Latest rumor Pennington to Ravens, Ryan to jets[Merged2X]

nylarry

If you think the guys we signed this year only have 1 or 2 years left, you're sadly mistaken.

Only Ben Roethlisberger? Sure he had one hell of a start, but there was a team around him. The Jets have a pretty decent, and could become an even better team if their new pieces click, around their Quarterback. Matt Ryan wouldn't have to come in and have a 65% completion percentage or a 30 touchdown season, he would have to manage and not make the stupid mistakes Pennington has started to make over the past two seasons.

He's nowhere near good enough to take no 6 overall. Flacco is a MUCH better value.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, those same Linebackers that helped the team go 18-1 last season. Those same Linebackers where a part of containing MJD, Taylor and Turner in the postseason. The Giants didn't run too well against New England either. In the end, their young secondary led by Asante Samuel, let them down.

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING!

In the 4th quarter fatiuge was very important to those dusty LB's. Their age showed, LITERALLY!

Clemens was a bad pick, but it would be stupid to stubbornly start him because he was picked high. Leftwich was a #6 overall or something, definitely in the first round, and the Jags ditched him. Pennington is useless too. You're better off drafting Ryan if you think he's got the goods. At the very least at least he is physically capable of playing the position.

Seeing as how the Broncos players actively pushed for Cutler to start over Plummer, I get the feeling most NFL vets want to see a QB that can win games rather than some schmuck that is a "veteran." The Chargers got rid of a guy that was in the running for MVP, yet I didn't see the players complaining about Rivers either. And of course, our very own Faneca, should know a thing or two about young QBs coming in and contributing quickly. And we also happen to play in a division where a 2nd year QB went and won a Super Bowl, although he cheated so he's a bad example. But hey, that Tony Romo replaced veteran Drew Bledsoe, and how did that turn out?

The only people complaining that it'll take 5 years for a QB are Coles and people who just insist on being ignorant to reality. It'll take you MORE than 5 years if you can't get the right guy. I don't care how many years Alex Smith plays, he is not suddenly going to turn into a great QB. If the Niners were smart, they'd use their high pick on a QB themselves. Oh wait...morons. The vets we sign didn't do so because they thought Chad Pennington would be a great QB. They signed one for the money, and two because they figured this FO knew how to evaluate talent and bring in people that could do well. If they see Matt Ryan coming in and playing QB, they'll believe in him and just hope to see flashes.

How'd that Steelers team with Ben do anyway?

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING!

In the 4th quarter fatiuge was very important to those dusty LB's. Their age showed, LITERALLY!

Those "dusty" Linebackers helped bring a team to the SUPER BOWL, do you understand those words? You know, a game in which the Jets havn't even come close to sniffing in 10 years. You know, that magical CHAMPIONSHIP game?

Yeah, them.

The secondary was the let down down the strecth for New England, don't be confused otherwise. Sure their Linebacking unit needs youth, part of the reason why they brought in Victor Hobson, released Roselvt Colvin and could look to a Linebacker for the first time in Belichick's career, before the 5th round.

Gholston is strictly a one gapper at this point. He will be very easy to gameplan against the same way Abe is. Run right at him and throw a RB out in a pattern in his direction. He can't stop the run and he can't cover. By the third quarter you will have him dreaming about the weight room.

Like I said, every player has weaknesses. If he plays for the Pats do you think the opposing team is going to focus on him more than anyone else ? NO! Players like Wilfork and Thomas will get most of the focus, leaving Gholston the next LT.

Clemens was a bad pick, but it would be stupid to stubbornly start him because he was picked high. Leftwich was a #6 overall or something, definitely in the first round, and the Jags ditched him. Pennington is useless too. You're better off drafting Ryan if you think he's got the goods. At the very least at least he is physically capable of playing the position.

Seeing as how the Broncos players actively pushed for Cutler to start over Plummer, I get the feeling most NFL vets want to see a QB that can win games rather than some schmuck that is a "veteran." The Chargers got rid of a guy that was in the running for MVP, yet I didn't see the players complaining about Rivers either. And of course, our very own Faneca, should know a thing or two about young QBs coming in and contributing quickly. And we also happen to play in a division where a 2nd year QB went and won a Super Bowl, although he cheated so he's a bad example. But hey, that Tony Romo replaced veteran Drew Bledsoe, and how did that turn out?

The only people complaining that it'll take 5 years for a QB are Coles and people who just insist on being ignorant to reality. It'll take you MORE than 5 years if you can't get the right guy. I don't care how many years Alex Smith plays, he is not suddenly going to turn into a great QB. If the Niners were smart, they'd use their high pick on a QB themselves. Oh wait...morons. The vets we sign didn't do so because they thought Chad Pennington would be a great QB. They signed one for the money, and two because they figured this FO knew how to evaluate talent and bring in people that could do well. If they see Matt Ryan coming in and playing QB, they'll believe in him and just hope to see flashes.

How'd that Steelers team with Ben do anyway?

AMEN! PREACH ON BROTHA!

Those "dusty" Linebackers helped bring a team to the SUPER BOWL, do you understand those words? You know, a game in which the Jets havn't even come close to sniffing in 10 years. You know, that magical CHAMPIONSHIP game?

Yeah, them.

The secondary was the let down down the strecth for New England, don't be confused otherwise. Sure their Linebacking unit needs youth, part of the reason why they brought in Victor Hobson, released Roselvt Colvin and could look to a Linebacker for the first time in Belichick's career, before the 5th round.

Who the hell is Victor Hobson ? If It wasn't for Wilfork, the Pats would of lost in the AFC Championchip game. He's the most important player on that defense.

Like I said, every player has weaknesses. If he plays for the Pats do you think the opposing team is going to focus on him more than anyone else ? NO! Players like Wilfork and Thomas will get most of the focus, leaving Gholston the next LT.

LT wasn't a one move guy. He could hold his own against the run. Gholston is a one trick pony who's only reputation has come from one outside pass rush move. That is very easy to gameplan against no matter where he plays. In the two gap system you need your OLB to also be able to throw a LT to the side once in a while and not just try to run around him each time.

Who the hell is Victor Hobson ? If It wasn't for Wilfork, the Pats would of lost in the AFC Championchip game. He's the most important player on that defense.

Do you actually watch Jets games or are you just a relative of Bust DMC? :shock:

No **** about Wilfork, really? Thanks. You know, I had no idea as a Jets fan that the 34 NT is the most important part of a defensive that uses the 34 system. Thanks for clearing that one up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

LT wasn't a one move guy. He could hold his own against the run. Gholston is a one trick pony who's only reputation has come from one outside pass rush move. That is very easy to gameplan against no matter where he plays. In the two gap system you need your OLB to also be able to throw a LT to the side once in a while and not just try to run around him each time.

I understand that but in the Pats defense and with the Pats players, the focus will NEVER be on Gholston.

If you think the guys we signed this year only have 1 or 2 years left, you're sadly mistaken.

Only Ben Roethlisberger? Sure he had one hell of a start, but there was a team around him. The Jets have a pretty decent, and could become an even better team if their new pieces click, around their Quarterback. Matt Ryan wouldn't have to come in and have a 65% completion percentage or a 30 touchdown season, he would have to manage and not make the stupid mistakes Pennington has started to make over the past two seasons.

Our new pieces should make our D good. That's it. Not great, and certainly not as great as PIT's D was for Ben. And if you think Jones and Leon could even snif the jock strap of Parker and Bettis then you're just high Joe. This draft is crucial to add players. We desperately need that 2nd rounder, and the 4th rounder quite frankly. I expect starters from our 1st and 2nd rounder and good depth from the 4th rounders. If we can land a 3rd for DRob then great. Chad will get us a 4th rounder AT BEST. If we add enough good players through this year and next year's draft, then I fully believe Clemens can manage the game quite well. We are not far off so long as we continue to stockpile draft picks and use them on game changers. Matt Ryan is not a game changer.

Yeah, them.

Going 16-0 in the regular season, 2-0 in the playoffs & choking in the Superbowl = FAIL!

fail.jpg

Do you actually watch Jets games or are you just a relative of Bust DMC? :shock:

No **** about Wilfork, really? Thanks. You know, I had no idea as a Jets fan that the 34 NT is the most important part of a defensive that uses the 34 system. Thanks for clearing that one up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was being sarcastic! :rolleyes:

Like I said above this post, the focus will never be on Gholston and he'll quietly having 2 sacks a game.

Our new pieces should make our D good. That's it. Not great, and certainly not as great as PIT's D was for Ben. And if you think Jones and Leon could even snif the jock strap of Parker and Bettis then you're just high Joe. This draft is crucial to add players. We desperately need that 2nd rounder, and the 4th rounder quite frankly. I expect starters from our 1st and 2nd rounder and good depth from the 4th rounders. If we can land a 3rd for DRob then great. Chad will get us a 4th rounder AT BEST. If we add enough good players through this year and next year's draft, then I fully believe Clemens can manage the game quite well. We are not far off so long as we continue to stockpile draft picks and use them on game changers. Matt Ryan is not a game changer.

If you want a game changer then steer clear of Darren McFadden. The only game changing he will do is he will make it easier on the defense. If you want a game changer and not a Quarterback at six than go with the safe pick in either Chris Long or Vernon Gholston.

Clemens can manage the game? What game's did he manage well. He was a disaster in there.

Really? Re-read your post. If you plan to edit it, RSJ quoted it for proof. You said it would leave Gholston to be the next LT.

I said if he ends up playing with the Pats, they'll make him look like LT!!!

The focus will never be on Gholston. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!

Going 16-0 in the regular season, 2-0 in the playoffs & choking in the Superbowl = FAIL!

fail.jpg

Gee, you're right.

Lets look at some facts shall we?

'07 Pats - 18-1

'07 Jets - 4-12

Patriots - 3 Rings, all of them this century

Jets - 1 Ring, 1969

Yeah, the Pats blow! :shock: I'm so glad we're the Jets!!! YEAH!!!

Clemens can manage the game? What game's did he manage well. He was a disaster in there.

He was essentially a rookie behind a disastrous line! You are going to completely dismiss any chance for him and then pin them oin a rookie who in just about every draft in the past 6 years wouldn't have even been on of the top 3 QB's chosen??

Gee, you're right.

'07 Pats - 18-1

'07 Jets - 4-12

Jets - 1 Ring, 1969

Why are you bringing up the past, your talking about the current LB's that are on the roster now.

He was essentially a rookie behind a disastrous line! You are going to completely dismiss any chance for him and then pin them oin a rookie who in just about every draft in the past 6 years wouldn't have even been on of the top 3 QB's chosen??

That last line is your opinion Booz, but I very much disagree with you. I think you need to sit down and watch some tape of Matty Ryan in the next few days.

If we need to trade picks to get Ryan, we should do it. We know Clemens sucks.

So what if we lose picks? After all the FA signings, we don't have cap room to sign many of them, anyway.

It is absolutely mind boggling that half decent football minds such as yourself would be soi brazen as to give final judgement on a young QB like Clemens behind the atrocity of an OL he had tio play behind last year. A seasoned Payton Manning would have looked pedestrian at best behind that line. A rookie Payton Manning would have looked just as bad. I make no claims that Clemens is great or even good, but to make final judgement on him from last year where he had no running game, no pass blocking, and no #1 receiver for the majority of the time he played is just not very bright Bob.

Gee, you're right.

'07 Pats - 18-1

'07 Jets - 4-12

Jets - 1 Ring, 1969

Sarcasm is cute, pole jocking the Patriots isnt.

Grow a pair and stop using the cheaters of Boston as a measuring stick by all which is compared.

That last line is your opinion Booz, but I very much disagree with you. I think you need to sit down and watch some tape of Matty Ryan in the next few days.

I've watched the youtube highlights and I've also watched a few games of theirs last year (my brother in law is a BC alum and tends to dominate the remote on football saturdays). I think he is a decent QB, but he will never be an elite NFL pro. If we take him at 6 I won't be devastated, but trading the entire draft for him is sheer lunacy.

Sarcasm is cute, pole jocking the Patriots isnt.

Grow a pair and stop using the cheaters of Boston as a measuring stick by all which is compared.

:shock:

Grow a pair? How about grow a pair and admit that Tom Brady actually is a GREAT Quarterback and that the players still had to execute on the field. Lets not turn this into a Patriot thread, but you're ridiculous if you think they used videotaping in every game, every year. Also, coaches back from the 1960's to now we're doing this.

Whatever, its over now in my eyes.

Grow a pair? Get real. :lol:

Archived