Yankees - Sox This Week

Maxman

I didn't look, anyone know the pitching matchups? I am going to the game on Thursday, I think Mussina is pitching for the Yankees that day. Not sure about the others.

Time is running out for the Yankees, they have to get something done soon if they have big plans for October.

I didn't look, anyone know the pitching matchups? I am going to the game on Thursday, I think Mussina is pitching for the Yankees that day. Not sure about the others.

Time is running out for the Yankees, they have to get something done soon if they have big plans for October.

Boston Red Sox

Tue, Aug 26 7:05 pm EDT A. Pettitte vs. T. Wakefield

Wed, Aug 27 7:05 pm EDT S. Ponson vs. P. Byrd

Thu, Aug 28 1:05 pm EDT M. Mussina vs. J. Lester

Could not have worked out any better for the Yankees

This is their moment of truth.

If the sweep the series then they are right back in the hunt. Boston has not been a very good team on the road this season so they have a shot.

The Yanks are also going to need some help from Seattle who hosts Minnesota this week.

Getting the sweep in Baltimore was big for them. If they have anything left in the tank then it has to be now.

Boston Red Sox

Tue, Aug 26 7:05 pm EDT A. Pettitte vs. T. Wakefield

Wed, Aug 27 7:05 pm EDT S. Ponson vs. P. Byrd

Thu, Aug 28 1:05 pm EDT M. Mussina vs. J. Lester

Could not have worked out any better for the Yankees

Yankees have the pitching match-ups that could be beneficial. You throw out Ponson against Byrd who hasn't been anything great. It will be interesting to see how Wakes comes back from the DL and the Thursday afternoon game will be a great matchup, considering how great Lester has been vs. the Yanks. Then again, neither Pettitte or Moose have been all that great against the Sox. I don't envision a sweep by either team. Red Sox need this just as much as the Yanks.

Last time the Sox will ever play in the Old Yankee Stadium, oh memories.

Yankees have the pitching match-ups that could be beneficial. You throw out Ponson against Byrd who hasn't been anything great. It will be interesting to see how Wakes comes back from the DL and the Thursday afternoon game will be a great matchup, considering how great Lester has been vs. the Yanks. Then again, neither Pettitte or Moose have been all that great against the Sox. I don't envision a sweep by either team. Red Sox need this just as much as the Yanks.

Last time the Sox will ever play in the Old Yankee Stadium, oh memories.

Pettite:

Last game vs. BOS--6IP, 3BB, 7K, 1.55 ERA

He was lit up in the other start.

But he has only 2 starts vs Boston this year.

Moose:

Last game vs. BOS--6IP, 1BB, 5K, 0.00 ERA

Pettite:

Last game vs. BOS--6IP, 3BB, 7K, 1.55 ERA

He was lit up in the other start.

But he has only 2 starts vs Boston this year.

Moose:

Last game vs. BOS--6IP, 1BB, 5K, 0.00 ERA

Moose vs. Boston on year: 1-2 5.52 ERA

Pettitte vs. Boston on year: 1-1 5.06 ERA

Which one of those is great? Like I said neither one has been great against the Sox this year. They both had one good start and both have gotten rocked as well. Ponson has been even worse, but Byrd hasn't done well against the Yankees either. Wakes has never been in the same area as good against the Yankees. I suspect the Yanks take the first with the Sox taking the next two, based on pitching match-ups.

Archived