Bills to be paid $78 million for games in Toronto

JetNation

Christ. How much do you think the greedy villian of New England that is Bob Kraft could get for the Patriots to play in Toronto for a few games? Maybe $78 million a game? I'm sure he would love to cut that deal. I mean, he isn't going to have too many real fans left at Gillette anyway, so whats the difference?

Christ. How much do you think the greedy villian of New England that is Bob Kraft could get for the Patriots to play in Toronto for a few games? Maybe $78 million a game? I'm sure he would love to cut that deal. I mean, he isn't going to have too many real fans left at Gillette anyway, so whats the difference?

It's ALWAYS about the Benjamins. Screw the fans.

Toronto Bills.

Nice ring to it. :-D

You better believe THATS coming in a few years. Once Ralph passes all bets are off. I feel sorry for the fans out here. Every year they fill up that stadium that holds 78,000+ and they haven't even made the playoffs this century. Now they'll be shown how their loyality is appreciated as the team moves. Nice, real nice.

It's deals like this that'll keep the Bills in Buffalo for the next five years. That's a good thing. Even the Toronto Bills wouldn't be too bad. Not much worse than the NJ Jets, AFAIC. Better than the LA Bills.

It's deals like this that'll keep the Bills in Buffalo for the next five years. That's a good thing. Even the Toronto Bills wouldn't be too bad. Not much worse than the NJ Jets, AFAIC. Better than the LA Bills.

True but only as long as Ralphs alive. It's a shame because the fan support (don't ask me why :P) is very much there for the team. The TV market has shrunk however down to zippo and that's the problem.

wouldn't they have to share it?

They will share the normal 60/40 split on ticket sales, but thats about it.

Has there ever been an NFL team that has sold home games to another City?

Not that I can think of. When Ralph and the Canadian douche bag announced the deal they pissed off a ton of people here in Buffalo. They were actually laughing and the Canadian DB was saying that "at the cost of the tickets maybe people in Buffalo could afford endzone seats". All the time they werre both yuking it up. Yeah it went over real well down here.

I thought Ralph loved Buffalo and is trying to make sure that the Bills never leave Buffalo? Now he's thinking its a good thing to have one home game a year in Toronto? Kind of confused from a spectators view down here in Northern New Jersey.

The only conclusion I can come to is that the money the Bills will be paid for these games will only help them remain in Buffalo. The only catch is they may have to play a game or two a season in Toronto. If I were a Bills fan I'd rather have that than seeing my franchise move to Los Angeles.

Then again, now Buffalo people will have only 7 weekends to tailgate Friday-Monday. Poor Buffaloians.

You better believe THATS coming in a few years. Once Ralph passes all bets are off. I feel sorry for the fans out here. Every year they fill up that stadium that holds 78,000+ and they haven't even made the playoffs this century. Now they'll be shown how their loyality is appreciated as the team moves. Nice, real nice.

Not to mention Bills fans stuck with the team after they choked in 4 straight super bowls.

Not to mention Bills fans stuck with the team after they choked in 4 straight super bowls.

It would be more impressive if they stuck with the team through 4 straight 2-14 or worse seasons. Yeah they lost those Super Bowls, but aside from the actual game they were always one of the best teams in the league. Easy to root for until Super Bowl Sunday.

I think the packers did it with Milwaukee.

I love how 124 bashes the Pats in this thread but loves them in another.

Okay Ghost, lets see:

This thread: Me bashing Bob Kraft who is known by fans all around the NFL who pay attention to the $ aspect of the game to be one of the most greediest onwners in the NFL.

That thread: Me, unlike most posters here, being able to recognize the Patriots team as a team to beat and not just saying they're going to have a down year because I hate the team. I actually take my hatred for a team out of the conversation. Yeah I hate them, but I'm not delusional. I know they're going to continute to be a great team and a force. Anyone who thinks otherwise is blind behind their kelly green sunglasses.

Holy christ some people need to stop with the homerism and need to read a bit better.

Archived