10 Thoughts from today's Nervewracker

nj meadowlands

1. The play of Darrelle Revis was spectacular today. I had been planning on mentioning this BEFORE the one-handed freak interception. He had an entire half of the field on lockdown all day. Chad didn't even look his way.

2. Piggybacking off of that point, Dwight Lowery was pretty damn good today, beings how they were going his direction most of the day. **DISCLAIMER: Last drive of each half not included.

3. Calvin Pace. What a monster. This guy was all over the field, blowing up runs before they started in the backfield, and getting pressure (the only pressure we could muster, really) on Chad. He will be the best player on the Jets' defense all season. Book it.

4. Vernon Gholston-- word to the wise. Bryan Thomas looks like he's on a mission. Being the sixth overall pick doesn't guarantee your job.

5. Brett Favre has zip that we haven't seen since Vinny T in 98, if not Joe Namath. He makes our offense multi-dimensional, and it's not even arguable.

6. Thomas Jones-- good for him. Ran hard, hit the holes swiftly, and picked up a TD. He's the true key to our offense. If he can run like that we'll be in great shape.

7. Laveranues Coles' not playing in the preseason was more obvious than Chad's lack of arm strength. Jesus Christ. The guy had no idea how to gauge a Favre pass. So used to those little noodles I guess. Or maybe he dropped a few balls "in protest".

8. Disagree with Mangini's decision to run the ball on 3rd and 7. We don't have Chad Pennington anymore. Grow a scrotum. (Incidentally, horrible false start there... was that Damien Woody?)

9. Jerricho Cotchery is a top 10 receiver in the NFL. And with the talent in this league, that's saying a lot.

10. Next week at the Meadowlands will be the most exciting atmosphere in the stadium for any game that was not a playoff game or a playoff qualifier (a week 17 must-win, for example) that the Jets have ever had. This is going to be enormous.

7. Laveranues Coles' not playing in the preseason was more obvious than Chad's lack of arm strength. Jesus Christ. The guy had no idea how to gauge a Favre pass. So used to those little noodles I guess. Or maybe he dropped a few balls "in protest".

this one shows me you dont know football at all or didnt watch the game.

He had one pass that was PI and his arm was tied up

The one in the endzone was a bad throw

Every catch his head was turned and his hands were reay, your analysis of this couldnt have been more wrong.

The rest wasnt bad.

this one shows me you dont know football at all or didnt watch the game.

He had one pass that was PI and his arm was tied up

The one in the endzone was a bad throw

Every catch his head was turned and his hands were reay, your analysis of this couldnt have been more wrong.

The rest wasnt bad.

I was watching the game in a crowded sports bar, number one. Number two, there was at least one ball he didn't come up with that he should have.

Thirdly and most awesomely, do you have sand in your vag? Or are you mad your ass-pal Chad just got beat? Maybe it's the ostracism...... whatever, I don't care.

I was watching the game in a crowded sports bar, number one. Number two, there was at least one ball he didn't come up with that he should have.

Thirdly and most awesomely, do you have sand in your vag? Or are you mad your ass-pal Chad just got beat? Maybe it's the ostracism...... whatever, I don't care.

Chad? HAHA lol Try again.

Do I have sand in my vag?

Are you kidding?

Your just another one of the *******s out there trying to bash coles.

He didnt play badly at all...

FYI... dont come up with some BS excuse about being at a bar... if you didnt see the game well... dont comment on it in such detail.

Its not personal... just more trying to prevent you from spreading menaning Coles hatred for no reason.

I remember one (though not distinctively where) he should have come up with.

also, is he still hurting? There were a couple series where it looked like it was Cotchery and Smith

Smith played some with Cotch, who knows if it was play calling or injury spurred...

Either way, you bashed coles for no reason.

Nice try to back off from it now though... lol

"Was he hurt"

"I was in a bar"

LOL

Chad? HAHA lol Try again.

Do I have sand in my vag?

Are you kidding?

Your just another one of the *******s out there trying to bash coles.

He didnt play badly at all...

FYI... dont come up with some BS excuse about being at a bar... if you didnt see the game well... dont comment on it in such detail.

Its not personal... just more trying to prevent you from spreading menaning Coles hatred for no reason.

Coles is one of my favorite Jets, so you can stop giving him a reach around. All I was saying was that his rust from not playing in the preseason was evident.

PS- Congratulations on being the new biggest bitch on the website. You used to be an entertaining, nice guy. Now you perpetually PMS. Oh well.

I pretty much agree with most of your points. But I have to echo the other posts in that I didn't see it as a noticeably bad game for Coles. He didn't look great but it was a solid game.

Another point that I'd add is that Jenkins was pretty beastly today. He anchored the run D quite nicely and that's impressive considering we were going against Brown and Williams.

Coles is one of my favorite Jets, so you can stop giving him a reach around. All I was saying was that his rust from not playing in the preseason was evident.

PS- Congratulations on being the new biggest bitch on the website. You used to be an entertaining, nice guy. Now you perpetually PMS. Oh well.

Just defending the guy

Like I said, nothing personal... I can understand in the heat of the moment going to far one way (hell I defended Chad all day)

Lets end it here... we agree to disagree... I didnt mean to be a dick.

1. The play of Darrelle Revis was spectacular today. I had been planning on mentioning this BEFORE the one-handed freak interception. He had an entire half of the field on lockdown all day. Chad didn't even look his way.

2. Piggybacking off of that point, Dwight Lowery was pretty damn good today, beings how they were going his direction most of the day. **DISCLAIMER: Last drive of each half not included.

3. Calvin Pace. What a monster. This guy was all over the field, blowing up runs before they started in the backfield, and getting pressure (the only pressure we could muster, really) on Chad. He will be the best player on the Jets' defense all season. Book it.

4. Vernon Gholston-- word to the wise. Bryan Thomas looks like he's on a mission. Being the sixth overall pick doesn't guarantee your job.

5. Brett Favre has zip that we haven't seen since Vinny T in 98, if not Joe Namath. He makes our offense multi-dimensional, and it's not even arguable.

6. Thomas Jones-- good for him. Ran hard, hit the holes swiftly, and picked up a TD. He's the true key to our offense. If he can run like that we'll be in great shape.

8. Disagree with Mangini's decision to run the ball on 3rd and 7. We don't have Chad Pennington anymore. Grow a scrotum. (Incidentally, horrible false start there... was that Damien Woody?)

9. Jerricho Cotchery is a top 10 receiver in the NFL. And with the talent in this league, that's saying a lot.

10. Next week at the Meadowlands will be the most exciting atmosphere in the stadium for any game that was not a playoff game or a playoff qualifier (a week 17 must-win, for example) that the Jets have ever had. This is going to be enormous.

I honestly didn't see any Coles drops. The balls I saw thrown to him, IMO, were pretty much uncatchable.

Archived