elway

unitas

favre

manning

s young (not vince)

(otto graham, pre merger)

marino``

brady

bradshaw (4 rings, but he had Swann, Stallworth and Franco Harris)

moon

i'd say thats accurate. hard leaving off Aikmen, Starr, Kelly etc. but whatev

as far as best "prime", i'd say Kurt Warner's 1999-2001 years trump anybody else's best span of three years...maybe outside of Peyton

So did Culpepper and Culpepper didn't have Wes Welker, nor did he have the running game or defense the Pats had.

Are you seriously comparing Dante Culpepper to Brady? RSJ - I know you are not one of the rethaded ones - so I'll chalk it up as post count fodder. :)

Brady is a little better than average NFL QB, that's it. He's not even close to a Marino, Favre or Montana in their prime. He just doesn't have the talent of those guys. He just happens to be on a great team with a perfect system for him.

If you plan on bringing illegal narcotics to the message board...at least have the decency to bring enough for everyone else.

So did Culpepper and Culpepper didn't have Wes Welker, nor did he have the running game or defense the Pats had.

OK, I am trying to follow your logic. I think you are saying because Culpepper also had a great statistical year with Moss, and Culpepper is by no means considered an all time great, then Brady is nothing special?

To that I would say, if Culpepper had a number of years like he had in 1998 and won a SB or two, he would be considered an all time great. You can't put Brady in the same category as Culpepper because Culpepper was only briefly great.

Are you seriously comparing Dante Culpepper to Brady? RSJ - I know you are not one of the rethaded ones - so I'll chalk it up as post count fodder. :)

Garb, I seriously think the Pats offense will be fine without Brady and possibly even win this weekend against my beloved Jets.

OK, I am trying to follow your logic. I think you are saying because Culpepper also had a great statistical year with Moss, and Culpepper is by no means considered an all time great, then Brady is nothing special?

To that I would say, if Culpepper had a number of years like he had in 1998 and won a SB or two, he would be considered an all time great. You can't put Brady in the same category as Culpepper because Culpepper was only briefly great.

Again, Culpepper never had the defense Brady had and 2004 was the year Culpepper had 39 TD's. That was also the year the league exploded thanks to 5 yard chuck rule. That was the year all offense went up thanks to that rule and it hasn't stopped since. Culpepper still managed to throw 33 TD's in 2000 which was before the 5 yard chuck rule.

Culpeppers stats for his first 5 years in the league > Brady's. Is he an all time great?

Culpeppers stats for his first 5 years in the league > Brady's. Is he an all time great?

I don't consider Culp an all time great, but what will hurt him and others like Marino, Kelly, and Archie Manning is the lack of winning a championship. You don't hear Kelly's name being mentioned too often when talking about the all time greats, and he played in what 4 SB's? It seems like Marinos name is falling down the list these days as well. Not that I mind that!!:P

Brady is a little better than average NFL QB, that's it. He's not even close to a Marino, Favre or Montana in their prime. He just doesn't have the talent of those guys. He just happens to be on a great team with a perfect system for him.

lol, bored ?

As much as I hate him, when it's all said and done, Brady is the best QB ever.

First off Brady is 14-3 in the play-offs and has won 3 SB with the like sof Bug Eyes Caldwell and Troy Brown at wide-out, good, not great. Pair Brady with a legitimate #1 wideout and you get last year, 50 TD passes, 8 INT. BB is a good enough coach that he can modify this offense to suit Matt Cassel and we will still contend, but w/out Brady we are looking at a 16-0 year to a 10-6 year. Brady is one of the best ever, maybe the best. Look at his stats against other great QB's.

Just for example compare, the first 6years of Brady's career to Danny Marino's and you will see that Tom is a lot better than a little above average

"..." - but he is still just an above average QB. "..."

- Hypothetical discussion ... most his "prime-time" Brady has been surrounded by a very impressive "support-cast" ... So one could argue that "the team made him look good", however, if you take a look at the Bears the season they went to the SB, the Bears were impressive too ... yet Grossman still stunk ... So I guess you could argue from both sides ... untill Brady gets a "below average" team to work with we will never know the "real answer" as to "if Brady is an all-time great or not ..." Fact remains, Brady's plays during the past decade will (in my opponion, and whether you like the man or not) secure him a place in Canton ...

First off Brady is 14-3 in the play-offs and has won 3 SB with the like sof Bug Eyes Caldwell and Troy Brown at wide-out, good, not great. Pair Brady with a legitimate #1 wideout and you get last year, 50 TD passes, 8 INT. BB is a good enough coach that he can modify this offense to suit Matt Cassel and we will still contend, but w/out Brady we are looking at a 16-0 year to a 10-6 year. Brady is one of the best ever, maybe the best. Look at his stats against other great QB's.

Just for example compare, the first 6years of Brady's career to Danny Marino's and you will see that Tom is a lot better than a little above average

you'll get no argument from me here. to call brady just good has to come from jealousy or hatred & not from a thought process

sundays game will be real interesting. while garb says cassell sucked in preseason, they proly didn't change the offense to suit him. He could end up being very solid sunday playin to his own strengths.

Excuse me???? :box:

Troy happens to be the ONLY Patriot that won every SB he played in, the two he was inactive for? Losses.

- Hypothetical discussion ... most his "prime-time" Brady has been surrounded by a very impressive "support-cast" ... So one could argue that "the team made him look good", however, if you take a look at the Bears the season they went to the SB, the Bears were impressive too ... yet Grossman still stunk ... So I guess you could argue from both sides ... untill Brady gets a "below average" team to work with we will never know the "real answer" as to "if Brady is an all-time great or not ..." Fact remains, Brady's plays during the past decade will (in my opponion, and whether you like the man or not) secure him a place in Canton ...

nice avatar!!!!!!!!!!

Not true at all Brady is a proven winner. with that Pats current D and Brady out they are in a lot of trouble.

Not true at all Brady is a proven winner. with that Pats current D and Brady out they are in a lot of trouble.

The Pats current D consists of this:

A formidable d-line. One of the best.

A hybrid lb corps - mix of youg and old. This unit will run hot and cold.

DB - safeties are hard hitting, but slow. Only one decent coverage guy in this bunch. Corners play zone - man up - would be a horror show. The true weakness of the team - yet should improve as the season goes with the youth at this position.

Overall - good QB pressure, good run d, suspect pass d.

It's not as bad as you think. I just can't see the offense scoring a lot of points and I can see the defense getting tired.

The Pats current D consists of this:

A formidable d-line. One of the best.

A hybrid lb corps - mix of youg and old. This unit will run hot and cold.

DB - safeties are hard hitting, but slow. Only one decent coverage guy in this bunch. Corners play zone - man up - would be a horror show. The true weakness of the team - yet should improve as the season goes with the youth at this position.

Overall - good QB pressure, good run d, suspect pass d.

It's not as bad as you think. I just can't see the offense scoring a lot of points and I can see the defense getting tired.

OK they are not bad but they will not Carry Cassell like they did Brady when he first came in. Cassell is in trouble he will be forced to score a lot of points, and thats not a very easy thing to do for a 1st year QB.

Archived