Nervous for the Miami game?

tjmitch

Will Allens best days are behind him and Bell is coming off ACL surgery..Last season he wasn't what you would call great to begin with but when he got injured every acted like he was Ed Reed. He hasn't proven anything but yet he is regarded as a saviour because he is back.

Your secondary is in for a long year, not just a long 1st game.

Pffffft. Shows how much you know...it was a torn achilles tendon. WAY more serious than a piddly knee.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will Allens best days are behind him and Bell is coming off ACL surgery..Last season he wasn't what you would call great to begin with but when he got injured every acted like he was Ed Reed. He hasn't proven anything but yet he is regarded as a saviour because he is back.

Your secondary is in for a long year, not just a long 1st game.

Bell tore an achilles, not his ACL, and his injury happened in the first half of the first game last year and I can safely say that nobody has been comparing him to Ed Reed, even though he is a very good safety and a nasty hitter.

FYI, our secondary is actually one of the suprises for the Miami Dolphins this year, It's basically the same secondary that was ranked 4th in 2006, last year was a failiure because of the coaching and injuries.

Bell tore an achilles, not his ACL, and his injury happened in the first half of the first game last year and I can safely say that nobody has been comparing him to Ed Reed, even though he is a very good safety and a nasty hitter.

FYI, our secondary is actually one of the suprises for the Miami Dolphins this year, It's basically the same secondary that was ranked 4th in 2006, last year was a failiure because of the coaching and injuries.

That is the funny thing talking to Dolphin fans this year, the amount of "Surprises" there are going to be..

1) Ricky is back his 2004 form (SURRPISE, he hasn't played football in 2 years)

2) Ted Ginn JR is a stud (SURPRISE, he hasn't show anything special yet)

3) The DBs are going to surprise (SURPRISE, name them)

4) Chad will pick apart defenses (SURPRISE, Chad's armory is empty)

5) Tony Sparano is a great Head Coach (SURPRISE, how many years of rookie HCs is Miami going to shoulder)

6) The Tuna (SURPRISE, he hasn't sniffed a Super Bowl in 10 years - 1985)

7) The offensive line is great (SURPRISE, a rookie doesn't make a great line)

8) Lots of talent at WR (SURPRISE, none that anyone can name)

9) The defense will be good (SURPRISE, you got rid of your playmakers).

BZ

That is the funny thing talking to Dolphin fans this year, the amount of "Surprises" there are going to be..

5) Tony Sparano is a great Head Coach (SURPRISE, how many years of rookie HCs is Miami going to shoulder)

BZ

SURPRISE! Building a team through Free Agency doesn't win you anything. See I can say stuff too ;)

BZ

1) Ricky played last year and he didn't have a 2004 form, that's the year he retired.

2)2nd year reciever, he hopefully will show alot this year

3)Will Allen, Goodman, Jason Allen and Yerimiah Bell.

4)Chad WILL pick apart defenses

5)Coach Sparano is tough and is the best coach Miami has had since Saban

6)Your math is wrong, he took the Pats to a Superbowl, that's sniffing. When dis Mangini sniff a Superbowl... Never

7)The OL is great-ly improved

8)Lots of emerging young WR talent... Hagan, Ginn, London etc...

9)If we had kept Zach and Jason our defense would be old according to Jets fans, now that they're gone we've lost our only playmakers. Fact is the defense is strong and will be a very competitive unit. We were ranked 2nd overall in the preseason. Now I know pre season is only pre season and it doesn't count, but it means something.

1) Ricky played last year and he didn't have a 2004 form, that's the year he retired.

2)2nd year reciever, he hopefully will show alot this year

3)Will Allen, Goodman, Jason Allen and Yerimiah Bell.

4)Chad WILL pick apart defenses

5)Coach Sparano is tough and is the best coach Miami has had since Saban

6)Your math is wrong, he took the Pats to a Superbowl, that's sniffing. When dis Mangini sniff a Superbowl... Never

7)The OL is great-ly improved

8)Lots of emerging young WR talent... Hagan, Ginn, London etc...

9)If we had kept Zach and Jason our defense would be old according to Jets fans, now that they're gone we've lost our only playmakers. Fact is the defense is strong and will be a very competitive unit. We were ranked 2nd overall in the preseason. Now I know pre season is only pre season and it doesn't count, but it means something.

1) Ricky played 5 plays last year

2) HOPEFULLY

3) Will Allen..old

Goodman???

Jason Allen.only got on the field last year becasue of injuries

Yeremiah Bell...hasn't done anything outstanding yet

4) Chad??? funny how last year you guys said he sucked

5) I thought you all hated the lying Saban?

6) Parcells, coaching over 25 years, Mangini...3

7) Your O-Line couldn't get any worse

8) Hagan sucked last year, can't catch a cold (.he couldn't catch crabs at a Jersey Truck-Stop).Ginn hasn't done anything as a wr yet

London? never heard of him and I live in S Fla

9) I know pre season is only pre season and it doesn't count, but it means something

WHAT???????

9) I know pre season is only pre season and it doesn't count, but it means something WHAT???????

It means something when your team went 1-15, was the laughing stock of the NFL, hasn't been to the playoffs in over 5 years and is playing "Oldies but Goldies" on offense and "Newbs to the rescue" on defense.

At least the expectations should be low, unlike 2 years ago when they were picked to go to the Super Bowl. :)

BZ

1) Ricky played 5 plays last year

2) HOPEFULLY

3) Will Allen..old

Goodman???

Jason Allen.only got on the field last year becasue of injuries

Yeremiah Bell...hasn't done anything outstanding yet

4) Chad??? funny how last year you guys said he sucked

5) I thought you all hated the lying Saban?

6) Parcells, coaching over 25 years, Mangini...3

7) Your O-Line couldn't get any worse

8) Hagan sucked last year, can't catch a cold..Ginn hasn't done anything as a wr yet

London? never heard of him and I live in S Fla

9) I know pre season is only pre season and it doesn't count, but it means something

WHAT???????

You are SO off on Hagan. We like to say he couldn't catch crabs at a Jersey Truck-Stop.

It means something when your team went 1-15, was the laughing stock of the NFL, hasn't been to the playoffs in over 5 years and is playing "Oldies but Goldies" on offense and "Newbs to the rescue" on defense.

At least the expectations should be low, unlike 2 years ago when they were picked to go to the Super Bowl. :)

BZ

Oldies on offense?! You must be talking about the Jets. And we haven't been to the playoffs in 7 years, C'MON BZ, ask your wife she'll tell you everything you need to know about football ;)

Just out of curiosity, how many times have the Jets gone 1-15? More than the Dolphins have I can assure you that.

So in one argument it is "don't look at last year" and the next one it is "Look how many times you have gone 1-15."

Sorry, 1-15 is a reflection on your team THIS YEAR, our 1-15's has no reflection on the team hitting the field on Sunday.

7 years? Has it been that long. Man, you guys are catching up to the Bills (10+ years).

The wife knows and she is ashamed. Loves the Tuna and the Chad but thinks Ricky is a RunMistakeRun.

BZ

Oldies on offense?! You must be talking about the Jets. And we haven't been to the playoffs in 7 years, C'MON BZ, ask your wife she'll tell you everything you need to know about football ;)

Just out of curiosity, how many times have the Jets gone 1-15? More than the Dolphins have I can assure you that.

what does that have to do with your team sucking now? I think Tx has been giving you guys spin lessons

BZ

Uhm, apparently you haven't been paying attention to your own team, which, by my count has at least five starters on offense in their 30's, as opposed to at most, two for the phins.

But why let facts get in the way of some good, misleading trash talk? ;)

So in one argument it is "don't look at last year" and the next one it is "Look how many times you have gone 1-15."

Sorry, 1-15 is a reflection on your team THIS YEAR, our 1-15's has no reflection on the team hitting the field on Sunday.

7 years? Has it been that long. Man, you guys are catching up to the Bills (10+ years).

The wife knows and she is ashamed. Loves the Tuna and the Chad but thinks Ricky is a RunMistakeRun.

BZ

So by that logic your Jets are a 4-12 team hitting the field Sunday? A 4-12 team that got two of those wins against the lowly 1-15 Dolphins.

Should be a good matchup between two ****ty teams then :)

So by that logic your Jets are a 4-12 team hitting the field Sunday? A 4-12 team that got two of those wins against the lowly 1-15 Dolphins.

by that logic you are right...the difference is that when we both double our wins from last year we will gave 8 and you will still only have 2 & the #1 pick again

BZ

Well said, but last years 1-15 record is no reflection on our team this year. New front office, new coaches and lots of new talented players.

Ricky is not a mistake, he's running machine.

I already posted this on ThePhins...

We are 4-12 but I can point to a lot of changes in the off season to make a 4-12 team look like it could get 8-8 and above. Can you point to the same on the Dolphins to show how the 1-15 team is going to get to 8-8?

Again, I am not sure it is going to work, bringing in all the hired guns. It might, but it also might backfire.

The Dolphins though can point to very little.

Dolphins Downgrades:

- JT

- ZT

Dolphins Upgrades

- Chad (one mans trash)

Jets Downgrades:

- Vilma

Jets Upgrades

- Jekins

- Favre

- Faneca

- Woody

- Pace

- Richardson

- Franks

BZ

Well said, but last years 1-15 record is no reflection on our team this year. New front office, new coaches and lots of new talented players.

The same can be said of the Jets and more so. We had several key FA pickups to improve weak areas, we signed one of the best QB's of all time, our OL and DL have been significantly upgraded (especially NT with pro bowler Jenkins - a key component of the 3-4), and one of the best (if not the best) OL coaches in the game. Add to it the fact that the Jets were a 10-6 playoff team the year before and the 4-12 season is more of an aberration.

Seriously, you Phins fans are very hypocritical. Last season Chad was noodle arm, and one of the worst QB's in the league. Now all of the sudden he picks apart defenses? Come on, get real!

The same can be said of the Jets and more so. We had several key FA pickups to improve weak areas, we signed one of the best QB's of all time, our OL and DL have been significantly upgraded (especially NT with pro bowler Jenkins - a key component of the 3-4), and one of the best (if not the best) OL coaches in the game. Add to it the fact that the Jets were a 10-6 playoff team the year before and the 4-12 season is more of an aberration.

Seriously, you Phins fans are very hypocritical. Last season Chad was noodle arm, and one of the worst QB's in the league. Now all of the sudden he picks apart defenses? Come on, get real!

Or maybe the 10-6 season was the aberration and the 4-12 season is more indicative of Jets football.

I'm sorry, but the signing of a few overpriced players does not make your team an instant competitor. Sure you got a good guard who makes ALOT of money. How's the depth behind him?

How's the depth behind the seriously aging Woody?

Calvin Pace? 1 good year out of 3 and he's all of the sudden worth 40 million dollars. What does that break down to for career sacks? 7 million a sack. Not bad money.

What about your running game? Will Thomas Jones (who's salary is 9 million) score more than 1 rushing TD this year? Seriously, $9,000,000.00 and he only scored 1 time on the ground.

Or maybe the 10-6 season was the aberration and the 4-12 season is more indicative of Jets football.

I'm sorry, but the signing of a few overpriced players does not make your team an instant competitor. Sure you got a good guard who makes ALOT of money. How's the depth behind him?

Calvin Pace? 1 good year out of 3 and he's all of the sudden worth 40 million dollars. What does that break down to for career sacks? 7 million a sack. Not bad money.

What about your running game? Will Thomas Jones (who's salary is 9 million) score more than 1 rushing TD this year? Seriously, $9,000,000.00 and he only scored 1 time on the ground.

ricky's done some scoring i'll give you that. unfortunately, what he scored got him suspended:rl:

I already posted this on ThePhins...

Again, I am not sure it is going to work, bringing in all the hired guns. It might, but it also might backfire.

The Dolphins though can point to very little.

Dolphins Downgrades:

- JT

- ZT

Dolphins Upgrades

- Chad (one mans trash)

Jets Downgrades:

- Vilma

Jets Upgrades

- Jekins

- Favre

- Faneca

- Woody

- Pace

- Richardson

- Franks

BZ

Funny, I think the same could be said about your supposed upgrades can it not? Favre was not wanted by the team he led to the NFC Championship game last year. One man's trash right?

Damien Woody last played for the Lions. Last I checked, they weren't exactly at the top of the heap with o-linemen. Richardson is closer to 40 than 3o and so on and so forth.

So you're saying the Phins 1-15 season should be ignored and isn't reflective of this years team, but the Jets 4-12 season is an indicator of this years team? Come on, you can't have it both ways. Both teams have improved IMO, but haven't proved anything yet on the field. So either they both have improved, or both should be viewed with last years records.

IMO the 4-12 season was the aberration. We had horrible line play which resulted in no running game and getting our QB's killed. But this wasn't my main point - it was that if you want to say the Phins 1-15 record isn't an indicator of this years team, then the same can be said of the Jets 4-12 record last year.

As far as the signings go, yes some don't work out but many do. You can't argue that Faneca, Woody, and Jenkins aren't significant upgrades over Clarke, Clement, and D-Bust Robertson. I'd also argue that Pace is better than any of our LB's except for Harris, although it's not a slam dunk as the other 3. Oh and lets not forget that Favre is a huge improvement at QB.

I'm not saying the Jets are a SB team, but they have significantly improved.

Funny, I think the same could be said about your supposed upgrades can it not? Favre was not wanted by the team he led to the NFC Championship game last year. One man's trash right?

Damien Woody last played for the Lions. Last I checked, they weren't exactly at the top of the heap with o-linemen. Richardson is closer to 40 than 3o and so on and so forth.

Stop trying to apply the same logic Sam. It doesn't work that way. The Jets get different (better) logic rules because they were 3 games better in the standings last year.

Their team was an aberration last year and they've upgraded at every weak spot. Nevermind they were ready to go into the season with "Noodle Arm" until Favre literally fell out of the sky.

My only concern would be Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams' potential to tear our defense to shreds with their running game. And of course, them having Jake Long protecting Pennington only makes their offense better.

It's a good thing the Fins have no defense, otherwise I'd really be worried about an 0-3 start.

My only concern would be Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams' potential to tear our defense to shreds with their running game. And of course, them having Jake Long protecting Pennington only makes their offense better.

It's a good thing the Fins have no defense, otherwise I'd really be worried about an 0-3 start.

You might be a little surprised this weekend Sir. We've improved slightly from last year's train wreck we called a D.

So you're saying the Phins 1-15 season should be ignored and isn't reflective of this years team, but the Jets 4-12 season is an indicator of this years team? Come on, you can't have it both ways. Both teams have improved IMO, but haven't proved anything yet on the field. So either they both have improved, or both should be viewed with last years records.

IMO the 4-12 season was the aberration. We had horrible line play which resulted in no running game and getting our QB's killed. But this wasn't my main point - it was that if you want to say the Phins 1-15 record isn't an indicator of this years team, then the same can be said of the Jets 4-12 record last year.

As far as the signings go, yes some don't work out but many do. You can't argue that Faneca, Woody, and Jenkins aren't significant upgrades over Clarke, Clement, and D-Bust Robertson. I'd also argue that Pace is better than any of our LB's except for Harris, although it's not a slam dunk as the other 3. Oh and lets not forget that Favre is a huge improvement at QB.

I'm not saying the Jets are a SB team, but they have significantly improved.

Nothing is different in the Jets coaching, front office, or team philosophy. So, yes I can say that last years 4-12 team is a reflection of this years team. There are some signifigant upgrades, Jenkins, Favre (even though he's 39) and Faneca are the 3 signings that I feel make the Jets better, the rest are stop gaps.

Miami on the other hand has new coaches, front office, philosophy and players making this a completley different team that is in no way a reflection of that "thing" that we put on the field last year. It's a new beginning boys.

Stop trying to apply the same logic Sam. It doesn't work that way. The Jets get different (better) logic rules because they were 3 games better in the standings last year.

Their team was an aberration last year and they've upgraded at every weak spot. Nevermind they were ready to go into the season with "Noodle Arm" until Favre literally fell out of the sky.

As did the Phins upgrade in every area, 1-15 season doesn't refelect on this years team, noodle arm was a terrible QB last year but is now the Phins savior, coach staff is greatly improved, etc., etc.

It goes both ways.

I really don't understand what there is to be nervous about. Miami is an easier team on our schedule and if we are getting nervous about them, what happens when we play NE week two? We can't be scared to lose, guys. I'm not saying this w ill be a walk in the park, it's going to be a good game of football. I just think Miami has a lot more wholes to fill than us at the moment. Giving us the advantage.

Besides, these Miami fans have no idea what they are in for with Penny.

I really don't understand what there is to be nervous about. Miami is an easier team on our schedule and if we are getting nervous about them, what happens when we play NE week two? We can't be scared to lose, guys. I'm not saying this w ill be a walk in the park, it's going to be a good game of football. I just think Miami has a lot more wholes to fill than us at the moment. Giving us the advantage.

Besides, these Miami fans have no idea what they are in for with Penny.

Who is this "Penny" character you speak of?

Yeah, its not like we've played his team twice a year for last 8 years or anything. :P

Can you name some of these many new talented players. Besides a pothead 31 year old RB who has carried the ball 6 times since 2005 and a QB who was tossed to the curb by the Jets.

Can you name some of these many new talented players. Besides a pothead 31 year old RB who has carried the ball 6 times since 2005 and a QB who was tossed to the curb by the Jets.

Our draft picks weren't bad. J. Long, Kendall Langford and Philip Merling look very promising. We also picked up our starting RG in Donald Thomas in the 6th round. Could be another Tuna draft day diamond in the rough.

As for FA, we went young and didnt drop alot of dime (unlike another franchise who shall remain nameless, AHEM)

Offense will be a challenge for us this year for sure. Im still not sold on Derek Hagan, but who knows.

Archived