THE NEW JETS STADIUM: Season Tickets

BaumerJet

I don't know if anyone caught this on WWW.NEWYORKJETS.COM...

YOUR SEAT: Awash in Sights and Sounds

Published: 06-09-08

By Randy Lange

Editor-in-Chief

To paraphrase Shakespeare, the seat's the thing. Tell me all you want about getting your bod into the area and into the stadium, but how will it be getting your head into the game?

In a word, like never before. OK, that's three words, but you'll love it so much you'll lose count. Fans embraced the old Meadowlands layout, so we've replicated that comfortable bowl feeling, only we've made it better. You'll be immersed in football — the contest between the Green & White and the dastardly visitors in front of you, your senses awash in a dome of electricity generated by you and your fellow fans.

Enhancing the experience, four huge, high-definition videoboards will pulse all around you, and if you never saw more than a small triangle of each replay from your seats under the overhang, those gamedays are over. Meanwhile, the state-of-the-art sound system will make you feel as if Fireman Ed's on your shoulders as you chant the chant — all together now — J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

For those behind and around the goalposts, you'll be playing your own particular brand of zone defense. With general admission seats right down to the front row, the end zone will be a green wall of rabid fans. You've heard of the Dawg Pound and the Black Hole? Here's your opportunity to create the Green Mile, the Bermuda Triangle ... you'll come up with your own name. That is, if opposing offenses don't come up with something colorful first.

A major component of a great seat is how easy it is to get to and from said seat on forays to those all-important way stations. Food and drink? You won't have to go hunting for a hot dog, with eight times the number of concession stands than the old venue. And porcelain facilities, the bane of many a Jets fan's gameday existence since dear old Shea? With three times as many restrooms, relief and a return to action are always just around the bend.

Plus, with a little more elbow room in the twice-as-wide concourses, you might miss bumping into old friends. But on Jets gameday, that's a good thing.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/2229-your-seat-awash-in-sights-and-sounds

That's right fellow season ticket holders - IF YOUR SEAT IS A LOWER TIER ENDZONE, YOU ARE BEING MOVED TO A HIGHER PRICED PSL PRESSED SEAT!

This way the Jets/Giants can instruct their Season ticket holders that they are paying for "Premium Seats" and can give away the endzones to their business partner "TICKETMASTER!"

Funny thing about that, My old article way back in 2003 had an estimate of only 6,000 seats going to Tickemaster. It looks more like 10,000 - 15,000 seats will go "General Admission" (5,000 - 7,500 seats per endzone).

It confirms my signature as a statement to season ticket holders who have been there since the 80's... "Welcome to the new home of the New York Jets, too bad many won't be calling is home!"

Not saying your #s are wrong, but where do you see those #s? My impression is 1 side will be general admission.. they are comparing it to the Dawg Pound and the Black Hole.. well that's only 1 side of the field.

Still sucks if you're a ticket holder in that area. You're not necessarily being moved, unless a bunch of people (which is most likely going to happen) give up their tickets. If not enough people give up their seats, you're not being moved, you're being kicked out!

Not saying your #s are wrong, but where do you see those #s? My impression is 1 side will be general admission.. they are comparing it to the Dawg Pound and the Black Hole.. well that's only 1 side of the field.

Still sucks if you're a ticket holder in that area. You're not necessarily being moved, unless a bunch of people (which is most likely going to happen) give up their tickets. If not enough people give up their seats, you're not being moved, you're being kicked out!

You're going to be moved - there are 10,000 more seats in the new stadium.

The next move will probably be a reduction in season tickets that a season ticket holder can have, which will lower the total alotment...

Also:

"For those behind and around the goalposts"

That's plural not singular - that means BOTH SIDES!

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING...

The next move will probably be a reduction in season tickets that a season ticket holder can have, which will lower the total alotment...

Also:

That's plural not singular - that means BOTH SIDES!

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING...

I didn't know about the xtra seats, because I assumed a lot of those extra 10K went to luxury boxes.

I wouldn't read too much into an S at the end of the word. You could be right or wrong, but I wouldn't judge it on that.

i never really got the "change is bad" vibe or the "woody is out to screw the fans" vibe about the new stadium

having any general admission at all is a great thing. It assures the crowds stay a little rowdy, not totally corporate.

let's be real in terms of supply and demand woody could have put 5k PSLs minimum on every seat and the market would have snapped it up.

as for this particular situation I'd be willing to bet they move season ticket holders who don't want to pay a PSL to a different location such as uppers or corners where no PSL.

i never really got the "change is bad" vibe or the "woody is out to screw the fans" vibe about the new stadium

having any general admission at all is a great thing. It assures the crowds stay a little rowdy, not totally corporate.

let's be real in terms of supply and demand woody could have put 5k PSLs minimum on every seat and the market would have snapped it up.

as for this particular situation I'd be willing to bet they move season ticket holders who don't want to pay a PSL to a different location such as uppers or corners where no PSL.

I sit in the 300"s, so your saying there's no PSL's up there? Doesent make sense.

BTW: How is there 10,000 news seats?

It currently seats 80,242 and is going to 82,500 most of which will be in the hundreds of new box seats.

BZ

It currently seats 80,242 and is going to 82,500 most of which will be in the hundreds of new box seats.

BZ

Yes I wasn't sure where the 10,000 new seats came from. That # confused me as well.

Why is nobody picking up on the 3 times the bathrooms line?

Isn't that a reason to rejoice?

BZ

Wider concourses!!!

I want to be excited about this stadium. I just fear the worst. I fear that I won't be able to afford it. If I am there, I am sure I will love it -- it does look nice.

BZ

Actually, if we use the old stadium as a rule:

3 sections in each endzone will make up the "Green ZONE"

Rows 41-20: 40 seats per row times 3 sections = 2,706

Rows 19-10: 38 seats per row times 3 sections = 1,140

Rows 09-05: 36 seats per row times 3 secitons = 0,540

Rows 04-01: 34 seats per row times 3 sections = 0,510

Total general admission seats with 2 endzones = 9,792

With a larger stadium, the numbers can be increased to between 10,000-15,000 seats by adding additional sections of the endzone area...

... and since the organization has taken into account that not many will be able to afford the PSL's, they can limit the amount of introductory season tickets to 4 per group - which would make space available...

... that and the fact that they may limit the amount of season tickets in the transition to four anyway...

Wider concourses!!!

I want to be excited about this stadium. I just fear the worst. I fear that I won't be able to afford it. If I am there, I am sure I will love it -- it does look nice.

If you can't afford it and can't go and if nobody else offers you better tickets, you can come with me! :)

BZ

Actually, if we use the old stadium as a rule:

3 sections in each endzone will make up the "Green ZONE"

Rows 41-20: 40 seats per row times 3 sections = 2,706

Rows 19-10: 38 seats per row times 3 sections = 1,140

Rows 09-05: 36 seats per row times 3 secitons = 0,540

Rows 04-01: 34 seats per row times 3 sections = 0,510

Total general admission seats with 2 endzones = 9,792

With a larger stadium, the numbers can be increased to between 10,000-15,000 seats by adding additional sections of the endzone area...

... and since the organization has taken into account that not many will be able to afford the PSL's, they can limit the amount of introductory season tickets to 4 per group - which would make space available...

... that and the fact that they may limit the amount of season tickets in the transition to four anyway...

Right, but that is not what you said. You said that there were over 10,000 new seats which isn't true.

What you are saying now is they are going to expand the amount of general admission seats, which I don't see the logic in doing.

BZ

I am a huge Randy Lange fan and I know he has a tough transition covering the team for a paper and then for the Jets. Obviously he has to be rah-rah. But one thing that rubs me the wrong way is that Randy should have released this article through his blog. So people had the opportunity to comment on it.

Price is the thing. All this stuff will be great, if I can afford it. If I am watching it all on tv I don't think I will care much about any of it.

What you are saying now is they are going to expand the amount of general admission seats, which I don't see the logic in doing.

BZ

It's a pure PR move. Put all the rowdies in each endzone and have the rest of the place buying PSL's and season tickets.

I must admit that it's a great marketing plan by the Jets.

When the Jets roll out the PSL's they cant be accused of ignoring the "common" fan. Absolutely brilliant.

All speculation and rumours at this point.I dont see the new stadium as being season ticket holder friendly to anyone.Its gonna be all about recouping the money spent to build the stadium as quickly as humanly possible.The NYJETS and the MEADOWLANDS know if you wont pay someone else will. They want this place to be all about PROFIT as fast as they can.

Ticket prices will increase plus add PSLs. ( Every seat in the house)

Concession prices will rise.

Parking fees will increase.

Its all coming soon.

I sit in the 300"s, so your saying there's no PSL's up there? Doesent make sense.

If we look at the new mailer - the only areas shaded are 100s between the 20s and 200s between the 20s - these are the so-called Coach's club and East/West Clubs.

Im not saying the rest of the stadium DOESN't Have PSLs (possible but unlikely) but they might use a staggerred system where Daddy Warbucks on the 50 yard line pays 5 figures (or even 6 figures) for a premium PSL but Joe Q Public in the 300s pays a nominal fee of 1k-3k... or nothing at all. If they stagger the lower and mid level PSLs right they can squeeze alot of revenue out of the best seats in the house. This is the cowboys' new stadium model.

And don't worry even if you are flat broke i'd bet money they will offer some sort of Capital One Jets credit card where you can pay off the PSL over time. that's what the eagles did for their PSLs

If we look at the new mailer - the only areas shaded are 100s between the 20s and 200s between the 20s - these are the so-called Coach's club and East/West Clubs.

Im not saying the rest of the stadium DOESN't Have PSLs (possible but unlikely) but they might use a staggerred system where Daddy Warbucks on the 50 yard line pays 5 figures (or even 6 figures) for a premium PSL but Joe Q Public in the 300s pays a nominal fee of 1k-3k... or nothing at all. If they stagger the lower and mid level PSLs right they can squeeze alot of revenue out of the best seats in the house. This is the cowboys' new stadium model.

And don't worry even if you are flat broke i'd bet money they will offer some sort of Capital One Jets credit card where you can pay off the PSL over time. that's what the eagles did for their PSLs

Why do you think that there wont be PSL's in the rest of the Stadium?

Leaving the endzone will suck, but until I know that I can afford whatever the PSL is going to be, I'm not going to worry. If I can, I'll enjoy a 20 yard line seat.

20 yard line might be possible. If you are okay with row 39 in the upper level.

Right, but that is not what you said. You said that there were over 10,000 new seats which isn't true.

BZ

But there will be - If there weren't the Jets would have never allowed Lange to write that article - It's a matter of semantics. There will be 10,000+ new seats available - it's all from who no longer gets seats prior to introduction of the PSL's that will put it in perspective...

It's a power play with Ticketmaster. The Jets & Giants can in truth get more money in selling a little less than 13% of the total stadium seats based on Guaranteed sales profits & overall revenue (advertising).

In the same way those who are not season ticket holders can be given the opportunity to be a part of the game (which in reality is a gentile way of shutting up those against the construction of the combined stadium & the cost to the NJ taxpayer based on the PILOT programs) - But I digress..

This has nothing to do with what is good for the season ticket holder - It has everything to do with making more money!

BZ, if you can't see that, you deserve to lose all of your PSL investments by playing a part of "little Woody's" Sheep!

This has nothing to do with what is good for the season ticket holder - It has everything to do with making more money!

When has anything been about what's good for the season ticket holder?

People have these odd feelings that they have some sort of guarunteed rights in these situations - we don't.

This is the NY Jets stadium not the consitution of the USA, there is no bill of rights protecting the season ticket holder... nor should there be.

Why do you think that there wont be PSL's in the rest of the Stadium?

looking at other stadiums around the league there's simply not that much demand for a PSL on a 300 level corner seat. It's about supply and demand and while the supply of total seats is finite the supply of really great seats is even smaller and the demand is far higher for those seats.

Put it another way the guy who is willing to pay 25,000$ for a PSL on the lower level 50 yard line might not be willing to pay 1,000$ for a PSL in the uppers - he obviously can afford it, the question is will he want it? That's like asking does a rich man want Mcdonald's instead of Prime rib just because the steakhouse is closed - McD is cheaper and he can obviously afford it more - the answer is unlikely. It's a different market altogether.

like i said I don't know that there won't be PSLs on certain seats but even if NYJ puts a PSL on every seat in the building the team is not going to be able to charge the moon and the stars for the rights to buy tickets on a below average seat. Let's imagine these PSLs to be a nominal fee, between 1-3 thousand dollars. For most season ticket holders that's a very doable one time fee.

20 yard line might be possible. If you are okay with row 39 in the upper level.

Sorry, but they won't be moving us to the Upper Level, they'll be keeping us in the Lower Bowl on a yard line.

I had heard a while back the G-MEN would be releaseing their offcial PSL #`s some time around mid-june this year ,so we should be hearing something in the next week or 2 I guess then the $#!+ should hit the fan!

The sooner, the better.

For me, the more time to save up the easier it will be to do. I have a PSL savings account all ready started! :)

BZ

The sooner, the better.

For me, the more time to save up the easier it will be to do. I have a PSL savings account all ready started! :)

BZ

I had saved up also.I saved $20,000 figuring 4 seats,$5000 each.Then the 2008 renewal letter came.Balance due $3204.00......................................................

I started thinking is this really worth it.I could buy tickets to any game online probably get better seats than mine(4 uppers) I wouldnt have to waste $640 on preseason.

I gave them up.Yes I sometimes regret my decision but the account has now grown to $23,204.00 plus interest as I added the money for the season ticket price.

I just cant see giving any organization hard earned money for a PERSONAL SEAT LICENSE.This money will not garner any interest or be tax deductable sorry.

I had saved up also.I saved $20,000 figuring 4 seats,$5000 each.Then the 2008 renewal letter came.Balance due $3204.00......................................................

I started thinking is this really worth it.I could buy tickets to any game online probably get better seats than mine(4 uppers) I wouldnt have to waste $640 on preseason.

I gave them up.Yes I sometimes regret my decision but the account has now grown to $23,204.00 plus interest as I added the money for the season ticket price.

I just cant see giving any organization hard earned money for a PERSONAL SEAT LICENSE.This money will not garner any interest or be tax deductable sorry.

That's what I told my dad. I said we only go to like 5 games, so if its too expensive just buy tickets to some games, andwe sit in the uppers so i said we wouldcould buy better seats each game. Then i said for the playoffs just buy tikets from raZORGATOR.

But he seems to just want the seasons.

Archived