Favre is greeted at City hall by Bloomberg

faba

New York mayor introduces Favre at City Hall

Associated Press

Updated: August 8, 2008, 11:16 AM ET

NEW YORK -- Brett Favre has touched down in New York, and is already rubbing elbows with the city's top official.

Favre, the New York Jets' newest quarterback, was introduced to the city by Mayor Michael Bloomberg at a packed City Hall news conference Friday.

A wide-eyed Favre walked into the Blue Room and was greeted by dozens of flashing camera lights. He got a number of gifts from Bloomberg, including a couple of cheesecakes.

The Jets acquired Favre from the Green Bay Packers for a conditional draft pick late Wednesday night. He was with the team for its preseason-opening victory at Cleveland, flew into town early Friday morning and quickly popped in for a visit to City Hall.

Everyone is really a Jets fan, it's just the franchise never gives most people a reason to really cheer about it. As soon as we do something good, it's big news for everyone. I still think that when the Jets win a Super Bowl, the celebration will be a lot bigger and longer than anything aside from the Yankees (nobody cares about the Mets or Knicks either).

New York mayor introduces Favre at City Hall

Associated Press

Updated: August 8, 2008, 11:16 AM ET

NEW YORK -- Brett Favre has touched down in New York, and is already rubbing elbows with the city's top official.

Favre, the New York Jets' newest quarterback, was introduced to the city by Mayor Michael Bloomberg at a packed City Hall news conference Friday.

A wide-eyed Favre walked into the Blue Room and was greeted by dozens of flashing camera lights. He got a number of gifts from Bloomberg, including a couple of cheesecakes.

The Jets acquired Favre from the Green Bay Packers for a conditional draft pick late Wednesday night. He was with the team for its preseason-opening victory at Cleveland, flew into town early Friday morning and quickly popped in for a visit to City Hall.

Favre doesn't look like he needs the cheesecakes.

This signing is going to end SOOOOO badly.

I fear that, too. I keep remembering Art Monk and Ronnie Lott. My brother compared it to Boomer Esiason and Neil O'Donnell.

I hope we're all wrong. If Favre still has it, this could be exciting.

I fear that, too. I keep remembering Art Monk and Ronnie Lott. My brother compared it to Boomer Esiason and Neil O'Donnell.

I hope we're all wrong. If Favre still has it, this could be exciting.

tannenbaum seems to be the only guy he's comfortable around. he's a locker room guy though. a players player. He was great from what I saw on the sidelines last night.

I don't think he enjoys being paraded around nyc though. that ceremony was tacky.

lets get on with it.

I think it was a day or two before it came out that he was coming to the Jets and I

posted if he did it would be a circus. some guys came on and said if would be

good for the Jets.

Bull, he needed this at city hall like a hole in the head. He should have been out

at Hofstra learning the play book. They will be pulling him apart for weeks and

they will have media types lined up 5 deep to talk to him every day.

Someone on the Jets is going to have to put a stop to this.

As negative as I have been with the Jets and their past I am going to go out on a limb and say Brett is going to do very well here. I think this is the last day of the circus and from here on out he will focused. It is not like he will be hitting the night life or anything he likes to be at home. This is not a Vinny or Boomer this guy can actually get it done at a high level and will do so.

Archived