OTAs: Clemens Wins Day 8

dbatesman

Joe Montana was 37 when he was traded to KC and hadn't hardly played for the prior two seasons. Montana was injured/backup for two full seasons before they traded him.

Further, Montana was traded for the 18th overall pick, starting SS David Whitmore, and the Chiefs' 3rd round pick. SF would have been crazy to turn that offer down with Young tearing the league a new one for two dozen games those prior 2 years.

Bledsoe was 30 when he was traded to the Bills and was the starting QB that season until he got hurt (BB appropriately stuck with his hot hand).

Next, Bledsoe was on the hook for what was (then) the richest contract in NFL history. The NFL was well-entrenched in the salary cap era by that time. When Montana was traded prior to the 1993 season, there was no salary cap (it began in 1994).

Not at all the same thing.

And lastly, there is no way they would have traded Bledsoe for a 4th round pick. Kraft even turned down a 2nd rounder from the Bills (that would turn into a 1st rounder only if Bledsoe started at least 12 games and the Bills went to the playoffs).

No reason to let the facts get in the way this late in the game Gonzo. :P

No reason to let the facts get in the way this late in the game Gonzo. :P

If a fact hit you in the head you wouldn't know what is was.

Sperm made a good post and pointed out that I was wrong. Unlike you I can admit when I'm wrong.

I would rather hear that KC was winning because of great play from himself. It's bad news that he's winning because of weak competition.

Exactly, he only looked better than Chad becuase Chad sucked...

He cannot seperate himself and that is scary in itself...

Are you serious?

Yes.

When in the last 2 years have you heard... "Kellen looked great and is clearly the best QB on the team"

If Chad had a normal practice today... this would have never come up... and since Chad sucks... that means Kellen is having a hard time separating himself from a ****ty QB...

Its not rocket science Gainzo

Yes.

When in the last 2 years have you heard... "Kellen looked great and is clearly the best QB on the team"

If Chad had a normal practice today... this would have never come up... and since Chad sucks... that means Kellen is having a hard time separating himself from a ****ty QB...

For him it is.

Yes.

I heard that Kellen looked good last year. From Tony Siragusa after he stood on the sidelines and watched him play. The OLine was terrible last year. Kellen has another year and a better line (with a running game). I fully expect him to do good things.

I like how Chad gets break after break but we are ready to judge Kellen already.

I heard that Kellen looked good last year. From Tony Siragusa after he stood on the sidelines and watched him play. The OLine was terrible last year. Kellen has another year and a better line (with a running game). I fully expect him to do good things.

I like how Chad gets break after break but we are ready to judge Kellen already.

Chad came in and took this team to the playoffs and had 95% of JETS fans riding his jock during that offseason...

He showed real flashes of being good... Kellen has not shown anything that excites anybody yet...

I cant freaking wait... I hope Kellen is god... we shall see

Yes.

Maybe because Clemens only played last year?

Maybe because Clemens only played last year?

I am going based on the logic that CHAD SUCKS

Why cant Kellen stand out against him?

You cnat have it both ways... Kellen cant be a good young QB with a ton of upside that cant beat out an old washed up neverwas.

I am going based on the logic that CHAD SUCKS

Why cant Kellen stand out against him?

You cnat have it both ways... Kellen cant be a good young QB with a ton of upside that cant beat out an old washed up neverwas.

Who said Kellen can't beat him out? He did last year during the regular season. And it looks like he is the favorite to do it again.

Who said Kellen can't beat him out? He did last year during the regular season. And it looks like he is the favorite to do it again.

He did not beat him out last year... and if he did it sure wasnt a sure thing... thats why they are sharing snaps right now...

and sure he might get the starting job this year... but by inches nto miles...

and if Chad sucks as badly as you all say he does... then Kellen isnt all that great either...

the only people that are saying he can't beat him out are the impatient, the sports writers, and the talking heads. the people that don't matter.

Clemens is gonna win the Job, the same way Mangini is stubborn about the 3-4 (which looks good now) he will be stubborn about getting clemens in as the starter.

For the fact that he had no O-line he did pretty well. he got 3 wins, Kansas city had the same problem and Croyle got 0 wins. perspective guys.

lets be honest, before last year Chad was a good QB, not great but good. he looked horrible last year. Clemens should look awesome behind a good line.

Peyton Manning would look like garbage too with only 2.5 seconds to throw

Good o line play is essential for a QB to look good.

He did not beat him out last year... and if he did it sure wasnt a sure thing... thats why they are sharing snaps right now...

and if Chad sucks as badly as you all say he does... then Kellen isnt all that great either...

Well done Mister Spin. Give it up. Your opinion changes like the weather.

Dude, you're embarrassing yourself, AGAIN! don't you have any sense of honor? or pride?

Dude, you're embarrassing yourself, AGAIN! don't you have any sense of honor? or pride?

Quarterback A - Sucks, had one decent year, is washed up, has no arm

Quarterback B - Young, Good arm

WOuldnt it be a clear decision to just go with QB B?

What I am saying is...

Either Chad is better than you people say he is... OR Kellen sucks

Otherwise it makes NO sense to have a competition...

Quarterback A - Sucks, had one decent year, is washed up, has no arm

Quarterback B - Young, Good arm

WOuldnt it be a clear decision to just go with QB B?

What I am saying is...

Either Chad is better than you people say he is... OR Kellen sucks

Otherwise it makes NO sense to have a competition...

Mangini has a competition at every position. It is in the best interest of the team to foster that environment. Here is a real world example.

Two guys own hobby shops. The first owner has a guarantee to sell rockets at, ah -- nevermind. :)

Mangini has a competition at every position. It is in the best interest of the team to foster that environment. Here is a real world example.

Two guys own hobby shops. The first owner has a guarantee to sell rockets at, ah -- nevermind. :)

Really?

Who is competing for the Center position? How about Starting CB? How about FS? How about WR #1 and #2?

If Clemens was good he would easily beat Chad if Chad sucks... Otherwise they both suck or are both good...

Really?

Who is competing for the Center position? How about Starting CB? How about FS? How about WR #1 and #2?

If Clemens was good he would easily beat Chad if Chad sucks... Otherwise they both suck or are both good...

I hate to break the news to you but QB is the most important position.

Really?

Well now that The Garv is off the O-line I don't know.

Really?

Camp hasn't even started yet. They don't have on pads. They are splitting snaps and the beat reporters said that Chad did bad today. Relax man. It is going to be okay.

The staff could have their mind made up that Kellen is their guy. They aren't going to tell any of us that in May.

This is Chads 2nd offseason in a row where he doesnt have to rehab an injury. His arm will be twice as strong as it was last year. Not to mention Keller is the perfect TE for Chads awesome playaction fake. Chad will have a career year in 08' and deliver us a SB Championship! :Typotux:

This is Chads 2nd offseason in a row where he doesnt have to rehab an injury. His arm will be twice as strong as it was last year. Not to mention Keller is the perfect TE for Chads awesome playaction fake. Chad will have a career year in 08' and deliver us a SB Championship! :Typotux:
:cheergal:

The_Next_Dynasty_by_wallofstars.jpg

Archived