trade buzz: Clemens to Vikings !?

Greenseed3

Clemens to Vikings rumor.... interesting.

I didn't think the Jets would trade Clemens because I didn't think he demonstrated himself to be worth anything in a trade. It'll be interesting to see what they get if this happens.

I don't know anything about this rumor, but I would like to point out something.

In the 2005 draft, the Jets drafted DBrick and Mangold in the first. Then they got a package of lower round draft choices with their pick in the second round. They were all set to go to the third round, but it was reported at the time that the Vikings were going to pick Clemens ahead of them so they traded to draft up to the late second round specifically to get Clemens.

In other words, the Vikings reportedly liked Clemens better than Tavaris Jackson two years ago. and now Clemens is bring outperformed by a second year QB in the preseason.

So this story would seem to make sense. Doesn't mean it's true, but it would make sense.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation

This puts a big hole in the Clemens to the Vikings rumor seeing as Booty locked up the #3 role. I don't see the Vikings acquiring Clemens and then cutting Johnson. It wouldn't make sense to have Jackson backed up with another inexperienced QB in Clemens. And why annouce Booty as the 3rd QB just to cut him? Also, the Vikings would be just as hesitant to cut a draft pick as the Jets are with Ainge.

Hopefully they don't do it at this point because I don't see what either team really gets out of this, especially the Jets. He's still the only other QB on our roster with any real game experience. Maybe something like this could be considered next year, but not right now. If we could get Chester Taylor that would be tempting, but I don't think the Vikings are that dumb.

Can someone show me the text that says Clemens to the Vikings? I saw Cimini's blog that said the was speculating about a trade.

But who said the Clemens to the Vikings thing? Is the source the jetsblog with the espn rumor?

This puts a big hole in the Clemens to the Vikings rumor seeing as Booty locked up the #3 role. I don't see the Vikings acquiring Clemens and then cutting Johnson. It wouldn't make sense to have Jackson backed up with another inexperienced QB in Clemens. And why annouce Booty as the 3rd QB just to cut him? Also, the Vikings would be just as hesitant to cut a draft pick as the Jets are with Ainge.

Hopefully they don't do it at this point because I don't see what either team really gets out of this, especially the Jets. He's still the only other QB on our roster with any real game experience. Maybe something like this could be considered next year, but not right now. If we could get Chester Taylor that would be tempting, but I don't think the Vikings are that dumb.

Drew Bledsoe has "gameday" experience too - but I wouldn't want him on the roster either.

T And why annouce Booty as the 3rd QB just to cut him? Also, the Vikings would be just as hesitant to cut a draft pick as the Jets are with Ainge.

Hopefully they don't do it at this point because I don't see what either team really gets out of this,

You would think they would hold off on the announcement of Booty as third stringer if a trade for Clemens were imminent, but stranger things have happpened.

What do the Vikings get out of this? Well, they were reportedly set to draft Clemens n the third round in 2006, and it is very conceivable they still like him.

What do the Jets get out of this? Whatever compensation the Vikings might give them. If the Jets were ready to elevate Ratliff to number two anyway-not saying they were-they don't care much about the third stringer anyhow.

With the way Ainge played on Thursday, if the coaching staff was that impressed by his performance I could see this making sense. Clemens did not perform well in the Preseason, aside from the Giant game, at all.

If Clemens is in fact TRADED all the Clemenheads need to hang their heads in SHAME. I mean they should be doing that already.

If you don't mind, I'll wait to make sure he doesn't take the Vikings to the SB first. No sense in making hasty apologies.

If Clemens is in fact TRADED all the Clemenheads need to hang their heads in SHAME. I mean they should be doing that already.

The vast majority of "Clemenheads" only found themselves in that boat because they didn't want Pennington to start for the Jets this year. The coaching staff seems to've agreed. I don't hear too many of them pressing for Clemens to even win the #2 job right now. Me included.

Shame? I don't think so.

If you don't mind, I'll wait to make sure he doesn't take the Vikings to the SB first. No sense in making hasty apologies.

I do mind because MANY annoited him the next franchise NYJETS QB ..........

While I considered RATLIFF to be much more talented way before Ratliff ever took the field in a NYJETS uniform.

I do mind because MANY annoited him the next franchise NYJETS QB ..........

While I considered RATLIFF to be much more talented way before Ratliff ever took the field in a NYJETS uniform.

I'm sure you did cause you're such a genius. If only all Jets fans were as smart as you and knew everything about how every player in the league would develop. :roll:

I'm sure you did cause you're such a genius. If only all Jets fans were as smart as you and knew everything about how every player in the league would develop. :roll:

Oh I did and I saw Clemens performance on the field last year.But MANY saw him as next Joe Namath and they should all eat crow.

Oh I did and I saw Clemens performance on the field last year.But MANY saw him as next Joe Namath and they should all eat crow.

Not a single person ever called him the next Joe Namath. People were happy to finally see a QB on our roster who could throw deep and wouldn't be playing dink and dunk Chad ball.

Not a single person ever called him the next Joe Namath. People were happy to finally see a QB on our roster who could throw deep and wouldn't be playing dink and dunk Chad ball.

When did he do that I must have missed it.Sad part if the NYJETS didnt sign Favre,Pennington would have beat Clemens out for the starting QB job again......:rl:

Archived