My apology post.....

lancemehl

This is my official apology to Brett Favre and the Jets. I preached that you should root for your starter,period.

I'm a Jets fan.

Plus, I just moved back home,(Bronx,NY)and listening to sports radio, I'm getting pumped!

I think it was classless the way they did Chad, BUT I'm over it. Now Coles needs to get over it and we both need to realize that we got a legend at QB.

I can't wait to see #4 in action. All I hope is:

1. Coles and the rest change their tune once they get hit in stride 30 yards downfield.

2. The fins suck at every position but QB.

3. Favre has another 2007 in him.

4. Mangini and Shotty let Brett be Brett.

And I maintain:

We have the one of the best Defenses in the league.

Let's play ball! Go # 4!Stay Healthy.

Plus I looked at Favre's numbers from last year! LOL One more time,Brett!

Found that missing bottle of meds under the couch cushion eh?

I never lose my meds.

No, I didn't expect a parade. Like I said, It's an "apology" post. I was rooting for Chad, I thought he was a class act and I love a guy to beat all odds. Plus, I thought we had just the DEFENSE to do it! I love our D.

BUT, I moved back home to NY this year and after listening to REAL analysis, plus the NUMBERS!lol I simply realized that I was not seeing the obvious.

We just got a guy who, at 38 just went 13-3 with IMO less talent around him thatn Coles, Cotch, his budy Franks, Keler,Leon...etc

A guy who threw for 4,000 yards 28 TD's 66% comp .

Vinny did it for us at 38 and he can't hold Favre Jock strap. Elway did it at the same age.

We traded a question mark( who I was rooting for with all my heart), for a SUPERSTAR!

Chad's a fin, that's life. But 1,700 yrds vs. 4,100.

I was wrong. I posted knee jerk and nothing has had me more excited that to see #4 tonight, even for a flash!

Coles is pouting, like me, but wait until he' not running 20 yard routes for nothing. Wait until he sprints upfield and instead of turning around and watching the punting unit come in, he turns around and a bullet hits him in the chest. He'll be fine.

We are a MUCH better team with Brett Favre than Chad. I admit, I was wrong.

Now bash me and call me names(douchebag was my favorite, lol) but that's that.

One side arm,scrambling 30 yard strike will end all.

Hate me or not, that's my take.

I never lose my meds.

No, I didn't expect a parade. Like I said, It's an "apology" post. I was rooting for Chad, I thought he was a class act and I love a guy to beat all odds. Plus, I thought we had just the DEFENSE to do it! I love our D.

BUT, I moved back home to NY this year and after listening to REAL analysis, plus the NUMBERS!lol I simply realized that I was not seeing the obvious.

We just got a guy who, at 38 just went 13-3 with IMO less talent around him thatn Coles, Cotch, his budy Franks, Keler,Leon...etc

A guy who threw for 4,000 yards 28 TD's 66% comp .

Vinny did it for us at 38 and he can't hold Favre Jock strap. Elway did it at the same age.

We traded a question mark( who I was rooting for with all my heart), for a SUPERSTAR!

Chad's a fin, that's life. But 1,700 yrds vs. 4,100.

I was wrong. I posted knee jerk and nothing has had me more excited that to see #4 tonight, even for a flash!

Coles is pouting, like me, but wait until he' not running 20 yard routes for nothing. Wait until he sprints upfield and instead of turning around and watching the punting unit come in, he turns around and a bullet hits him in the chest. He'll be fine.

We are a MUCH better team with Brett Favre than Chad. I admit, I was wrong.

Now bash me and call me names(douchebag was my favorite, lol) but that's that.

One side arm,scrambling 30 yard strike will end all.

Hate me or not, that's my take.

If you are wrong in your analysis, so are a lot of us. Doesn't matter how you got there. Let's enjoy the season. It should be exciting.

4. Mangini and Shotty let Brett be Brett.

This is exactly what I don't want to see from the Jets this season. Letting 'Brett be Brett' means letting him hurl it here there and everywhere. IMO we're much better off doing what worked best for the Packers last season. Using a lot of short passes and letting the WR's do a lot of the work after the catch. We also better utilize what should be a much stronger running game much more often. We shouldn't ask too much of Favre, I'm not saying he should be a game manager or anything, I just don't want to see the 'gunslinger' slinging 25 INT's this season.

This is exactly what I don't want to see from the Jets this season. Letting 'Brett be Brett' means letting him hurl it here there and everywhere. IMO we're much better off doing what worked best for the Packers last season. Using a lot of short passes and letting the WR's do a lot of the work after the catch. We also better utilize what should be a much stronger running game much more often. We shouldn't ask too much of Favre, I'm not saying he should be a game manager or anything, I just don't want to see the 'gunslinger' slinging 25 INT's this season.

His average is far closer to 15 INTs. He's throw for over 20 INTs only 5 times in his career, out of 17 years. And one of those was in his second full year as a starter, which you can pretty much ignore. Two other times he had 30+ TDs to go along with it, which balances it out fairly well.

Letting Brett be Brett, then, probably means about 28 TD, 18 INT a year. In actuality, since the first few years aren't really indicative, it should be higher TD lower INT. Chad Pennington throws almost the same INT, but is allegedly accurrate, and half the TD. I'd much rather have Favre's roughly double TD input and a few more INTs.

Stop buying into the media hype. It's just total exaggeration. We need to be far more worried about whether Favre is too old and can't throw TDs than to worry about some media manufactured INT problem. In 2006 he managed a very Chad like 18 TD 18 INT, that Favre is worthless to us. 2005 was 20 TD 29 INT, that Favre was clearly pretty awful. If we use just the past 5 years, the averages are 26 TD 20 INT, that's including the monster 29 INT season. Again, still better than what we had, and not as terrible as people are trying to make it seem.

Personally I think with the talent on this team, and the coaching, Favre will have his lowest INT output ever. With the current rules and environment, during the regular season, QBs are throwing less INTs. I expect 38 TD 12 INT out of Favre this year, those are my official predictions. 11-13 Wins total, I guess I'll go with 12 as my official win total. Possibility of winning the division but I kind of doubt it, but I can see us, if we get hot, going all the way.

Archived