Nervous for the Miami game?

tjmitch

Nothing is different in the Jets coaching, front office, or team philosophy. So, yes I can say that last years 4-12 team is a reflection of this years team. There are some signifigant upgrades, Jenkins, Favre (even though he's 39) and Faneca are the 3 signings that I feel make the Jets better, the rest are stop gaps.

Miami on the other hand has new coaches, front office, philosophy and players making this a completley different team that is in no way a reflection of that "thing" that we put on the field last year. It's a new beginning boys.

Lets look at Tom Coughlin. He had a few bad years in NY and was on the verge of getting fired, then he wins the SB. By your logic his SB team wasn't improved over the previous one, since it was the same regime. Very weak argument.

Just because you have a new regime doesn't mean the team is improved. Granted you can't get much worse than the pathetic team last year, but over the long haul you may not be significantly better. I look at our own situation when Tuna left. New regime, but we never made it back to the Championship game, and overall it was a disappointing regime.

Stop gaps? Who? Woody is a big improvement over Clement. Where is Clement now? Last I heard he was competing for a back up spot, and may not even be on a team now. Pace? As I stated earlier, he's better than any of our LB's except for Harris. The only guys we lost were Hobson (cut by the Cheaters) and Vilma, a total mismatch for the 3-4. You are definitely underestimating Pace's ability. He's not just a pass rusher, is a complete LB.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you name some of these many new talented players. Besides a pothead 31 year old RB who has carried the ball 6 times since 2005 and a QB who was tossed to the curb by the Jets.

Yes I can. Note that 4 of the 6 rookies listed is starting, including our 1st round pick. The Jets cannot say the same.

Chad Pennington

Chad Henne ®

Ernest Wilfort

Anthony Fasano

Devon Bess®

Jake Long®

Justin Smiley

Donald Thomas®

Akin Ayodel

Ferguson

Phillip Merling®

Kendal Langford®

Reggie Torbor

Dan Carpenter

Yes I can. Note that 4 of the 6 rookies listed is starting, including our 1st round pick. The Jets cannot say the same.

Chad Pennington

Chad Henne ®

Ernest Wilfort

Anthony Fasano

Devon Bess®

Jake Long®

Justin Smiley

Donald Thomas®

Akin Ayodel

Ferguson

Phillip Merling®

Kendal Langford®

Reggie Torbor

Dan Carpenter

NOT ONE ALL PRO IN THE LOT

Chad Pennington

Chad Henne ®

Ernest Wilfort

Anthony Fasano

Devon Bess®

Jake Long®

Justin Smiley

Donald Thomas®

Akin Ayodel

Ferguson

Phillip Merling®

Kendal Langford®

Reggie Torbor

Dan Carpenter

Yet you lost the only players that actually mattered on the Dolphins squad last season in Jason Taylor, and Zach Thomas. Although both may be older, the both of them are still going strong.

You name these rookies, and you think they're good.... lol

Lets look at Tom Coughlin. He had a few bad years in NY and was on the verge of getting fired, then he wins the SB. By your logic his SB team wasn't improved over the previous one, since it was the same regime. Very weak argument.

Just because you have a new regime doesn't mean the team is improved. Granted you can't get much worse than the pathetic team last year, but over the long haul you may not be significantly better. I look at our own situation when Tuna left. New regime, but we never made it back to the Championship game, and overall it was a disappointing regime.

Stop gaps? Who? Woody is a big improvement over Clement. Where is Clement now? Last I heard he was competing for a back up spot, and may not even be on a team now. Pace? As I stated earlier, he's better than any of our LB's except for Harris. The only guys we lost were Hobson (cut by the Cheaters) and Vilma, a total mismatch for the 3-4. You are definitely underestimating Pace's ability. He's not just a pass rusher, is a complete LB.

Mangini is half the coach Coughlin is. Or is it Coughlin is half the size of Mangini, I get confused sometimes.

I don't think I'm alone in saying this, but last years Giants were very similar to the 06 Giants. Why or how they got so hot in the playoffs to beat the Pats, I don't know. I'm just glad they did. Also, Coughlins bad years in N.Y. are consistant 8-8, 9-7 etc... Not 4-12 seasons like Mangini put up. Can't really compare the 2 situations

Chad Pennington

Chad Henne ®

Ernest Wilfort

Anthony Fasano

Devon Bess®

Jake Long®

Justin Smiley

Donald Thomas®

Akin Ayodel

Ferguson

Phillip Merling®

Kendal Langford®

Reggie Torbor

Dan Carpenter

:rl:

Thats some list you got there.

Mangini is half the coach Coughlin is. Or is it Coughlin is half the size of Mangini, I get confused sometimes.

I don't think I'm alone in saying this, but last years Giants were very similar to the 06 Giants. Why or how they got so hot in the playoffs to beat the Pats, I don't know. I'm just glad they did. Also, Coughlins bad years in N.Y. are consistant 8-8, 9-7 etc... Not 4-12 seasons like Mangini put up. Can't really compare the 2 situations

How does one 4-12 season equal seasons?

Oh I forgot you were a retarded flipper.

Maybe the teams had a little something to do with it, and a dolfag fan is the last person who should talk about other teams coaching.

You losers are on a merry go round of garbage coaching screwing you left and right in route to a decade of missing the post season.

No wonder you are a troll on another teams board, what a tragic existance you are.

How does one 4-12 season equal seasons?

Oh I forgot you were a retarded flipper.

Maybe the teams had a little something to do with it, and a dolfag fan is the last person who should talk about other teams coaching.

You losers are on a merry go round of garbage coaching screwing you left and right in route to a decade of missing the post season.

No wonder you are a troll on another teams board, what a tragic existance you are.

And Jade rears her ugly head. I wonderd why it was half way civil here today. School must have just gotten out, did you have your lunchable yet? You know how irratable you get when you don't have a snack.

Chad Pennington

Chad Henne ®

Ernest Wilfort

Anthony Fasano

Devon Bess®

Jake Long®

Justin Smiley

Donald Thomas®

Akin Ayodel

Ferguson

Phillip Merling®

Kendal Langford®

Reggie Torbor

Dan Carpenter

And that's a good thing? It's more of a statement that your starters suck then anything else. Plus rookies more often than not struggle in their first year. Not a good thing if they are starting.

And that's a good thing? It's more of a statement that your starters suck then anything else. Plus rookies more often than not struggle in their first year. Not a good thing if they are starting.
Exactly, only a total fool would think this was a good thing, you know the kind of clowns that troll message boards fantasizing because their lives are so pathetic.

VG will see very limited action. On 3rd-10 or 3rd and +10 yards and to rush the passer. On a cartoon in JI, VG was leaving a trail of pop corn to the QB, Mangini said that wont help. I think if the game is on the line Pace, BT and Murrell will be called on to rush the passer over VG. If you watch VG closely when he is playing , he quits on plays (stops running or pursueing the ball carrier), thats a really bad habit to have, he needs to go cold turkey on that.

Yikes you Jets fans have nothing to worry about.

My team is facing a much improved Texans team (and that's consdidered the easiest game on the schedule) and then it's the schedule from hell! Nervous over playing a team that finished 1-15 last year? pfft. lol

Now hold on here Mr. I will take crap form the Jersey Jet fans on this board. Afterall, this is their home and I am merely a guest.

But I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to take grief from a Steelers fan? Not because your team is worse than mine (they aren't), not because we beat you last year (we didn't) and not because I have a vendetta against Steelers fans (I don't).

No, I refuse to take any grief because I hate the color yellow and your team wears the worst kind of yellow: canary.

Buncha canary wearing, super bowl winning, motorcycle crashing, appendix bursting wussies... ;)

Now hold on here Mr. I will take crap form the Jersey Jet fanson this board. Afterall, this is their home and I am merely as guest.

But I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to take grief from a Steelers fan? Not because your team is worse than mine (they aren't), not because we beat you last year (we didn't) and not because I have a vendetta against Steelers fans (I don't).

No, I refuse to take any grief because I hate the color yellow and your team wears the worst kind of yellow: canary.

Buncha canary wearing, super bowl winning, motorcycle crashing, appendix bursting wusiies... ;)

:lololol:

If it's any consolation, your team ALMOST beat us last year. BTW, why does it seem every time our teams play a monsoon is involved??

:lololol:

If it's any consolation, your team ALMOST beat us last year. BTW, why does it seem every time our teams play a monsoon is involved??

EXCELLENT point, there was the muckity muck game from last year and the monsoon extravaganza from a few years back. The only thing I can think of is that some spirit from yesteryear is haunting us when we get together.

Personally, I blame Dan Marino...or Dave Wannstedt?

I would blame Joe Greene, but he is...well, he is mean and he would probably find me, and clothesline me into "Boliva." (copyright Mike Tyson).

EXCELLENT point, there was the muckity muck game from last year and the monsoon extravaganza from a few years back. The only thing I can think of is that some spirit from yesteryear is haunting us when we get together.

Personally, I blame Dan Marino...or Dave Wannstedt?

I would blame Joe Greene, but he is...well, he is mean and he would probably find me, and clothesline me into "Boliva." (copyright Mike Tyson).

Yeah i still blame you guys for firing Wannstedt. Look what ya did, ya sent him straight to screw up Pitt!! :bag:

I also remember a couple of Steelers/Phins games in the 80's where it rained alot. No, i refuse to remember anything else from the 80's. :)

Yeah i still blame you guys for firing Wannstedt. Look what ya did, ya sent him straight to screw up Pitt!! :bag:

I also remember a couple of Steelers/Phins games in the 80's where it rained alot. No, i refuse to remember anything else from the 80's. :)

Ugh the minute Wannstedt boarded a plane from Chicago to Miami, I knew it was trouble for us. I liked Jimmy Johnson as our coach, but him leaving Wannstedt in charge when he left was almost criminal.

Seriously, I looked into pressing charges...

Ugh the minute Wannstedt boarded a plane from Chicago to Miami, I knew it was trouble for us. I liked Jimmy Johnson as our coach, but him leaving Wannstedt in charge when he left was almost criminal.

Seriously, I looked into pressing charges...

Yea i look around the league and realize i've been fortunate with coaching situations. Thank God for Dan Rooney.

You guys have been saddled with bad coaching for some time now and it set ya back a ways imo. But at least now ya have Parcells and his proven track record. That's a pretty good thing to look forward to.

BTW, this is my adopted home. There are alot of really cool Jets fans here if ya give em' the chance. But alas, i know how rivalries go, i'll let you guys continue bashing each other and watch from a distance. :lol:

Yea i look around the league and realize i've been fortunate with coaching situations. Thank God for Dan Rooney.

You guys have been saddled with bad coaching for some time now and it set ya back a ways imo. But at least now ya have Parcells and his proven track record. That's a pretty good thing to look forward to.

BTW, this is my adopted home. There are alot of really cool Jets fans here if ya give em' the chance. But alas, i know how rivalries go, i'll let you guys continue bashing each other and watch from a distance. :lol:

Nah, I really don't have a problem with Jet fans, even if they do hate me. I went to Giants Stadium last year for the Dolphins-Jets game and was treated okay. Of course, I was sitting next to a guy who had a bloody fin coming out of his back and my drunken friend from Florida decided that it would be wise to pop off while being down by a ton of points early.

I actually got along with most of the Jet fan around me. Football is just that, football. To make it anything else or to take it so seriously that you can't have fun with it is silly.

I will, however, partake in smack talking festivities and poke fun when need be. It is just kind of hard to get a leg up when your team is 1-15. ;)

Besides...I am from California and a huge Stern fan. Going to New Yor...excuse me, New Jersey was great because I got to talk to fellow sternites all weekend long.

Nah, I really don't have a problem with Jet fans, even if they do hate me. I went to Giants Stadium last year for the Dolphins-Jets game and was treated okay. Of course, I was sitting next to a guy who had a bloody fin coming out of his back and my drunken friend from Florida decided that it would be wise to pop off while being down by a ton of points early.

I actually got along with most of the Jet fan around me. Football is just that, football. To make it anything else or to take it so seriously that you can't have fun with it is silly.

I will, however, partake in smack talking festivities and poke fun when need be. It is just kind of hard to get a leg up when your team is 1-15. ;)

Besides...I am from California and a huge Stern fan. Going to New Yor...excuse me, New Jersey was great because I got to talk to fellow sternites all weekend long.

I've sat in the dawg pound in full Steeler gear. Oh gawd did i take abuse that game. I live in Cleveland and my buddy got the tix. Anyway, i ended up being punched, beer poured on me and stuff thrown at me the entire game. But i got the last laugh, the Steelers won that day! :1st:

I've sat in the dawg pound in full Steeler gear. Oh gawd did i take abuse that game. I live in Cleveland and my buddy got the tix. Anyway, i ended up being punched, beer poured on me and stuff thrown at me the entire game. But i got the last laugh, the Steelers won that day! :1st:

I go to Raider games a lot dressed in Dolphins gear, or opposing team's gear and get yelled at. But that is the extent of the abuse typically. A few years back, Miami won in Oakland and someone started throwing quarters at me. I just laughed and gladly accepted the tip. Honestly, what kind of idiot throws money at someone else in the form of a heckle?

I walked away with about $2.25 and a W for Miami. :Nuts:

The worst experiences I have had at sporting events though goes to the San Francisco Giants fans. Hands down the worst. I am a Dodgers fan and am not afraid to show it in and around San Francisco. Last year, I wentot a game in which the Dodgers killed the Giants. I was promptly pelted with quarters (again with the money), beer, food, and part of the stadium. That's right, some fan actually ripped off part of the stadium seat and chucked it at my head.

Luckily, I got moves like Teddy Ginn (booya) and was able to dodge the projectile and watch as it creamed a security guard in the face.

That was the last we saw of that fan.

Archived