clemens is going to improve significantly in 2008, or Ryan has the potential to succeed as a rookie starter

http://nyj.scout.com/2/748714.html

WATCH OUT FOR THE SMOKE FROM BEHIND THAT SCREEN

I just can not fathom people still clinging to Chad and claiming our only chance is with him.

Seriously, how is this still an argument? If we can get ANYTHING for Chad at this point, we should be overjoyed. If we're going to draft Ryan, it's not because we got rid of Chad, it's because Clemens sucks and has no redeeming value or potential, or it's low enough that we'd rather have a Philip Rivers-Brees or Anderson-Quinn situation than a Jake Plummer-nobody-until-we-burn-a-top-pick situation. Except our guy isn't even as good as Plummer. Maybe some people think after we trade Chad we got Alex Smith left over. Or maybe they think Chad Pennington is Rex Grossman and that's okay. I don't know, I really just don't know how someone can not only claim these things, but get angry and call us all idiots for not agreeing.

Get this through your head boozer. Chad Pennington sucks, and if he starts next season we are going nowhere, and I am going to call for Mangini's head. Just like I did all of ****ing last season, when I called 4 wins while the rest of you were babbling about Chad comeback player and all that other ****ing bull****. Chad Pennington is garbage. Coles is a dumpster. If I have to watch the two of those idiots for another season I am seriously done with this franchise, that is how bad it is. I'd rather have Browning Nagle as my QB, at least he tried, and at least I never felt that feeling of helplessness and futility against a top 10 defense that I always feel with Chadwick.

If Clemens starts, at least I'll think we can build to something. But starting a worthless hack so that you can waste all the talent around you and sneak into a wildcard berth every other year? THAT isn't a waste of veterans? We've already done this song and dance for 5 years, and now that we've rebuilt we need to do it again? Chad is worse than Herm.

Personally I still think Clemens could end up being the answer. He has an arm and he has mobility. Work on the rest.

And I don't care for Ryan since he doesn't seem all that much better than some 2nd round prospects at QB.

Yet I like this trade for other reasons. It could free up some $$$. And if they give us a 2nd rounder for Penny we would be committing highway robbery. Then if Clemens bombs, we have a new chance at the future on the bench ready to go.

We don't need to draft Ryan because we traded away Pennington.

And tell me how Clemens is going to work on growing 5 inches, because if he knows how to I'd love to try it myself.

Sorry Boozer, but no thanks on paying 6th overall $ to a Running Back who would be a glorified Brad Smith. If we're going to draft him, he needs to shoulder the load with 15-20 carries a game.

Agreed. For all that money he would have to get over 300 carries a year. I doubt that would happen with this team.

I still think we should go with Gholston or Chris Long, or just trade down and take a CB. I'm not sold on McFadden or Ryan and I think we need a DL far more than a RB.

I really don't understand the Matt Ryan hype... He's not mobile, his arm stregnth is nothing special, his accuracy comes and goes (from what I've seen), and he throws a lot of interception... on the college level..

Is he really worth the #6 pick in the draft?

I really don't understand the Matt Ryan hype... He's not mobile, his arm stregnth is nothing special, his accuracy comes and goes (from what I've seen), and he throws a lot of interception... on the college level..

Is he really worth the #6 pick in the draft?

NO I honestly think Brian Brohm will wind up being the better pro QB.

We don't need to draft Ryan because we traded away Pennington.

And tell me how Clemens is going to work on growing 5 inches, because if he knows how to I'd love to try it myself.

What are you talking about? Kellen Clemens is 6'2. Why does he need to be 6'7 to be a good QB?

Tony Romo is 6'2 as well. Jeff Garcia is 6'1. Tavaris Jackson is 6'2. Drew Brees is 6'0. Donovan McNabb is 6'2 as well.

Archived