Home opener throwback uniforms

TaborJet

I may be splitting hairs here, but I got to thinking. The Jets will wear the Titans throwback uniforms for the home opener this year.

While I like the throwback unis, and I think they have their small place in the Jets annual plans now, I was not thrilled to hear they would wear them for the opener vs. the Pats. (this thought came prior to the Favre signing)

Don't you think the fans deserve to see the Jets run out of the tunnel wearing the green & white that we love? And now especially with Favre leading the way?

Am I crazy here? There will be fireworks, flyovers, the fans will be pumped up, it's Jets vs. Pats, it's been a long offseason....and out marches the Titans?

So many Favre jerseys were sold on the Jets official website in the past two days that their server had a meltdown. I'm confident in saying that the jerseys sold were some variation of green & white.

Save the throwbacks for the Cardinals game, or maybe the Bengals later in the season. But I want to see Favre, Gholston, Keller, Revis, Rhodes, Mangold, etc. in Jets green when they take the field September 14th.

reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Jets#Logos_and_uniforms

I agree with you Tabor....Gang Green should be..well, um Green!! I do like the Titans throwbacks...I have one of my own, but yeah for the home opener (and the arrival of Favre in front of the home crowd) Green and White would seem like the best choice.

Bottom line though, I hope they win!!

TaborJet, the Titans of NY uniforms will be worn for two games: The home opener against New England and the third game against Cincinnati.

Also, you can feel free to purchase your Brett Favre Titans of NY jersey at the Jets Shop.

- Woody Johnson.

It also sounds like in the game against Cinci, they will be wearing a more updated version of the Titans unis, from the eary 60's.

One more to add to your collection, CHA CHING!!! :D

Where'd you hear that?

The only thing I heard was that in 2009 they'll be breaking out the road white Titans uniforms.

Those uniforms suck dick you cant even read the numbers to see who the player even is... they're so ugly and its sad how the first game brett plays infront of a sold out home opener its going to be in blue and gold wtf? Im def not looking forward to opening day anymore

I hate those Titan unis.

Now I know how Charger fans feel when they see LT in powder blue.

I like the Chargers powder blue uni's. So much so that I wish that were their colors all season. Nice SoCal flavor to them.

I can't believe how many loser patsy fans post here.

Only thing Beantown losers have to live for is measuring themselves up to NYers. Sadly the place they hate the most has the measuring stick for their sad little existence.

Ever been to a Patsie Board?

"Brady is wicked cool. Towm Brady is Gawd... Bellicheck doesn't cheat, he's just wicked smart, everyone else are losahs..."

Even for them there is only so much of that they can stomach. These sheeple need to interact with others to truly spread their wings and be the @ssh0les they actually are. Best to just ignore them. Otherwise you are just encouraging them.

Only thing Beantown losers have to live for is measuring themselves up to NYers. Sadly the place they hate the most has the measuring stick for their sad little existence.

"Brady is wicked cool. Towm Brady is Gawd... Bellicheck doesn't cheat, he's just wicked smart, everyone else are losahs..."

Even for them there is only so much of that they can stomach. These sheeple need to interact with others to truly spread their wings and be the @ssh0les they actually are. Best to just ignore them. Otherwise you are just encouraging them.

OR do what I do, treat their posts like the piles of **** they are and post whatever nonsense is on your mind at the time in response. I was singing rock and roll high school to that pats reign troll before. I'm sure that threw him off of his troll game.

I would never go to a patsy board, why in the world would I visit a bunch of losers.

You are so right, the fact that they come here, is just further proof of what douche nozzles they are, they are so weak they get sick of eachother and flock here like mosquitos.

I ignore them for the most part, but every once in a while I like to tell them what a garbage waste they are.

It's pathetic, I don't even like those Michigan ripoff uniforms.

Not only are the uniforms ugly, technically the old Titans don't have any connection with the New York Jets!

Way back when, I read a book on the early years of the American Football League. The owner of the New York franchise, Harry Wismer, was dismally over his head in trying to run the team-he handled the season ticket purchases on the kitchen table of his New York apartment! He was the joke of the New York sports community, even more so than the early New York Mets, who couldn't play baseball but at least had people running the organization who knew what they were doing.

Not only were the Titans lousy on the field, the organization part was so woeful the team went under. When Sonny Werblin came along, he agreed to start a new New York AFL franchise under the following conditions:

A. The American Football League absorbs the old Titans

B. Once Werblin started his new team, the Jets, he would be allowed to purchase the contracts of the Titans players.

Werblin explained the reason he insisted it be done this way was that Wismer was so bad in keeping records that anybody could come out from anywhere and claim the Titans owed them money, and any new Titans owner would have no paperwork to prove he didn't. So Werblin made sure his new team had NO connection with the old Titans.

The Jets really were a new team in 1963, they had no connections with the old Titans outside purchasing the contracts of the players, so I really don't see why those stupid uniforms are being brought back. It was a different team.

Archived