Exhaustion!!

Boozer76

OK, getting down to crunch time with the baby to be and my wife is back on bedrest orders. So far in just over a week I have:

taped walls and painted the nursery

taped walls and painted the hallway, stairwell, and upstairs hallway

taped walls and painted our master bedroom

Assembled a very heavy and huge crib

Assembled 2 very heavy dressers.

Assembled pack and play

assembled stroller

installed carseat bases

assembled glider chair

assembled bassinet

assembled swing

assembled a new bench/toy storage for our family room (what a b%tch for such a small piece of furniture)

completely cleaned out the crap in the garage and took it to the town dump to make room for more crap to be stored in it

thoroughly cleaned our guest bathroom and tub where we will bathe our son

thoroughly cleaned to entire house, vacuuming, dusting, mopping toilets, tubs, sinks(even moving furniture to get to those hidden tumbleweeds from my beloved dog)

packed a to go bag to take to the hospital

cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner and basically wait hand and foot on my bedridden wife daily

made about 1000 trips to babies r' us, shoprite, home depot, and target for various bullsh!t that my wife thinks is dire necessities

and about a million other things I can't think of.

AND I STILL HAVEN'T BEEN LAID IN ALMOST 210 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

What have I missed...............

You're a good guy, Boozer.

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought you got your first nookie in 210 days.

:rl:

There will be no exhaustion when I finally get some as I suspect lasting more than 12 seconds would be miraculous after this long. ;)

There will be no exhaustion when I finally get some as I suspect lasting more than 12 seconds would be miraculous after this long. ;)

Pray for a cesarian, otherwise your world is going to change if she has it the good 'ole fashioned way. If ya know what I mean. :deshade:

Pray for a cesarian, otherwise your world is going to change if she has it the good 'ole fashioned way. If ya know what I mean. :deshade:

My step brother's and his wife just had a daughter 6 months ago. She had it the natural way. He told me sex feels like he's ringing the dinner bell!!

:rl:

OK, getting down to crunch time with the baby to be and my wife is back on bedrest orders. So far in just over a week I have:

Assembled pack and play

assembled stroller

installed carseat bases

assembled glider chair

assembled bassinet

assembled swing

assembled a new bench/toy storage for our family room (what a b%tch for such a small piece of furniture)

completely cleaned out the crap in the garage and took it to the town dump to make room for more crap to be stored in it

thoroughly cleaned to entire house, vacuuming, dusting, mopping toilets, tubs, sinks(even moving furniture to get to those hidden tumbleweeds from my beloved dog)

cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner and basically wait hand and foot on my bedridden wife daily

made about 1000 trips to babies r' us, shoprite, home depot, and target for various bullsh!t that my wife thinks is dire necessities

OK, now that I read this a second time.... I'm laughing my ass off. My sister had her twins back on Christmas and they had double this. With all the college degrees and tools and brains, we all got frustrated and laughed while we allowed these seemingly simply tasks to totally kick our asses. Batteries are the LEAST of your worries.

I won't forget the multiple trip to BabiesRUs and ByeByeBaby... most memorable, was when she was trying to pick out a glider. A ****ing GLIDER??? My mom was with us and she was like, "Hell, I sat on a hard kitchen chair and you want at $700 glider?!!" LOL. Anyway, it was 1-1/2 hours of sitting in 70+ chairs and I was getting pissed. My usually highly intense sister was very calm, so I couldn't actually spoil this joy could I. I went to hide in the toy section and recited rhymes with Elmo.

But I want to know, WHY are you doing all this extra work in the hallway and master bedroom? She trying to kill you? I guess you both needed it done NOW cuz you are smart and know there will not be time in the next 8-12 years to get that done. At least until the kid can hold a paint brush. :P

Did you go to the police station for the car seat? They will install for you OR check to ensure you have installed the seat properly. Since my sister's twins were under 5 lbs, it was required that the police station install them and sign off on a certificate before the hospital released them. Who knew.

It's fun and exciting! Enjoy it. :baby:

OK, now that I read this a second time.... I'm laughing my ass off. My sister had her twins back on Christmas and they had double this. With all the college degrees and tools and brains, we all got frustrated and laughed while we allowed these seemingly simply tasks to totally kick our asses. Batteries are the LEAST of your worries.

I won't forget the multiple trip to BabiesRUs and ByeByeBaby... most memorable, was when she was trying to pick out a glider. A ****ing GLIDER??? My mom was with us and she was like, "Hell, I sat on a hard kitchen chair and you want at $700 glider?!!" LOL. Anyway, it was 1-1/2 hours of sitting in 70+ chairs and I was getting pissed. My usually highly intense sister was very calm, so I couldn't actually spoil this joy could I. I went to hide in the toy section and recited rhymes with Elmo.

But I want to know, WHY are you doing all this extra work in the hallway and master bedroom? She trying to kill you? I guess you both needed it done NOW cuz you are smart and know there will not be time in the next 8-12 years to get that done. At least until the kid can hold a paint brush. :P

Did you go to the police station for the car seat? They will install for you OR check to ensure you have installed the seat properly. Since my sister's twins were under 5 lbs, it was required that the police station install them and sign off on a certificate before the hospital released them. Who knew.

It's fun and exciting! Enjoy it. :baby:

Painted our bedroom and hallways because it was badly needed, and as you said I knew I'd have no chance after he is born. As for the car seats, I had no idea about that! Thank you, I will bring them down to the station tomorrow.

Assembled pack and play

assembled stroller

installed carseat bases

assembled glider chair

assembled bassinet

assembled swing

Hasn't your penis got you in enough trouble? Shut you mouth,do your chores and be thankful she doesn't bite it off in your sleep.

Assembled pack and play

assembled stroller

installed carseat bases

assembled glider chair

assembled bassinet

assembled swing

What have I missed ...............

sex?

lol... that is fiction for a lot of women... i dont know where that comes from ( no pun intended) i have heard that before.. but it aint the truth :baby:

sorry b76.. but dont worry.. good chance that things will snap back :D after a bit!

lol... that is fiction for a lot of women... i dont know where that comes from ( no pun intended) i have heard that before.. but it aint the truth :baby:

sorry b76.. but dont worry.. good chance that things will snap back :D after a bit!

Eh, I may not have had a baby but I have friends and um... yeah, it can happen! Probably not with one child, but two or more... yeah.

Fiction for women.... Reality for men! :shutit:

Eh, I may not have had a baby but I have friends and um... yeah, it can happen! Probably not with one child, but two or more... yeah.

well i only have one kid, so that is my only experience :D

i am sorry for your friends.

Hey just so all those women out there know, theres been a new invention out there called a Condom. Sometimes its good to use those. :P

well i only have one kid, so that is my only experience :D

i am sorry for your friends.

Well, apparently my friends with kids are enjoying rather fulfilling sex lives... one has 6 kids.. yes folks, 6. And um, she's having a grand old time.

How did Boozer's stepbrother put it .... "it's like ringing the dinner bell" that was funny, but hopefully an exaggeration after one kid. Everyone is different.

Well, apparently my friends with kids are enjoying rather fulfilling sex lives... one has 6 kids.. yes folks, 6. And um, she's having a grand old time.

How did Boozer's stepbrother put it .... "it's like ringing the dinner bell" that was funny, but hopefully an exaggeration after one kid. Everyone is different.

i think your friend who has six kids should just be appluaded for having sex!! :yahoo:

that is truth, Mrs.T, everyone is different! :)

omg! I can't even imagine the crap i would catch for saying what the women in this thread are saying, lol!!!

Oh, give me a break joebaby! Unless my memory is wrong, I think the crap you catch is more around your career and profession... not so much what you post on JN. And for the record, I rarely come down on any of the men here... to each his own. I'd have to be really pissed (and/or drinking!) to give anyone crap on JN.

So... what is 124 suggesting with his post...? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Oh, give me a break joebaby! Unless my memory is wrong, I think the crap you catch is more around your career and profession... not so much what you post on JN. And for the record, I rarely come down on any of the men here... to each his own. I'd have to be really pissed (and/or drinking!) to give anyone crap on JN.

So... what is 124 suggesting with his post...? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Well there's no point in even trying with the mods. :box:

Assembled pack and play

assembled stroller

installed carseat bases

assembled glider chair

assembled bassinet

assembled swing

Assembly included is always best. Or at least shop places where they'll assemble it for you. My son saved up for an electric Razor minibike from TRU, and the guy explained assemly in store would cost $25 and take 2 days. It wasn't even a decision, and $25 beats the hell out of building the damn thing and sweating my balls off while cursing at top volume. And it not working, of having extra parts everywhere.

Anyone that would shop at Ikea has to be nuts. All that assembly is a waste of freaking time. Unless breaking cheap wood furniture and stripping screws is fun to you.

Get sleep; you will need it. Healthy and happy all around, and good luck.

Archived