Clemens Part II?

PantyHose&Furs

I've been around long enough to have seen many people at the top of their game let their enormous ego's prompt them to go on the record, go to the media with statements that wind up coming back to haunt them.

Roger Clemens

Mike Vick

Barry Bonds...

Is there any way Bellichick could be heading down the same path?

This guys ego rivals anyone named above.

He clearly is in the midst of a controversial issue.

Congress is sniffing around this.

His leagues commissioner's office is sniffing around this.

The media and public opinion is clearly divided on the topic of Spygate.

Now Mr. Secrecy goes on the record to CBS???

This smells like the Roger Clemens 60-minute interview that so infuriated the lawyers involved that they went after him even harder...and look where that got him.

Bellichick could be heading down the same path...

These ego-maniacs never learn.

Thoughts...

Valid point...but not the one I was making.

These guys just can't seem to get out of their own way and it seems that Belly is going down a path he can't win.

Perhaps. But this is bad for the Jets because this is bad for the league.

It is not in the Jets' interest for the Pats (or BB) to suffer a PR nightmare like Roger Clemens.

Clemens was one pitcher in a 5-man starting rotation for a few different teams.

BB is the HC of an NFL dynasty.

When Clemens went down, he went down alone.

If BB goes down any further, he takes the league with him. Jets included.

I agree that it's dumb for him to go on there, as he's not going to convince many who currently disbelieve him. Though I do think he would choose his words and cover his loose ends a little better than Clemens.

Also, Clemens went on the offensive against what's-his-name. BB will probably go closer to the Andy Pettite route. Admit some wrongdoing, but make it sound not so bad. He certainly won't (I wouldn't think) lash out at individuals who have challenged him, as it would only cause more incentive to probe into his past.

I think he'll act the part of the repentant soul who only went a little-bit astray, and vows to never bring such risk or embarrassment to the NFL or the Pats franchise again.

The reality is that no matter how much we despise the Patriots (and BB as well), absent a Rams superbowl walkthrough tape, their crime really wasn't that bad. Everyone tapes signals. He did it from the sideline (where he wasn't supposed to) as opposed to the press box or stands where the NFL turns a blind eye to it.

The NFL didn’t drop the ball, they spike it. The owners and the league office just want this to go away, nothing to gain, a lot to lose.

I disagree the credability of the game is lost forever.There will always be that doubt.BB is a lieing cheating skumbag who now has a "cant touch me attitude" added to his arrogance already.

The NFL dropped the ball.

Walsh says that 75% of the time they KNEW what defense they were looking at!!

This is HUGE!

This is the Black Sox!

This is Steroids!

This is Pete Rose!

Brady is a Fraud! Great QB's are great because they can read defenses, blitzes, call audibles, if 75% of the time HE KNEW! There goes that 6th round phenomenon and BB is the head coach of the Browns, before the cameras.

This is a disgrace! To the NFL, because Goddell destroyed tapes,idiot.

To the Jets, because Mangini cheated, along with Weiss....etc

But Mostly this takes a dynasty and flushes it down the toilet.

FRAUDS!!

The New England FRAUDS!!!!!!!!!

Tell ANY QB in the league what Scheme he's facing and they are as good or BETTER than Fraud Brady!

Period!

I've been around long enough to have seen many people at the top of their game let their enormous ego's prompt them to go on the record, go to the media with statements that wind up coming back to haunt them.

Roger Clemens

Mike Vick

Barry Bonds...

This smells like the Roger Clemens 60-minute interview that so infuriated the lawyers involved that they went after him even harder...and look where that got him.

Thoughts...

i dont know the only difference is that we kno bellichick did it and the others we only can speculate. I dont see congress going into this and nfl wants it done with so honestly i dont see it getting any bigger. Bellichick never lied to congress so theres really nothing they can do.

I disagree the credability of the game is lost forever.There will always be that doubt.BB is a lieing cheating skumbag who now has a "cant touch me attitude" added to his arrogance already.

The NFL dropped the ball.

Now if this impacted Fantasy Football, that would be a problem. :bag:

Perhaps. But this is bad for the Jets because this is bad for the league.

It is not in the Jets' interest for the Pats (or BB) to suffer a PR nightmare like Roger Clemens.

Clemens was one pitcher in a 5-man starting rotation for a few different teams.

BB is the HC of an NFL dynasty.

When Clemens went down, he went down alone.

If BB goes down any further, he takes the league with him. Jets included.

I agree that it's dumb for him to go on there, as he's not going to convince many who currently disbelieve him. Though I do think he would choose his words and cover his loose ends a little better than Clemens.

Also, Clemens went on the offensive against what's-his-name. BB will probably go closer to the Andy Pettite route. Admit some wrongdoing, but make it sound not so bad. He certainly won't (I wouldn't think) lash out at individuals who have challenged him, as it would only cause more incentive to probe into his past.

I think he'll act the part of the repentant soul who only went a little-bit astray, and vows to never bring such risk or embarrassment to the NFL or the Pats franchise again.

The reality is that no matter how much we despise the Patriots (and BB as well), absent a Rams superbowl walkthrough tape, their crime really wasn't that bad. Everyone tapes signals. He did it from the sideline (where he wasn't supposed to) as opposed to the press box or stands where the NFL turns a blind eye to it.

good post as usual SE-look, all I want to happen out of this is to be able to watch NFL games that are NOT skewed or for one team to have an unfair advantage over the others

My thought is I'd like to beat them on the field instead of beating them in the media or Jets message boards.

This whole thing isn't bad for the Patriots so much as it is bad for the NFL.

Good point the only way to get some respect back for the Jets is to start beating the Pats on the field. All this other stuff is nonsense to me personally.

Roger Clemens

Mike Vick

Barry Bonds...

Thoughts...

yeah, congress is going to prove that bellichick has been using steriods its illegal to call plays when juiced. it gives you an edge. lol.

:funny_post:

Archived