Willie lashes out at fans/SNY

Zeebers

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/yankees/Angry_Randolph_attacks_critics_who_hurt_me_to_my_core.html?c=y&page=1

Interesting article on Randolph from the Bergen Record. Willie blasts Met fans and SNY for painting him as passive and not in control. More eye opening still, Willie more or less pulls the race card and claims, black coaches in the NY area are held to a different standard and at one point even bringing up how poorly Isiah was treated. Willie, thanks for nothing, I personally think Willie's a manager who have no idea what he's doing, never thought of him as a black manager who doesn't know what he's doing.

I guess Willie said "Black Coaches" in New York meaning that he also included Isiah. Willie may be bad, but he is no way even close to as bad as Isiah.

Randolph obviously has an over-inflated opinion of himself. When he talks he's always telling anyone who would listen that he's a winner..yadda yadda yadd. When it has nothing to do with being a manager, as a manager he's done nothing. All he did was almost make the World series when he had the best team. He talks about Another thing which is annoying is, Willie thinks he saved the Mets. He hasn't done a damn thing. Reading the whole article, Willie comes off as paranoid, petty and overly sensitive. He's not going to last too long.

"Is it racial?" Randolph asked. "Huh? It smells a little bit."

Asked directly if he believes black managers are held to different standards than their white counterparts, Randolph said: "I don't know how to put my finger on it, but I think there's something there. Herman Edwards did pretty well here and he won a couple of playoff [games], and they were pretty hard on Herm. Isiah [Thomas] didn't do a great job, but they beat up Isiah pretty good. ...

I don't know if people are used to a certain figurehead. There's something weird about it.

"I think it's very important ... that I handle myself in a way that the [African-American managers] coming behind me will get the opportunities, too ... ."

Wow. I'm really dissapointed in the guy. He experiences a little bit of adversity and right away starts playing the race card. I didn't think Willie was like that but more and more I'm finding the water in that well runs deeper and deeper.

And let's not get excited about "sweeping the Yanks" they are in last place.

It is simple Willie

if the Mets win the masses will like you -if they continue to play 500 and go nowhere you will be rightfully held accountable- nothing about race here.

You can't criticize anybody black. You just can't. If you do, it's racial.

Herm Edwards = muttato, but was beloved by the media for some unknown reason. thats the only reason he's still in the NFL.

Isiah Thomas = train wreck of a GM and was too far deep in when he became HC to get an honest shot at coaching itself.

Willie = coached a huge collapse last year

I love how when every ****ty black coach gets called out for his bad managing/coaching, they immediately pull the race card.

Dusty Baker did this **** too.

Hey, Dusty, Willie, it doesn't matter if you are black, white, Chinese, or candy-striped, you are a ****ty manager and that's why you should be fired.

Herman Edwards did pretty well here and he won a couple of playoff [games], and they were pretty hard on Herm.

Willie. I hate you as the manager for my mets. And your statement above shows how dumb and clueless you really are. Herm Edwards was a terrible head coach. Terrible. Whatever success the Jets had was in spite of his coaching ability. He proved how lousy of a coach he was. And yet you think we were hard on him? The guy only had a job because of his skin color.

f@ck you Willie. f@ck you. I am done with you. You suck as a manager. You are terrible in getting your star players to play near their talent. You are terrible at strategy. You are terrible at managing your pitching staff.

How dare you blame SNY. They have probably the greatest producer in all of baseball working for them. The guy who does Fox saturday baseball. The guy who produces the world series year after year. And you are saying they are making you look bad?

You are a clueless schmuck. It has nothing to do with your skin color. It has to do with the fact that this team has underachieved every year since you've been manager. We didnt make it to the NLCS because of you stupid. We lost because of you. You were outmanaged. You suck. I dont want to wish ill on my team just so you're fired, but I will not be sad the day you are relieved of your duties.

Bob Davidson, home plate ump, screamed at Randolph to shut up. The manager let his bench coach, Jerry Manuel, take the hit. Randolph knew this second game with the Yanks was too important to watch on a clubhouse TV.

He let his bench coach take the hit? Seriously? Did he turn to Manuel and say, "hey, keep yelling and get ejected, then I'll take all the credit for it..." give me a f@cking break. Manuel yelled because he knows when Willie gets canned he is going to be interim manager.

"My track record speaks for itself," Randolph said.

It sure does Willie. It sure does. Too bad your track record sucks as bad as Aaron Heilman this year.

Herman Edwards did pretty well here and he won a couple of playoff [games], and they were pretty hard on Herm.

Willie. I hate you as the manager for my mets. And your statement above shows how dumb and clueless you really are. Herm Edwards was a terrible head coach. Terrible. Whatever success the Jets had was in spite of his coaching ability. He proved how lousy of a coach he was. And yet you think we were hard on him? The guy only had a job because of his skin color.

f@ck you Willie. f@ck you. I am done with you. You suck as a manager. You are terrible in getting your star players to play near their talent. You are terrible at strategy. You are terrible at managing your pitching staff.

How dare you blame SNY. They have probably the greatest producer in all of baseball working for them. The guy who does Fox saturday baseball. The guy who produces the world series year after year. And you are saying they are making you look bad?

You are a clueless schmuck. It has nothing to do with your skin color. It has to do with the fact that this team has underachieved every year since you've been manager. We didnt make it to the NLCS because of you stupid. We lost because of you. You were outmanaged. You suck. I dont want to wish ill on my team just so you're fired, but I will not be sad the day you are relieved of your duties.

Bob Davidson, home plate ump, screamed at Randolph to shut up. The manager let his bench coach, Jerry Manuel, take the hit. Randolph knew this second game with the Yanks was too important to watch on a clubhouse TV.

He let his bench coach take the hit? Seriously? Did he turn to Manuel and say, "hey, keep yelling and get ejected, then I'll take all the credit for it..." give me a f@cking break. Manuel yelled because he knows when Willie gets canned he is going to be interim manager.

"My track record speaks for itself," Randolph said.

It sure does Willie. It sure does. Too bad your track record sucks as bad as Aaron Heilman this year.

POTW Nomination (are we still doing that?)

It was sad to read what Willie said. I didn't think he was like that. Guess I stand corrected. Never once have I thought of Willie as the Mets black manager. He's just Willie Randolph, manager of the NY Mets. Like ALL managers in ANY sport...if you win , the people will love you. Willie's problem is that the Mets, with there huge payroll, are under acheiving. Simple as that. Couple this years slow start will last years total collapse and there's your pronblem. There's no "race" issue involved.

Willie's 'gut' moves are brilliant. Pinch hitting a one-legged Cliff Floyd in the most important at bat of the 2007 season was brilliant!

Keeping shawn green in the game late instead of replacing him for defense in the playoffs?! Another great 'gut' move by the brilliant and misunderstood manager of the mets.

Don't you see! Willie is such a good manager none of us can possiby understand his genius. He is so far above us in baseball intellect he can only speak to us in simple terms like 'my gut told me to do it'. He knows that is all we can understand.

We love you willie! May you manage here for another 20 years!

Archived