Baker

uart

I love the way everyone loved Baker until a few weeks ago. He was apparentlu under-utilized because of Pennington at QB.

Now he sucks. LOL

Good point. They say they are keeping him but they cannot. He is a talker and they will not put up with that this year. Also, you just cannot ask for a new contract every year. The whole league had a shot at him a few years back and passed. He is totally unrealistic. It does not help that the media buddies this guy supplies as an unnamed source are going to beat the drum for him

Good point. They say they are keeping him but they cannot. He is a talker and they will not put up with that this year. Also, you just cannot ask for a new contract every year. The whole league had a shot at him a few years back and passed. He is totally unrealistic. It does not help that the media buddies this guy supplies as an unnamed source are going to beat the drum for him

He'll keep quiet or they'll suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team. If they can't trade him for a draft pick in 2008 or 2009, I think they keep him as a 2nd/3rd string TE with starting experience since his salary is so low this year & they now have plenty of cap space with DRob being moved anyway. More than enough to carry Baker as a #3 TE instead of a league-minimum rookie anyway.

I hope that Bakers little hissy fit was NOT the reason we took Keller.

That would be pretty moronic.

No I think they wanted an impact receiver, this guy is listed as a tight end but he's just a big wideout. The F.O knew that the Giants where ready to pounce, so we cut them off at the pass. I've no worries about this guy his numbers speak for themself.

He's not just a workout Warrior, the guys a baller!:)

Baker doesn't suck. He's just being a bitch right now.

But I too doubt they drafted Keller to get a recieving option, not to replace Baker. I was just joking earlier.

But still, this is how buisness is done. You ask for a raise, you risk getting replaced if the boss doesn't think you are worth it. (But since Keller can't block, I think Baker is safe)

Baker doesn't suck. He's just being a bitch right now.

But I too doubt they drafted Keller to get a recieving option, not to replace Baker. I was just joking earlier.

But still, this is how buisness is done. You ask for a raise, you risk getting replaced if the boss doesn't think you are worth it. (But since Keller can't block, I think Baker is safe)

Every week last year, when the Jets were graded, Baker had good grades on blocking. Also catches everything thrown to him. Please don't repeat the Kendall fiasco. Why sign Franks, who is on the downside of his career and give up a valuable asset? Hope we have learned from our mistakes.

Ship his stinky ass out, the puke was justed re-uped, one average year and now this crap, see ya piss head go drop some more passes for someone else.

dropped passes? are you serious? baker has caught just about everything thrown at him.he`s a good tight end that was under used

Every week last year, when the Jets were graded, Baker had good grades on blocking. Also catches everything thrown to him. Please don't repeat the Kendall fiasco. Why sign Franks, who is on the downside of his career and give up a valuable asset? Hope we have learned from our mistakes.

can they just cut bubba frank before the season with litle or no cap hit?

Just a correction: I mean to say "But I too think they drafted Keller to get a recieving option, not to replace Baker." But I hope the rest of that post made that clear.

Anyway, yes. Baker can block, and catch. But he just lost all leverage in asking for a raise.

Keller is undersized for a TE, so I guess he'll be used as a slot reciever like some of you are suggesting. Still think we could have gotten better value with that pick.

I love the way everyone loved Baker until a few weeks ago. He was apparentlu under-utilized because of Pennington at QB.

Now he sucks. LOL

I've never said he sucks or great. How could anyone really now. We hardly use a te except extra blocking. that was another reason why I can't see why we took a te. I was so pissed last night, put maybe they are going to use him as a wr/te hybrid. if that is the case then I could stomach it.

I've never said he sucks or great. How could anyone really now. We hardly use a te except extra blocking. that was another reason why I can't see why we took a te. I was so pissed last night, put maybe they are going to use him as a wr/te hybrid. if that is the case then I could stomach it.

Well that's because we had like one above-average offensive lineman. Now there are more.

I'd still like them to draft a RG or RT prospect who isn't a total project. I'm not into waiting 3 years to see if the light to turns on with Bender, and Woody does have some bust potential. I don't love Moore nearly as much as Mangini seems to.

From the NY Times:

"Listen man, I want a new contract! And I want it now!"

"Oh yeah? Well, then I want a new TE. I guess one of us will get what he wants."

Enough with catering to the greedy. No more pampering the divas. Get tough or get out. This is football, dammit.

I once again say I am so glad we drafted him. Adios Chris dont let the door hit ya on the way out.

Now he sucks. LOL

umm he always sucked. I cant see what everyone saw in him that made him so likable.

I hope that Bakers little hissy fit was NOT the reason we took Keller.

That would be pretty moronic.

i doubt it, i think it was a combination of his lack of speed & hands.

Keller fits a need. Has nothing to do with Baker. The Jets have blockers: Richardson, Franks, Baker, Pocsiak. Now they have a slot receiver. Its all good.

Thank you. Somebody gets it.

The "big" WRs in this draft have too many question marks. So the Jets drafted a small TE who can do something in the middle and deeper parts of the field. The same things they would have wanted from a big WR.

Archived