Baker hurt at Mini Camp

jetsrule128

This is BS. Trying to force a trade. He's afraid to compete with Franks.

no kidding. As if any of us didn't see this one coming.

He tried to show what he could do in the early sessions then plays possum to buy himself more time to get his contract.

Since he is under contract and i highly doubt any other team would trade for him, what are the ramifications of just cutting him? I belive we still owe his salary...

What happens when you go half assed? You get hurt.

Exactly.

Great job Baker. Talk talk talk and the next day you can't even practice. Nice. You're really going to get a new deal that way, chump.

no kidding. As if any of us didn't see this one coming.

He tried to show what he could do in the early sessions then plays possum to buy himself more time to get his contract.

Since he is under contract and i highly doubt any other team would trade for him, what are the ramifications of just cutting him? I belive we still owe his salary...

Here's the problem with just cutting him. IMO Franks is a much better player then Baker, but has had a difficult time staying healthy the last two seasons, and that's the reason why he is a Jet right now. If Franks gets hurt again the Jets will then be in the same situation they were in with Kendall.

The rookie is not a true TE

BY DAVE HUTCHINSON

Star-Ledger Staff

Baker revealed he took pain-killing shots for his back on three separate occasions even though the team was 1-7 at the time of the first injection. He now says he would think twice before doing it again in light of the organization's hard-line stance in his contract dispute.

He has a chronic bad back? PAY HIM!!!!! PAY HIM!!!!!!

Archived