Red Sox will try to deal Manny, exec says

TaborJet

This whole thing is starting to actually piss me off. Leave it to the Sox FO to "pick" on a player that isn't capable of defending himself. The guy is intellectually retarded - I call him the idiot savant of hitting. Pure genius at the plate. Outside the batters box he is a CHILD. Serioulsy, more childish than EB....but with a boatload more money. HE HAS DONE THIS BEFORE! A YEARLY OCCURANCE FROM A MAN THAT CAN'T REALLY HANDLE FAME. AN IRRISPONSIBLE CHILD THAT DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES OF HIS ACTIONS. So why the backlash now? Luccino goes on radio this morning and basically throws the guy under the bus. What Luccino SHOULD have done was take the high road and say it is "an internal issue" and leave it at that. Luccino is an a$$hole, period. However, he felt the desire to take it to the airwaves to garner support and create a fanbase backlash against Manny. Intentional as hell. Good luck Sox, you just lost the division.

if I were the Sox I would trade him to a garbage team like KC or Colorado, teach the bastard a lesson

NO NO NO!!! Thats what he wants...dont trade him there whatever you do Theo.

This guy officially makes me want to throw up in a bucket after pulling this "Im not gonna play and you cant make me" crap. The only saving grace here is that he seems truly unhappy in Boston and we wont be able to trade him and nobody can afford him anyway...so I guess I'll live with him on my team knowing full well that he is miserable.

The prospect of that makes me smile.

This whole thing is starting to actually piss me off. Leave it to the Sox FO to "pick" on a player that isn't capable of defending himself. The guy is intellectually retarded - I call him the idiot savant of hitting. Pure genius at the plate. Outside the batters box he is a CHILD. Serioulsy, more childish than EB....but with a boatload more money. HE HAS DONE THIS BEFORE! A YEARLY OCCURANCE FROM A MAN THAT CAN'T REALLY HANDLE FAME. AN IRRISPONSIBLE CHILD THAT DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES OF HIS ACTIONS. So why the backlash now? Luccino goes on radio this morning and basically throws the guy under the bus. What Luccino SHOULD have done was take the high road and say it is "an internal issue" and leave it at that. Luccino is an a$$hole, period. However, he felt the desire to take it to the airwaves to garner support and create a fanbase backlash against Manny. Intentional as hell. Good luck Sox, you just lost the division.

Right...so the bottom line is what exactly Garb?

1. Some idiotic corporate entity manifested in a useless sports talk radio station is to blame for this drama?

2. It's Larry Lucchino's fault because he is the evil face of the go-go corporate takeover 1980s-era decadence and he is fulfilling some self-serving agenda? Youre just not sure what it is yet, right?

3. The illuminati is to blame since theyre pulling all our strings!!!

Whatever the case may be...Manny is an innocent bystander.

What I am saying is that Manny is not the only a$$hole here.

Laugh all you want - but there is a deal with devil between the Sox and WEEI. The media has become a powerful entity. Too powerful. Power corrupts. Egos blow up. Agenda's are made. People get hurt.

Nope. Judging from what you said Lucchino did, that's totally the right thing to do. You shouldn't take that kind of crap from your players no matter how good they are. Manny is a joke and it's about time the Red Sox ownership realized that and start to treat him like one.

Archived