Latest rumor Pennington to Ravens, Ryan to jets[Merged2X]

nylarry

What are you talking about? Kellen Clemens is 6'2. Why does he need to be 6'7 to be a good QB?

Tony Romo is 6'2 as well. Jeff Garcia is 6'1. Tavaris Jackson is 6'2. Drew Brees is 6'0. Donovan McNabb is 6'2 as well.

Not disagreeing with you, but using Tarvaris Jackson as an example isn't going to help your argument. He flat out sucked with no excuse, he probably had the best running game and O-line in football.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not disagreeing with you, but using Tarvaris Jackson as an example isn't going to help your argument. He flat out sucked with no excuse, he probably had the best running game and O-line in football.

I remembered that after I posted it..lol.. cut a brother some slack its 5 am i been up all night

Tell me you wouldn't love to have, say, Tony Romo or Drew Brees on this team though.

What are you talking about? Kellen Clemens is 6'2. Why does he need to be 6'7 to be a good QB?

Tony Romo is 6'2 as well. Jeff Garcia is 6'1. Tavaris Jackson is 6'2. Drew Brees is 6'0. Donovan McNabb is 6'2 as well.

Clemens has a fairly low release, making him play < 6'2"

If you think Garcia and Tavaris Jackson are over 6' you're kidding yourself.

Sorry Guys got to call BS on this one. Two reason.

It just doesn't make any sense. I like Clemens, but in all honesty, he had that deer in the headlights look last season. Ryan? Who knows he may be a good QB in time, but I honestly don't ever see him being a star QB. I really think Clemens has more upside then Ryan. If they were to do this trade after passing on Cuttler 2 years ago, I would lose all faith in Tangini. Not to mention the fact that they would probably turn a 10-6 into another 4-12, and lose their jobs after spending all that money.

As secretive as this FO is, if these leaks were on the part of the other teams, the deal would be off immediately. If the leaks were from the Jets, half the FO would be fired tomorrow.

Can't say what the reason might be, but I strongly suspect these leaks were created by Tangini for some ulterior motive

Nope, not going to happen.

Agreed, No way they take Ryan. It makes more sense to take the BAP at 6 and trade chad for future picks and grab a Qb in the later rounds imo.Kellen will suprise alot of his critics.

I have no problem drafting Ryan, but this isn't like trading up for the (type of college prospect) that Eli Manning or Peyton Manning or John Elway or Carson Palmer were. If he was, then Miami surely would have taken him #1.

So while I think it would be a good move at #6, I don't like trading up for him. We lose two draft picks (one of them a near first round pick) and probably another $2M/yr (not to mention $10M guaranteed money) that we won't get to use on another player.

Now while QB is the most important player, they need to decide is he THAT much better than what we could get if we took one of the other top 3-4 prospects? Maybe and maybe not.

My concern is Tannenbaum feeling burned in passing up on Cutler and trading the farm away to secure Ryan. I like the idea of taking the best QB on their (or most people's) board. But let him fall to #6. If he doesn't, there are other QB's. Kellen Clemens and Browning Nagle aren't always the consolation prizes.

HOWEVER, if the other silly rumor is true (Pennington for the Ravens' 2nd rounder), then I'm ok with it. Then it's the #6 pick and Pennington and a 4th to secure the QB that the GM/HC/OC want. That's palatable.

I have no problem drafting Ryan, but this isn't like trading up for the (type of college prospect) that Eli Manning or Peyton Manning or John Elway or Carson Palmer were. If he was, then Miami surely would have taken him #1.

So while I think it would be a good move at #6, I don't like trading up for him. We lose two draft picks (one of them a near first round pick) and probably another $2M/yr (not to mention $10M guaranteed money) that we won't get to use on another player.

Now while QB is the most important player, they need to decide is he THAT much better than what we could get if we took one of the other top 3-4 prospects? Maybe and maybe not.

My concern is Tannenbaum feeling burned in passing up on Cutler and trading the farm away to secure Ryan. I like the idea of taking the best QB on their (or most people's) board. But let him fall to #6. If he doesn't, there are other QB's. Kellen Clemens and Browning Nagle aren't always the consolation prizes.

HOWEVER, if the other silly rumor is true (Pennington for the Ravens' 2nd rounder), then I'm ok with it. Then it's the #6 pick and Pennington and a 4th to secure the QB that the GM/HC/OC want. That's palatable.

The Ravens never "OFFERED" a #2 pick ,the guy who started this thread was "SPECULATING" it could be a 2nd rounder....

The Ravens never "OFFERED" a #2 pick ,the guy who started this thread was "SPECULATING" it could be a 2nd rounder....

Well then I glossed over that part, jj. Then that is an impossibility. MAYBE we'd get the Ravens 3rd rounder. MAYBE.

Chad Pennington for a top-50 draft pick after he (deservedly) lost his job? lol

Maybe the jets dont have enough coin to sign all the drafted players... maybe getting rid of a second round and some later round picks.. to save money... lol

Those are their listed heights. Clemens is not 6'2. He is barely 6'. 6'5 is a good height for QBs. Also Clemens release is very low, so he couldn't even get away with 6'2 if he actually was that height, which he is not.

And yes, 2" really does make a difference. In lots of things. Ask your gf if you don't believe me.

#2 pick makes more than the #6 pick and #35 pick and #100-ish pick combined.

Well... then theres no way they should trade up for Mcfadden... not at that price...

I know in my heart that if Howies Boy is sitting there at 4.... the raiders will NEVER let him go play on there arch rivals Chiefs!!! never let howies boy wear a chief jersey!!

Just so they can have 5 rbs on the team...

The Jets arent trading up to get Ryan so get over it. This is a more believable scenario.

Jets may trade up for McFadden

Posted: Wednesday April 23, 2008 05:38AM ET

The Jets own the sixth selection in the draft, and there is a growing belief around the league that Darren McFadden is one of their targets. Concerned the Raiders (No. 4) might select the dynamic running back, the Jets may try to trade up (the Rams are at No. 2) for McFadden, according to a league source. McFadden was in New York Tuesday for the second time in less than a week. The former Arkansas star has a hunch he could be spending a lot of time in these parts after the Jets make their first draft pick on Saturday.

The Jets arent trading up to get Ryan so get over it. This is a more believable scenario.

The Jets own the sixth selection in the draft, and there is a growing belief around the league that Darren McFadden is one of their targets. Concerned the Raiders (No. 4) might select the dynamic running back, the Jets may try to trade up (the Rams are at No. 2) for McFadden, according to a league source. McFadden was in New York Tuesday for the second time in less than a week. The former Arkansas star has a hunch he could be spending a lot of time in these parts after the Jets make their first draft pick on Saturday.

Id rather see this come to fruition than the Ryan deal, and Im not high on getting DMC.......

And in the process we would have to give up our 1, 2, 4 - TOO EXPENSIVE!

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! :Nuts:

If they think Matt Ryan is the next Peyton Manning, pull the trigger.

That being said, Clemens has played in 8 games. ONLY 8 F##KING GAMES.

Repeat after me: 8 F##KING GAMES.

And had a QB rating of what?

LESS THAN 50 PERCENT COMPLETIONS - Just imagine what a full season would bring...

He is not the answer for this team...

Negatives: Lacks the arm strength to challenge the deep secondary, as his long throws tend to flutter or hang up long enough for defenders to attack the ball in flight (see 2006 Brigham Young and Wake Forest contests and 2007 Massachusetts and Virginia Tech games)
Sound familiar? Ryan is NOT WORTH THE 6TH PICK.

If they think Matt Ryan is the next Peyton Manning, pull the trigger.

That being said, Clemens has played in 8 games. ONLY 8 F##KING GAMES.

Repeat after me: 8 F##KING GAMES.

Then why the hell would you have those fun facts under your sig all about CLEMENS ?

Trade Chad for that raven's 2. Take McFadden if he's there. If not trade down.

Interesting. You would pass on Ryan, but take McFadden.

McFadden has a crap load of baggage. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

I would take him over McFadden. What is a "clear franchise QB?"

Running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL.

Like you don't hear Franchise QB a million times during the draft. I'll tell you this much McFadden would prolly contribute a hell of alot more right off the bat. Ryan is unproven and for petes sake from Boston. I wouldn't touch anything from Boston with a 10 foot pole....

Archived