trade buzz: Clemens to Vikings !?

Greenseed3

Oh I did and I saw Clemens performance on the field last year.But MANY saw him as next Joe Namath and they should all eat crow.

Name one person who made such claims.

I believe most Clemens "fans" were simply hopeful for a replacement to the proven limitations of one Chad Pennington.

But we wait for your astute evaluations from now on. :rolleyes:

...from Cimini's latest blog:

August 30, 2008

Rumors of Kellen deal greatly exaggerated

There are a lot of rumors making the rounds today, and one of them has the Jets trading backup QB Kellen Clemens to the Vkings.

Not true.

I checked into it, and I

Exactly. This is based on what? Sounds like a cousin of a friend heard it through...kind of thing.

Speaking of which, a source in my inner circle just told me that Clemens and Coles are going to be traded to the Chiefs for their 1st rd pick in 2009.

Stay tuned, folks. This could be legit.

...from Cimini's latest blog:

August 30, 2008

Rumors of Kellen deal greatly exaggerated

There are a lot of rumors making the rounds today, and one of them has the Jets trading backup QB Kellen Clemens to the Vkings.

Not true.

I checked into it, and I

Speaking of which, a source in my inner circle just told me that Clemens and Coles are going to be traded to the Chiefs for their 1st rd pick in 2009.

Some day when you are older I will tell you how that all went down and why. A member of the Jets did say they were talking about that trade though.

That would be great. The Chiefs 1st round pick will be gold. Herm's last year will see to that.

LOL...wasn't he the one perpetuating this rumor?

No he actually wasn't. That is what I was trying to say earlier. Some misleading threads on different boards today. Cimini's earlier blog said let's speculate over what trades the Jets could make. But he didn't mention Clemens.

I think thejetsblog said they heard it on ESPN. But there was no link ... i.e. nobody willing to put their name on the line for it. Those rumors are scary because there is nobody to blame when they prove to be false.

I do mind because MANY annoited him the next franchise NYJETS QB ..........

While I considered RATLIFF to be much more talented way before Ratliff ever took the field in a NYJETS uniform.

Lol wow you're wasting your talents. Why aren't you a GM since its obvious Ratliff is a probowler and you saw it last year before anyone else.

Anyone with little or any football knowledge could see this.Anyone who didnt id classify as an idiot or moron.

So you're saying our 3rd string QB is among the elite at his position before he's even taken a meaningful snap? That's fine for you to live in that world but this "moron" is gonna wait for some impressive starts in the regular season before going too crazy.

So you're saying our 3rd string QB is among the elite at his position before he's even taken a meaningful snap? That's fine for you to live in that world but this "moron" is gonna wait for some impressive starts in the regular season before going too crazy.

And as a "MORON" you have every right to do just that.

No he actually wasn't. That is what I was trying to say earlier. Some misleading threads on different boards today. Cimini's earlier blog said let's speculate over what trades the Jets could make. But he didn't mention Clemens.

I think thejetsblog said they heard it on ESPN. But there was no link ... i.e. nobody willing to put their name on the line for it. Those rumors are scary because there is nobody to blame when they prove to be false.

wrong...blame SFJ-he started threads at JI and TGG with the rumor that Cimini was reading on JI...he's such a friggin A-hole that Florida guy

The people that are so against Ratliff now are the ones that will all claim they are his biggest fans in a few years and that everyone else is a frontrunner. Some people just like to talk meaningless **** all the time.

No one is against him, he's just yet to prove anything that's truly worth getting excited over. If he comes in to a regular season game and lights it up, then there's reason to be excited. What he does in some meaningless preseason games does nothing for me. Sorry.

I had the same attitude with Clemens last season and the same for Ratliff applies this season. I like him, I have nothing against him, I'm just far from convinced that he's something special.

No one is against him, he's just yet to prove anything that's truly worth getting excited over. If he comes in to a regular season game and lights it up, then there's reason to be excited. What he does in some meaningless preseason games does nothing for me. Sorry.

I had the same attitude with Clemens last season and the same for Ratliff applies this season. I like him, I have nothing against him, I'm just far from convinced that he's something special.

I will convince you.See you never listen to me.

That's the ironic part. Most of these same people are the ones who claim Clemens does have "it". Yet Clemens has gotten his shots and still proven nothing be it in pre season or regular season. I know you are not one of them. You are right on the fence with this one. Which is very unusual.

Exactly. I even take it a step further that what he's shown does mean something. Its reason to consider him in the mix for starter when Favre leaves. Its just the blanket proclamations about him being an all-pro that are annoying.

That's the ironic part. Most of these same people are the ones who claim Clemens does have "it". Yet Clemens has gotten his shots and still proven nothing be it in pre season or regular season. I know you are not one of them. You are right on the fence with this one. Which is very unusual.

Nobody thinks Clemens has "it." The only reason people had any hope for Clemens is people had it with Chad. It could have been anyone, I'd have been rooting to see what that person could do over Chad.

Ratliff is different because we're all happy with Favre. It's so ridiculous that people are equating wanting Clemens to supplant Chad, because we hate him, with wanted Ratliff to turn out good in a few years, with nobody saying he should supplant Favre right now. Yet that's what the anti-Ratliff people are doing. To me it just looks like some people just really want to have message board drama.

It's like it's seriously pissing people off that some of us like what we see in Ratliff and think we could have a future franchise QB in him. The amount of vitriol coming from these guys is hilarious. IJ, you're not part of that group, you've always been straight about it and haven't been insulting people or anything for it. My issue is with the others, I keep seeing these arguments breaking out and insults being flung back and forth, and it's like, wtf?

I'm amazed I haven't been specifically called out by name and insulted on my "football knowledge" since I've been so vocal in liking Ratliff actually.

Note: I don't mean anyone specifically in this thread, but in other threads and in general, it's been happening a few times.

Actually, I know serphnx and 5180 never were too high on Clemens.

It's funny though I am indeed on the fence. But if the day comes where Ratliff does indeed play well enough to convince me he's as good as some make out all you'll here is "IJ FLIP FLOPPED! IJ FLIP FLOPPED! LOLZ! OWNED OWNED" etc.

Exactly. I even take it a step further that what he's shown does mean something. Its reason to consider him in the mix for starter when Favre leaves. Its just the blanket proclamations about him being an all-pro that are annoying.

Alcohol,drugs and poor knowledge of football will do this to you guys.

Nobody thinks Clemens has "it." The only reason people had any hope for Clemens is people had it with Chad. It could have been anyone, I'd have been rooting to see what that person could do over Chad.

Ratliff is different because we're all happy with Favre. It's so ridiculous that people are equating wanting Clemens to supplant Chad, because we hate him, with wanted Ratliff to turn out good in a few years, with nobody saying he should supplant Favre right now. Yet that's what the anti-Ratliff people are doing. To me it just looks like some people just really want to have message board drama.

It's like it's seriously pissing people off that some of us like what we see in Ratliff and think we could have a future franchise QB in him. The amount of vitriol coming from these guys is hilarious. IJ, you're not part of that group, you've always been straight about it and haven't been insulting people or anything for it. My issue is with the others, I keep seeing these arguments breaking out and insults being flung back and forth, and it's like, wtf?

I'm amazed I haven't been specifically called out by name and insulted on my "football knowledge" since I've been so vocal in liking Ratliff actually.

Note: I don't mean anyone specifically in this thread, but in other threads and in general, it's been happening a few times.

Lol I feel like I'm receiving the same persecution for sitting on the fence about him.

And sorry for the double post.

Archived