Jets the new Yankees of the NFL?

BigOrangeJetFan

So long collective bargaining. Hello irresponsible owners. Jerry Jones gets big, unshared bucks for Cowboy NFL franchise sales.

This now becomes Baseball II.

Pittsburgh Steelers become the Pirates.

Chiefs become the Royals.

Packers become the old Brewers.

No more balance.

Woody's got big bucks. Let's buy everybody, a la Steinbrenner.

Jet domination. Ha Ha...............

Today's news sucks.

They have 9 months to get a deal done to avoid an uncapped 2010 season and for all we know the owners may have a deal behind closed doors on a number not to go higher than in 2010, if that were to happen. Really, they could strike a deal anytime before Free Agency in 2010 that included the 2010 season having a cap.

I'm worried there won't be a cap for one season, because having a cap is something that makes the NFL great, much better than Baseball. Hopefully a deal is done and we don't have to see a year of garbage. But like I said, if we do have to deal with one uncapped year, I think the owners will have something agreed upon behind closed doors.

Oh, and the Giants have more $$$ than the Jets. They'd be the new Yankees for that one year if anything.

They have 9 months to get a deal done to avoid an uncapped 2010 season and for all we know the owners may have a deal behind closed doors on a number not to go higher than in 2010, if that were to happen. Really, they could strike a deal anytime before Free Agency in 2010 that included the 2010 season having a cap.

I'm worried there won't be a cap for one season, because having a cap is something that makes the NFL great, much better than Baseball. Hopefully a deal is done and we don't have to see a year of garbage. But like I said, if we do have to deal with one uncapped year, I think the owners will have something agreed upon behind closed doors.

Oh, and the Giants have more $$$ than the Jets. They'd be the new Yankees for that one year if anything.

Nah, those Giant owners are a little tight with the money!

So long collective bargaining. Hello irresponsible owners. Jerry Jones gets big, unshared bucks for Cowboy NFL franchise sales.

No more balance.

Today's news sucks.

Terrible post. Just terrible.

No more balance.

Today's news sucks.

I doubt the owners will allow the NFL not to have some kind of salary cap. If anything, the NFL will probably change to a soft cap like the NFL which is a compromise that would probably satisfy both sides (after a strike).

I doubt the owners will allow the NFL not to have some kind of salary cap. If anything, the NFL will probably change to a soft cap like the NFL which is a compromise that would probably satisfy both sides (after a strike).
I think you mean soft cap like the NBA. ;)

Archived